News: Michael Gallup: It Is What It Is

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If anything, that was defensive pass interference.

On what planet?

Gallup had a jersey pull and also put his hand on Ramsey's chest first. If those 2 are allowed, why wouldn't Ramsey's reaction of getting an arm under the hand that's already in his chest first not be allowed?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
On what planet?

Gallup had a jersey pull and also put his hand on Ramsey's chest first. If those 2 are allowed, why wouldn't Ramsey's reaction of getting an arm under the hand that's already in his chest first not be allowed?

Because you are not allowed to inhibit the WR. The WR has to fight to get the guy off of him. Then to turn around and say that Gallup was the one interfering is stupid. Gallup had him beat already. Why would he have to even bother with him? He had to because Ramsey was all over him pulling and pushing on his arm. I get that maybe you don't call the DPI, but to call the OPI is a ridiculous. They were hand checking and Ramsey lost. That simple. BS call.

dfense

Reaction score
Ramsey is a technician......you don’t get that contract if you aren’t (sans Dlaw)........But Gallup looked Dynamic the other night folks......look out!
I love Gallup. He comes to play and he makes plays. His catch radius is the best on the team. And with Dak's accuracy, that is huge. Ramsey had a hard time with him. Should have went to him more last week.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Because you are not allowed to inhibit the WR. The WR has to fight to get the guy off of him. Then to turn around and say that Gallup was the one interfering is stupid. Gallup had him beat already. Why would he have to even bother with him? He had to because Ramsey was all over him pulling and pushing on his arm. I get that maybe you don't call the DPI, but to call the OPI is a ridiculous. They were hand checking and Ramsey lost. That simple. BS call.

A WR is also not allowed to inhibit a DB. The most common way they do so is a push-off. The hand checking is fine but you're saying you don't see a push-off in the video I posted? The still shot shows a full arm extension. If Gallup truly had him beat then there would be no need for his "small push" as you put it and Ramsey wouldn't be "all over him" because he was beat. He wasn't beat though as evidenced by Ramsey getting a back hand on his shoulder. Gallup's arm clearly wasn't pinned, so all he had to do was lift it and swim under to outstretch his hands. But Ramsey was closer than everyone says so Gallup felt he needed to push off. Officials are blind at times, but even a one-eyed official could see a fully-extended arm. Do you see it in that picture I posted?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s kind of rude. My trade deal makes sense. Trade Gallup and pollard while their value is high
Well hell, by that logic it’s time the Chiefs trade Pat Mahomes.

And you want Dwayne Haskins? So, we trade 2 strong players for a QB that isn’t better than the one we have?

I’m missing the logic all the way around.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Well hell, by that logic it’s time the Chiefs trade Pat Mahomes.

And you want Dwayne Haskins? So, we trade 2 strong players for a QB that isn’t better than the one we have?

I’m missing the logic all the way around.
It’s because we need a contingency plan if Dak leaves. If they didn’t want to pay him 35M’s last year why would they be willing to pay 40-42M’s next year?

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense to me. None. Gallup and Pollard are excellent players, and we need that talent.
We really don’t. Amari and CeeDee are enough. We have to top 5 1st round picks as wide outs.

We need a pass rusher and ball hawking safety far more

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Gallup extended his arm to create space and Ramsey then hooked his arm.

Gallup even said as much in a previous report after the game.

Y’all really act like a receiver is allowed to do that, lol.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
He was trying to get his hands free because Ramsey was holding him. Read what he said.

Ramsey wouldn't have been able to hold his arm it he didn't put it back, Gallup messed up a rookie mistake, you have your man beat why in the world would you even put your arm back?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
We really don’t. Amari and CeeDee are enough. We have to top 5 1st round picks as wide outs.

We need a pass rusher and ball hawking safety far more
I'm glad you're a fan and not a coach.
You want a safety, that's what the draft is for. Draft one. Don't give away top talent.

Last edited: