Twitter: Michael Gallup retiring

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't care about salaries. I care about play. Plenty of teams have shown over the years that the salaries don't matter as much as how you manage them.
Plenty of teams have shown it but the Cowboys aren’t like plenty of teams. They’ve shown you who and what they are. You may not care about salaries but they sure as hell do.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Plenty of teams have shown it but the Cowboys aren’t like plenty of teams. They’ve shown you who and what they are. You may not care about salaries but they sure as hell do.
Didn't say the Cowboys know what they are doing. Free agency clearly shows they do not. That doesn't mean there weren't ways to keep Cooper and even reduce his salary with an extension rather than pay Gallup, who was coming off injury and had not proven to be better than Cooper.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Didn't say the Cowboys know what they are doing. Free agency clearly shows they do not. That doesn't mean there weren't ways to keep Cooper and even reduce his salary with an extension rather than pay Gallup, who was coming off injury and had not proven to be better than Cooper.
They didn’t want Cooper. For what reason? I think many have assumed but we never got an answer. They structured his deal so they could get from under it sooner rather than later and they for sure did it.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Good job he did on the two bozo Jones boys getting that last deal coming off his injury.
Michael spoke on this in an interview a year or so ago on the team website. Essentially said Jerry called him in without his agent and said he would like to extend him. Gallup was worried he was getting cut or asked to take a payout since he had just torn the ACL, so naturally he was shocked that Jerry wanted to extend him.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Jerry Dumbo GM Jones let's go a no.1 WR, Amari Cooper who had a sweet heart contract, tries to replace him with a one leg WR signed to a multiple year contract, Jerry has lost his Lamb, and leverage on Lamb he could have had with Amari Cooper resigned for less than the $25M per year.

Mark

Reaction score
Best wishes to Gallup.

Gosh what a mistake re-signing him was.

Hopefully the FO has learned that you should not sign guys coming off an ACL injury to a long term
Deal.

As great as surgery and sports medicine has gotten, you still just don’t know. Some players are still never the same post injury.
This.

Now we're going to find out what Diggs looks like. Hope I'm wrong, but am not expecting much.

jay94

Reaction score
I said he would be out of the league with in 2 years, he must be disappointed in himself to retire early. What he doesn't realize now, no matter what job he gets in the future won't be for the amount he can make now, unless he strikes gold.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Best wishes to Gallup.

Gosh what a mistake re-signing him was.

Hopefully the FO has learned that you should not sign guys coming off an ACL injury to a long term
Deal.

As great as surgery and sports medicine has gotten, you still just don’t know. Some players are still never the same post injury.
cough cough diggs

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It’s what they’re best at.

They also have a fetish for signing guys coming off injuries.

We got 73 catches, 840 yards, and 6 TDs out of Gallup after signing his deal.

Meanwhile, Amari Cooper in his two years since leaving has 150 catches, 2,400 yards, and 14 TDs.
And he took his contract numbers down for Cleveland. :banghead: