Michael Irvin having a throat biopsy done

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
If they caught it early Irvin is lucky. My father in law had esophageal cancer. You know the drill. Biopsy, chemo, radiation, we got it all, no we didn't. Feeding tubes, weight loss from 160 pounds to 85, sorry old man your time is up. Chose assisted death and we were very proud and supportive of his decision. No lingering and being a burden in his mind. Yeah it sucks.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I had a bone biopsy done once. It’s probably the most uncomfortable thing you can imagine. As the drill was grinding into my pelvic bone I could feel the joints all the way up by body reverberating from it

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
My wife deals with biopsies every day.
It just means that a doctor saw something that warrants taking a nice little fleshy chunk to be taken out of you for examination for cancer.
And, while it's not a for sure thing, biopsies are generally not good news.

That's.....correct unfortunately. I've had 3 for skin cancer and 2 have come back positive. Man.....*** cancer

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Isn't everything? What truly is real?
Only what we accept.

Well, this is a very very metaphysic question you put up here.

I just read the twitter post. And it sounds more like he just overstrained his voice. Thats all.

Irvin was always a guy who liked to be in the limelight. Maybe this story is true. Then i am wrong and i will feel bad about it because i like irving. But right now i dont believe this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
His vocals are probably shredded from all the yapping he does. I haven’t heard anyone’s voice change as much as his has the past 25+ years. Heard an interview with him after our last Super Bowl win and he sounded like he inhaled helium. Now he sounds like Fred Sanford.
Sounds like a 50 year old version of himself to me. I don’t recall him ever sounding like he’s inhaled helium.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That's.....correct unfortunately. I've had 3 for skin cancer and 2 have come back positive. Man.....*** cancer
I HAVE HAD SKIN CANCER 2 TIMES. BASAL CELL Carcinoma on the bridge of my nose then on my right temple. Doc said its highly likely that it comes back in other areas as time goes. NOT GOOD. I'm a cancer survivor and I hope Irvin is ok. Sorry to hear you have had it. Its scary stuff.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Very misleading title. Doesn’t mean he has it. He’s worried because his dad had it and wanted to make sure he’s not going to too after his voice from the saints cowboys game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sounds like a 50 year old version of himself to me. I don’t recall him ever sounding like he’s inhaled helium.

His speech pattern is the same, I'm referring to the texture of his voice which is dramatically different. Rare for someones voice to change that much from age 28 to age 51. When you listen to Jerry, Jimmy, Aikman and Emmitt from back then their voices haven't changed that much. If you posted just the audio of Irvin and asked everyone here to guess what player from the 90s it is, not many would guess that's him. For him to sound the way he did back then he would have to inhale helium. Lol