Video: Michael Gallup Return-Sports Doctor Provides his expert opinion

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

Been following this doctor's channel for a couple of years now. He is very accurate on his timelines for returns.

Gallup probably won't be back until week 10 (week 9 is a bye).

I got blasted on this board bc I said the WR position is a mess and Gallup ain't gonna be but week 4. Now we talking 10?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got blasted on this board bc I said the WR position is a mess and Gallup ain't gonna be but week 4. Now we talking 10?

ONE guy who is not with the team saying this. Who is supposed to be a sports medicine expert. Sounded and looked like he was drunk.
So you going to go with that, ok then.

However we need to see more about the WR group. But I don’t think they are a mess, but they aren’t what they could be. However we have not seen the starters out there either.

Creeper

Reaction score
I would say week 10 is ridiculous, but look how long they held Gallimore back from his hyperextended elbow.

Just because Gallup is running routes does not mean he is close to playing football. But it does seem he would be closer than 10 weeks from the start of the season.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
First, the guy is a Dr.

Not sure why all the animosity about his opinion. He should know better than us laymen, about an injury.

That said, I thought I read a couple months back that Gallup underwent a new type of surgery that can potentially make his recovery time faster. Not sure if that was PR puff piece or if it had any merit. Interestingly, I'm unable to find it upon a google search and I don't recall the exact source.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I would rather take advice from this doctor...

tumblr-a49612856eaafff266cc43a4787067ff-8a6027b6-500.gif

...than some 'Weeks 10' doctor. :cool::D

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I don't care if he comes back in 2 weeks or 10.

I just want him to come back as close to the same player that he was before he went out.

When healthy, he was easily the best receiver on the team.

Better than Cooper for sure, and he was right up there with Lamb.

Just get him back healthy. No need to rush him.