News: Michael Irvin files $100 million lawsuit vs accuser and Marriott (Renaissance hotels)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creeper

Reaction score
Interesting. Since the specific accusations are not known publicly, then how could he be cancelled? If he is cancelled on the rumors of accusations that seems pretty awful too.

If he has multiple witnesses to back up his claims against 1 woman's story it will be interesting to see what happens next. Do the companies that cancelled contracts with him apologize like nothing happened? Or do they continue to act only on the accusations of the woman. It is a complicated world we live in today.

People judging Irvin without the facts are not acting in good faith. If this is another false accusation he should sue everyone who looked at him cross-eyed. That's the only way this stops.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Interesting. Since the specific accusations are not known publicly, then how could he be cancelled? If he is cancelled on the rumors of accusations that seems pretty awful too.

If he has multiple witnesses to back up his claims against 1 woman's story it will be interesting to see what happens next. Do the companies that cancelled contracts with him apologize like nothing happened? Or do they continue to act only on the accusations of the woman. It is a complicated world we live in today.

People judging Irvin without the facts are not acting in good faith. If this is another false accusation he should sue everyone who looked at him cross-eyed. That's the only way this stops.
Depends on what he has heard from NFL Network - if the idea is to completely let him go, then yeah, he for sure has a case here. Nowhere near in the ballpark of $100 million, but he'd get something if the allegations are proven to be false.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is true but let's be honest, Mike use all his markers years ago. He's not getting the benefit of the doubt of let's say Jerry Rice or DeMarcus Ware.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Depends on what he has heard from NFL Network - if the idea is to completely let him go, then yeah, he for sure has a case here. Nowhere near in the ballpark of $100 million, but he'd get something if the allegations are proven to be false.
I'm guessing this is about other future opportunities coz his career with NFL Network is likely over.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is about other future opportunities coz his career with NFL Network is likely over.
I mean, sure, but it's harder to prove that you aren't being hired because of this. It's easier to prove being fired because of this though. This is an absolute case of damages.

But again, that all depends on the evidence and it's really strange how hush hush everything has been about this. Normally a little more than just this comes out - I can't imagine too much was even caught on camera.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is true but let's be honest, Mike use all his markers years ago. He's not getting the benefit of the doubt of let's say Jerry Rice or DeMarcus Ware.
Maybe in the court of public opinion, but his behavior years ago has no legal bearing on this case. If she and the hotel can't produce evidence he did something and Irvin produces 4 witnesses that say he didn't it is pretty open and shut. Does that mean he will win? No. Like I said we live in a very complicated period in history.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If she and the hotel can't produce evidence he did something and Irvin produces 4 witnesses that say he didn't it is pretty open and shut. Does that mean he will win?
IMO ...Yes coz unless we get more graphic details of what he did, it is just a mild accusation, which is a wide brush. Now if she was accusing him of rape or something of physical harm, all bets are off.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If they start handing out 20 and 30 year sentences to these thirsty gold digging hookers for lying when evidence proves they lied, this type of thing will quickly disappear nation wide.

Just like the street trash hooker who lied on Zeke.
Agreed, wholeheartedly, but this bad culture has been going on throughout our country for 30+ years now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well, now. :popcorn:

I have no idea what he said, but the fact that he went on the radio and said he was too drunk to remember what he told her...............well, how you going to sue her then?

"Your honor, I was drunk a.f. and I dont remember a thing that I said, but I am sure whatever she is saying I told her is a lie so give me $100 million"

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
if the idiot don't remember talking to her, how does he know what happened. smh, get another **** biscuit mumbler.
I have no idea what he said, but the fact that he went on the radio and said he was too drunk to remember what he told her...............well, how you going to sue her then?

"Your honor, I was drunk a.f. and I dont remember a thing that I said, but I am sure whatever she is saying I told her is a lie so give me $100 million"
Hot takes, nothing but hot takes on CZ. The deep, intellectual legal analysis is a marvel to behold. :clap:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hot takes, nothing but hot takes on CZ. The deep, intellectual legal analysis is a marvel to behold. :clap:
Not a hot take and not a legal analysis, I am simply asking a very basic question from the article that is being report on.

"Irvin said he had just gotten back from having drinks with former Cowboys safety Michael Brooks. He admitted that he is unsure of what was said during the brief conversation because he had been drinking."

With all due respect Jake, you dont have to use the Socratic method of deduction here to ponder the question "if you were drunk and dont remember, how can you claim she is lying". In fact, the exact same article that is reporting this also asks the exact same question. Here it is from the article, word for word..........

"That is obviously troublesome for Irvin. If he cannot recall what he said because he was intoxicated, it will be tough for him to deny whatever allegations the woman made."

Status
Not open for further replies.