Video: Michael Irvin sees serious problems with Cowboys against 49ers

eternaljester81

Reaction score
I actually think it is going to come down more to the lbs being able to see the misdirection and adjust to prevent the runner getting to the second level...they like to use a lot of trickery and we have to make sure we don't get fooled

LVE needs to have a great day against SF, which is my biggest source of anxiety over the game.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think Dak will play very well.. He's just not one to choke in that situation. I do worry that Moore will come out too passive early and allow the offense to start slow.. I say we come out with play action on the first play and take a deep shot to whoever Josh Norman is covering. Then come back with a couple of crossers with Jarwin or Wilson.. Send the message that we aint lettin some 34 year old slow arse CB cover any of our receivers without paying the price.. and let them know that if they drop TOO deep we have guys who can move the chains on them. I also think it's time the jet sweep made it back into the playbook.. Use the fake to Zeke to hold pursuit and let Pollard exploit the edges.. But they just have to be aggressive on offense. Don't sit back and "take what the defense gives you.." Go out and take what you want..
@RonnieT24 can you please be on our sideline and give all this information to K. Moore? Thanks!! :)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yea, it amazes there’s actually some fans who don’t watch other games. What’s up with that?

Hey man some people have families that make demands on their time.. I know when my kids were at home I had to work to carve out time to watch even the Cowboys game and as soon as the final gun sounded it was time to go be a dad.. or do some yard work etc. I aint mad at people who can't watch 12 hours of football every Sunday. I remember when I was single and would watch 12 hours on Saturday then 12 hours on Sunday.. it was glorious.. but life changes man!!! I'm sure you know this already though..

Jipper

Reaction score
LVE needs to have a great day against SF, which is my biggest source of anxiety over the game.

Well at least we're not talking about jaylon Smith....LVE has been solid down the stretch but I share the concern

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Irvin is still scarred from the last playoff meeting we had with them. He had a huge game but 5 turnovers screwed us.

CWR

Reaction score
Hey man some people have families that make demands on their time.. I know when my kids were at home I had to work to carve out time to watch even the Cowboys game and as soon as the final gun sounded it was time to go be a dad.. or do some yard work etc. I aint mad at people who can't watch 12 hours of football every Sunday. I remember when I was single and would watch 12 hours on Saturday then 12 hours on Sunday.. it was glorious.. but life changes man!!! I'm sure you know this already though..

Short of an emergency those 3 hours belong to me. They may be my only 3 hours all week, but they are mine. I will schedule around the games if I have to. Obviously not everyone has that luxury.

I took vacation for any possible day we could play on during the playoffs. All my bases are covered.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
@RonnieT24 can you please be on our sideline and give all this information to K. Moore? Thanks!! :)

LMAO.. I wish.. frankly all this football knowledge in my head is great sitting at my computer.. but being able to summon it on the fly with live bullets flying is the challenge ... I know because I've called plays all the way up through high school.. and have gone into games knowing exactly how I should attack a defense.. then when the bullets start flying stuff changes... Stuff happens quick.. and you have to always be 4-5 plays ahead.. with 3-4 options ready for every possible scenario depending on how much you gain on this next play. You can't be looking at the play sheet AFTER the play is over. You have to already know what the next play is and have it ready to call in ... I imagine it's about 100 times faster in the pros.. Their play sheets have 10 times as many plays on them and their schemes are 10 times as complex. While I do think I could eventually get to where my mind could make those decisions fast enough for the NFL.. it would take me years to get there.. and me and my head coach would get fired 5-6 times in the interim! LOL! Plus we all know NFL coaches work 80 hours a week NOT counting game day.. What sane person is signing up for that?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We do have DVR’s.

It actually sounds as though some fans aren’t interested in watching other games.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Short of an emergency those 3 hours belong to me. They may be my only 3 hours all week, but they are mine. I will schedule around the games if I have to. Obviously not everyone has that luxury.

I took vacation for any possible day we could play on during the playoffs. All my bases are covered.

Yeah at this point I'm in the same "3 hours" boat. My wife wants me as soon as the game is over.. which is fine after we lose (though I am pretty grumpy) but after a win who doesn't want to soak in all the post game shows.. especially on the radio.. I love the post game on both the Ticket and the Fan.. and will often volunteer to go pick up dinner after the game just so I can have the radio on while I wait for the food to be ready.. That usually buys me a good hour of postgame afterglow after the game!! LOL!

Reactions: CWR

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We do have DVR’s.

It actually sounds as though some fans aren’t interested in watching other games.

Hey if my wife takes off for some retail therapy I will watch every game all day long.. But that gets expensive! LOL!.. I have to go entertain her or it's gonna cost me thousands!! P.S. we have four DVRs.. but get the other NFL games through a streaming service.. so no recording available.. Though I am looking into some sort of HDMI capture device so I can record off a FireStick.. but have not pulled the trigger on one yet.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think it’s more than just about Dak. Can we run the ball against this defense. And can our OL hold up against their DL.

Will our defense be able to slow down their running game ? Can we create havoc at LOS and turnovers. ?

I think it’s about much more than our QB . Maybe the bigger question is can Dak overcome all of our other factors if we struggle . I doubt it. But he’ll probably make a valiant effort.

I agree. I expect Dak to go out and do his job and play good ball but to win will take a lot of guys going out and making plays, doing their jobs just as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Which team has the best QB and receivers and most opportunistic secondary? I like that matchup.
That is a matchup which should be in our favor.

Our defense is statistically below average while also being the most opportunistic in turnovers has provided a needed advantage in some games . We definitely need to win the turnover battle or our defense could be vulnerable.

And our passing game will need some run support and OL protection . Another good matchup which might not be in our favor if these needed support systems struggle.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Tell Mike, Deion Sanders is not playing CB for the 49ers in 2022. 49ers have no one that can cover a p-offed Amari Cooper who saw his targets go to CeeDee Lamb and watch the Cowboys go into a slump. 49ers secondary can not compete with Cowboys WR. All the Cowboys have to do is stop the 49ers run, make the 49ers throw, and the cowboys need to run enough to set up play action. Game over, Cowboys win by 10-20 points.

Don't believe the hype.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah at this point I'm in the same "3 hours" boat. My wife wants me as soon as the game is over.. which is fine after we lose (though I am pretty grumpy) but after a win who doesn't want to soak in all the post game shows.. especially on the radio.. I love the post game on both the Ticket and the Fan.. and will often volunteer to go pick up dinner after the game just so I can have the radio on while I wait for the food to be ready.. That usually buys me a good hour of postgame afterglow after the game!! LOL!

Absolutely, I marinate in victory. Going out to run errands is something I enjoy doing after a win as well, because it's fun representing in full gear and listening to 105.3 The Fan.

My loss routine is usually to argue on here for 45 minutes and then distance myself from the media.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The battle in the trenches is where this game will be determined. Stuffing the 9ers running game and feed a Zeke Elliott that is running wild is what will be the difference.
Easier said than done.

Kellon Moore is not Garrett. He is not going to continually run if there are no running lanes.

I think, and hope, Moore will use Tennessee’s game plan, except don’t waste as many plays running the ball, if it is not there. Max protect, 7 blockers with 3 receivers going out. Tire the Niners D out, rushing the passer, and throw the ball down the field.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tell Mike, Deion Sanders is not playing CB for the 49ers in 2022. 49ers have no one that can cover a p-offed Amari Cooper who saw his targets go to CeeDee Lamb and watch the Cowboys go into a slump. 49ers secondary can not compete with Cowboys WR. All the Cowboys have to do is stop the 49ers run, make the 49ers throw, and the cowboys need to run enough to set up play action. Game over, Cowboys win by 10-20 points.

Don't believe the hype.

49ers are primarily a zone coverage, I doubt they want to match up in one on ones. It will take good discipline on the part of WR and TE to sit down in the soft areas of the zones.