Twitter: Michael Gallup retiring

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Good player when healthy. Certainly was good for a highlight every now and then. Enjoy retirement 13!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Makes you wonder.

Is the knee bothering him?

Or maybe he just doesn’t want to play anymore.
He wasn’t the same player after that ACL and lost some of his confidence. He never returned to form. Teams are probably not that interested, which is likely why he’s retiring.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He wasn’t the same player after that ACL and lost some of his confidence. He never returned to form. Teams are probably not that interested, which is likely why he’s retiring.
He was on the Raiders roster so he had a chance.

But yes he was never the same post injury.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh? He failed miserably after his injury. Most "haters" said don't resign him Jerry and were proven right. What's your point?

I always liked MG, his amazing catches right on the very sideline won't be forgotten. But giving him that contract at this point was just stupid. We like our guys once more.

Anyway, wish him the best, that money will be useful for the rest of his life. Make the best of it MG.
He still made it much further than all or most of us.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He was on the Raiders roster so he had a chance.

But yes he was never the same post injury.
I forgot all about Gallup. Things probably weren’t going well with the Raiders. The fact that he retired the day they opened training camp tells me he probably didn’t think he would make the team or they told him his chances weren’t good. The Raiders like speed at WR and he wasn’t a burner.

ghst187

Reaction score
Best wishes to Gallup.

Gosh what a mistake re-signing him was.

Hopefully the FO has learned that you should not sign guys coming off an ACL injury to a long term
Deal.

As great as surgery and sports medicine has gotten, you still just don’t know. Some players are still never the same post injury.
I swear Jerry did it just to spite Amari

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Best wishes to Gallup.

Gosh what a mistake re-signing him was.

Hopefully the FO has learned that you should not sign guys coming off an ACL injury to a long term
Deal.

As great as surgery and sports medicine has gotten, you still just don’t know. Some players are still never the same post injury.
It was a mistake, but he got him at a good price because he was coming off an injury and was banking he could return to form. Michael Irvin tore his ACL his second year in the league. He came back slow the following year, but exploded during his fourth year with over 1500 yards. Even two years removed from the injury Gallup didn’t look right.