Michael Gallup is legit

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Packers WRs. Yep. Definitely their style. Who was their hot stuff maybe 5, 10 years ago?

Driver. Jennings.

Maybe that's some of the point too. West Coast WRs.
He reminds me of this packer. Similar size, speed and ability to separate.

SterlingSharpe-Getty.jpg

cern

Reaction score
would like to see something from Devontae Thompson touted as our new speed guy. so far, just a sore achilles.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Again temper the expectations for a rookie WR. I love his talent personally but it's a hard position to adjust to when coming into the NFL.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Regular season against starters other than ours. Show me please
I get your angle, but you can see it in the tape. His routes are cripsy like chips, and he has great hands. If he stays healthy, and hungry, he'll have a great career.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I get your angle, but you can see it in the tape. His routes are cripsy like chips, and he has great hands. If he stays healthy, and hungry, he'll have a great career.
Crispy like chips. Love it.. Lol. He has definately shown up big. Want to see the connection in regular season. He can catch. I need to see Dak get that ball to him. I think he will. They are both young and can grow together.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Crispy like chips. Love it.. Lol. He has definately shown up big. Want to see the connection in regular season. He can catch. I need to see Dak get that ball to him. I think he will. They are both young and can grow together.
I'm hoping so. Dak flashes some great skill. When/if he gets faster at going thru his progressions, the NFL is in big trouble.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Starting to buy the Gallup hype.

Think Williams is solid, and LVE will be strong.

Good draft class. Hopefully we have a diamond in the rough somewhere from 4th-7th.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Starting to buy the Gallup hype.

Think Williams is solid, and LVE will be strong.

Good draft class. Hopefully we have a diamond in the rough somewhere from 4th-7th.
how can we have a great draft class..... our coaches and front office are horrible...... remember?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
how can we have a great draft class..... our coaches and front office are horrible...... remember?
Well, I am not a believer in that. We've had strong drafts since 2010 or so.

Bad coaching, maybe. Our front office? Quite strong.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just remember last year when they tried that he looked completely lost looking for the ball.
I don't disagree that Beasley is very limited in regards to deeper routes.

If a starting RB is a better inside runner than outside, teams still need to give that RB some outside carries just to force defenses to defend the outside.

For Beasley they just need to give him a deeper route occasionally. If they do it strategically based on how the defense is playing then he'll get an occasional opportunity to see "loose" coverage on a deeper route.

By deeper I just mean past 10 yards.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I still have Robert Woods-type talent on him. A guy that can get us 600-700 yards and maybe a good red zone threat. I rarely, if ever, put much on WRs and preseason performances. Dak and Dez looked like they were going to tear up the league together in the last two preseasons and didn't happen.

But it mostly comes down to Dak for me, I just don't think he's a QB that can consistently get the ball to one receiver enough to make them superstars or highly productive.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
I highly recommend following Gallup on social media, his Instagram in particular. Often gives you an insight to players morals, work ethics, etc.

Gallup is a high character kid to go along with his talent. Always posting pictures with children and family. Whereas, Dez was always rolling around in his car with his crew posting late at night. Night and day difference. We slam the RKG model alot, however its refreshing to see young men like Gallup, Chidobe, and Jaylon show up as high character individuals to go along with their talent. Jordan Lewis is the same way.

chagus

Reaction score
I think it has alot to with Gallop's intelligence. He's a bright kid... he gets it. He takes to coaching well. He learns then he executes. This is something we havent had from a #1 in a LOOOONG time. No offense Dez... but this kid makes everyone not miss you... at all. Man, i hate typing that.