Michael Gallup is legit

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
The issue was the problem for a short player taking balls downfield. Once your past 5 yards, they can't muscle you anymore. If you have separation, you're open.

As for getting muscled at the LOS, I welcome DBs who try that on Beasley. Sure, it will work sometimes. But when it doesn't work Beasley will have 5 yards of separation in the blink of an eye.
The pass would have to be perfect for Beasley to catch deep routes consistently. Steve Smith was very physical going up for the ball, out jumping and muscling DBs. Beasley doesn't have that skill set at all.

817Gill

Reaction score
If he starts then does Hurns or Williams come off the bench?
Williams. Hurns is the better #2 in my opinion and I think T-Will would be best served in a role off the bench and as depth/insurance for Hurns and Gallup. T-Will is inconsistent against number 2 corners and shut down by 1's, but imagine him against 4th corners. If the team is more serious about 10 personnel 4 WR sets to spread the D, T-Will will have the upper hand on anyone teams sent out to cover him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The pass would have to be perfect for Beasley to catch deep routes consistently. Steve Smith was very physical going up for the ball, out jumping and muscling DBs. Beasley doesn't have that skill set at all.

Separation. Beasley has that skill set in spades. Obviously, you're not throwing jump balls deep to Beasley.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Both of those contracts are un-tradeable.
Why? All of twills guaranteed money has already been paid

BONUS BREAKDOWNCAP DETAILSCASH DETAILS YEAR AGEBASE SALARYSIGNINGCAP HITDEAD CAPYEARLY CASH2017
dallas.png
27$1,000,000$1,250,000$2,250,000$9,500,000$6,000,000($6,000,000)2018
dallas.png
28$3,500,000$1,250,000$4,750,000$7,250,000$3,500,000($9,500,000)
POTENTIAL OUT: 2019, 2 YR, $9,500,000; $2,500,000 DEAD CAP
dallas.png
29$3,500,000$1,250,000$4,750,000$2,500,000$3,500,000($13,000,000)2020
dallas.png

30$4,000,000$1,250,000

All

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Separation. Beasley has that skill set in spades. Obviously, you're not throwing jump balls deep to Beasley.
No, you're not intentionally throwing jump balls. But there is a reason why Steve Smith is an exception to the rule about short receivers playing on the outside. Almost always a deep pass being a jump ball was not on purpose.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No, you're not intentionally throwing jump balls. But there is a reason why Steve Smith is an exception to the rule about short receivers playing on the outside. Almost always a deep pass being a jump ball was not on purpose.

It's a jump ball when it's purposeful, when the WR doesn't have separation, or when it's just a bad pass.

It's fair to say that Beasley lacks muscle for the jump ball on a bad pass (the only case where it should be relevant), but he has a 38" jump, hands, and body control. Much of a jump ball is just the will and focus to attack the ball in the air. Beasley is better than most on that score.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
yea, that is what rico is for

Rico could be a good time if he can learn how to block. Then he can be on the field more, and if Dak sees a favorable matchup, like on a LB, or just a DB with poor ball skills, let him go deep and let the ball fly.

I loved Scandrick, but I don't see him competing on jump balls with Rico.

Rico crashing the boards on an end of half Hail Mary. That's going to be a good time.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Although he is a different type player, Gallup reminds me a little of Mike Sherrard. I think he could have a similar rookie season. Minus the injuries of course.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Although he is a different type player, Gallup reminds me a little of Mike Sherrard. I think he could have a similar rookie season. Minus the injuries of course.

Seems like a throwback to the days when WRs were about execution more than some exaggerated physical trait that was hard to matchup against.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he's legit, we need to trade hurns or twill.

He's legit. You can tell that not only by his play but his interviews. Highly intelligent and humble. It's just a question of how legit he is. Is he a 1 or a 2?

I'm beginning to think if he had a guy like Brees or Rodgers throwing him the football he might put up some good numbers as a rookie.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

A little thicker and more YAC than Sherrard. I'm struggling to come up with a comparable.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He's legit. You can tell that not only by his play but his interviews. Highly intelligent and humble. It's just a question of how legit he is. Is he a 1 or a 2?

I think that's the sweet spot. Get yourself a couple of 1.5s, instead of a 1 and a 2.