News: Michael Gallup: It Is What It Is

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I don't understand why he reached back. There was no point in it and it cost us a chance to tie.

Ramsey was playing really physical in coverage the entire game. Even on this play Ramsey has him in a slight armbar. I think it's a promising sign that Gallup was able to win this physical battle 40+ yards down the field and come up with the catch against a DB like Ramsey. The flag was a weak call. If Ramsey doesn't jerk his head back, we're having a different discussion this week.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't understand why he reached back. There was no point in it and it cost us a chance to tie.

If you watch the play you will see why. Like all CB's, they hold and pull on your down field arm to throw you off balance when they get beat. Its a way of slowing you down and affecting your ability to get both arms up for the ball.

Gallup simply won the hand fighting dual. Then Ramsey was smart enough to flop his upper body backwards to get the call. Watch it again...……….there is an initial small push from Gallop, then Ramsey actually flops back a 2nd time to try and get the call and it worked perfectly.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This is a good kid with a high talent base.
Hope he sticks around....

It's a no-brainer decision. Even if Cooper plays up to his contract which I have my doubts he will, in 2 years you let 19 walk and move forward with 13 and 88.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If you watch the play you will see why. Like all CB's, they hold and pull on your down field arm to throw you off balance when they get beat. Its a way of slowing you down and affecting your ability to get both arms up for the ball.

Gallup simply won the hand fighting dual. Then Ramsey was smart enough to flop his upper body backwards to get the call. Watch it again...……….there is an initial small push from Gallop, then Ramsey actually flops back a 2nd time to try and get the call and it worked perfectly.

Yeah, it wasn't a small push. Small pushes don't require full extension. Gallup also put a hand in his chest first and Ramsey responded with getting a hand on his shoulder. Ramsey did flop but the initial push did throw him off balance. He was leaning in and then got stood up by the push. Combined with full extension it's easy to see why they threw the flag.

Gallup-R.gif

Gallup-Push.jpg

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
“I mean, honestly, I guess I just (need to) beat him a little bit more at the line so we’re not play fighting down the field for a good 10 yards,” Gallup said Wednesday. “That’s the best I can put it. I was just trying to get my hand free, so (therefore) it looked like I pushed off. But it is what it is.”

“Got to call it fair every now and then. Get your chances when they come,” Gallup said when asked the question. “But I hope I get that call a little bit down the road.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/16/michael-gallup-on-interference-call-i-was-just-trying-to-get-my-hand-free

Gallup should not be blaming the ref on this one.

Talking about "fair" is a loser mindset. It's simple. Don't extend your arm. *Train* not to extend it. Push with your forearm or side of your wrist, not your palm. If you extend your arm, you're gonna get called, and you've got no one but yourself to blame.
iu

blueblood70

Reaction score
“I mean, honestly, I guess I just (need to) beat him a little bit more at the line so we’re not play fighting down the field for a good 10 yards,” Gallup said Wednesday. “That’s the best I can put it. I was just trying to get my hand free, so (therefore) it looked like I pushed off. But it is what it is.”

“Got to call it fair every now and then. Get your chances when they come,” Gallup said when asked the question. “But I hope I get that call a little bit down the road.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/16/michael-gallup-on-interference-call-i-was-just-trying-to-get-my-hand-free
ironic saw more obvious OPIS last night go uncalled, many...once again no one knows whats a pi or are..refs are tarded

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Watch the video. He extended his arm and pushed off with his hand. He's got nothing to complain about here. Don't push off, don't extend.

Watch the video again. Gallup said he tried to get Ramsey's hold on him. Even the announcers are saying that Ramsey hooked him.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Gallup should not be blaming the ref on this one.

Talking about "fair" is a loser mindset. It's simple. Don't extend your arm. *Train* not to extend it. Push with your forearm or side of your wrist, not your palm. If you extend your arm, you're gonna get called, and you've got no one but yourself to blame.
iu

This is what I've said from the beginning. Gallup's arm was not pinned in any way. Plus, Gallup never even tried to "free" his arm until the push-off. Gallup could have easily lifted his hand placed on Ramsey's chest upward and done an underside swim move and if he wanted to try his chances, swing back with his bent arm to nudge Ramsey backward with his elbow. An extended arm just gets you in trouble and it did here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
time to let it go and i better see old Julio Jones get called for them all game.. MI be like OPI what? LOL mad a career out of it..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't a small push. Small pushes don't require full extension. Gallup also put a hand in his chest first and Ramsey responded with getting a hand on his shoulder. Ramsey did flop but the initial push did throw him off balance. He was leaning in and then got stood up by the push. Combined with full extension it's easy to see why they threw the flag.

Gallup-R.gif

Gallup-Push.jpg
If anything, that was defensive pass interference.