Video: Michael Gallup Return-Sports Doctor Provides his expert opinion

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
and according to fisher, it sounded like he was running them and cutting at full speed. If that is the case, no way is he out till week 10.
Im looking for any pics, feeds, tweets of sign of knee brace in practice.
Im not the media update dude, so those here that do, please share.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
i mean didn't he miss like a month with a hamstring injury?
Well all I can say the best motivation to get a player off the trainer's table is to bring in comp, and that is no knock on Gallup, I want him back, but their our some young fish in the water
with an eye on the lure.

jrumann59

Reaction score
There were some here saying he would not start on PUP based on the fact they otr their ACl and was back to being average Joe within 6-7 months. 6-7month recoveries are outliers just like year plus recoveries like Hill are outliers. This makes the Gallup contract and the way Dallas handled Wilson and Cooper look even more stupid.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Eric Fisher if I’m not mistaken has not Re signed since leaving the Colts after 2021. I’m not thrilled with the prospects of Josh Ball on Daks blind side .

We do need to fix the LT situation.

That's no lie.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Any so called doctor that gives a time frame when he himself has never examined the patient is an attention seeking hack.

I think you're likely right. Did some research on this guy.

Dude is a hack.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Week 10 seems long considering that he is already running routes in practice.

Glad to see that you made that point. I was just about to say the same thing. It seems likely he'll return sooner than expected.

DanA

Reaction score
Week 10 seems long considering that he is already running routes in practice.

You can stabilize the joint by building muscle and get proprioception right but it simply takes 12 months for a ligament to repair to full strength with progress not linear but logarithmic. Early return (less than 9 months) has something like 10 x the likelihood of re-injury and as far as I am aware there isn't much you can do to speed up the strengthening of ligaments but maybe there are new drugs or whatever that a multi-million-dollar athlete has access to.

Sydla

Reaction score
FWIW, there is an entity called Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation that studied QBs, RBs and WRs and ACL tears and said, on average, WRs typically need 10.9 months to return. Some here are predicting Gallup will play in September, only missing 2-3 games. That would be an outlier per the data.