Michael Irvin Thread: Garrett called meetings/Werder (Post #24) *Merge*

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
bbailey423;2484168 said:
laughable how easy he got Bradie James to sing!

If I were Bradie and media asked me questions that were used in a story to create conflict between my QB and WR, I would probably be pissed. Basically something like...You lead the team in tackles and you are having a great year. But what have you done as a captain and leader of this team? Have you had to manage any conflict like between TO and Tony?...

this

is

betrayal

Everyone should next question this fool.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I didn't catch all of it...

One source has told me that Romo is done trying to work with TO and make him happy, and if so that's a bad situation with the Cowboys. What the whole situation says is that there is a void of leadership from the coaching staff to the general manager in the organization. This is a situation that should not have occured and should have been nipped in the bud.

In full disclosure, you don't get along with TO do you?

No. He has not explained why to me, but my best guess is that after Washington loss this year he suggested that he hadn't been thrown teh ball enough .. even though he was targeted 18-20 times. I asked him if he felt he had been thrown the ball enough in his post game press conference, and he said no. I quoted him. I guess he feels like he's been unfairly criticized. I will tell you at one point this season he was talking to me, and I came up to him personally and said I misjudged him because I didn't think he was a great player anymore or a good teammate and he proved me wrong. He hasn't told me why he doesn't speak to me anymore. He "next questions me" when I ask him question, which is sophmoric and immature, but I think I'm being fair to him even now. At least he never threw trashcans at the ESPN crew.

*Michael* Hey now Ed, let's not bring that up (laughing).

A fan texted in and wants to know if you feel like you're dividing the lockerroom and making TO the scapegoat?

Do I think I'm dividing the lockerroom room? No, I'm just reporting what's going on with the team, which is my job. I'm being fair in how I'm reporting this. I'll point to how the team wins when he has a big statistical day and I'll report how some players are taking his side.

These sources that you're talking to ... Is this something people have wanted to talk about and it's just exploded this week?

Well, on teammate said it would be more beneficial if Romo stood up to him early on. Another says Romo is handling it just right by just ignoring him. The problem is he goes on television and blames Garrett's system and Romo in an interview with Deion, and in response the next day Wade is saying "He's right, we do need to get him the ball more" and Jerry is saying the exact thing. That's where the lack of leadership in the organization comes into play, because that would have been the time to step in.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Wood;2484060 said:
wow Garrett called a team meeting? where is wade in all of this...in picnic area?

Why should our defensive coordinator be included in this meeting?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2484189 said:
What the whole situation says is that there is a void of leadership from the coaching staff to the general manager in the organization.

Interesting.

morieeel

Reaction score
Just caught it midway.

Irvin: How many unanimous sources allowed to have.
Ed: To get truth you must have these sources. Brady James confirms story

Irvin: How did you approach Brady.
ED: Builds him up before asking question. Exp. Aprrozches Brady with a declaration of how great a leader and teammate Brady is. Then asked if he's had to mediate between T.O. and Tony anytime this year.
Irvin: Laughing @ Ed's tactic.

Other guy: Is this a Catastrophe?
ED: Not sure of his response, I think something along the lines it could be, but he did see at as a failure of the coaches not to nip it in the bud when T.O.'s flareup happened after the Washington game.

Other guy: Why your relationship with T.O. is poor??
ED: Game after Wash. I asked him if he was used properly and he said no (after 20 getting 20 throws his way) so I reported what he said.
ED: Tried to makeup with him by telling him that I was wrong thinking he was a cancer and past his prime. Not direct quote but somehting to that effect.
MI: yea, I talked to him about that last night and he mentioned it.

MI: Next question> Joking

Other guy: Are you dividing this lockerroom by making T.O. a scapegoat?
ED: My job is to report internally on this team.

Other guy: Was there a feeling that the team wanted this out and a chance to vent??
ED: Probably, they needed leadership to step up after the Wash game instead of placating T.O.

Sorry My recapping sucks, and just a rehash. Nothing is quoted directly.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
sad that ed werder has more sensibility than anyone in charge at valley ranch

InmanRoshi;2484189 said:
I didn't catch all of it...

One source has told me that Romo is done trying to work with TO and make him happy, and if so that's a bad situation with the Cowboys. What the whole situation says is that there is a void of leadership from the coaching staff to the general manager in the organization. This is a situation that should not have occured and should have been nipped in the bud.

In full disclosure, you don't get along with TO do you?

No. He has not explained why to me, but my best guess is that after Washington loss this year he suggested that he hadn't been thrown teh ball enough .. enogu though he was targeted 18-20 times. I asked him if he felt he had been thrown the ball enough in his post game press conference, and he said no. I quoted him. I guess he feels like he's been unfairly criticized. I will tell you at one point this season he was talking to me, and I came up to him personally and said I misjudged him because I didn't think he was a great player anymore or a good teammate and he proved me wrong. He hasn't told me why he doesn't speak to me anymore. He "next questions me" when I ask him question, which is sophmoric and immature, but I think I'm being fair to him even now. At least he never threw trashcans at the ESPN crew.

*Michael* Hey now Ed, let's not bring that up (laughing).

A fan texted in and wants to know if you feel like you're dividing the lockerroom and making TO the scapegoat?

Do I think I'm dividing the lockerroom room? No, I'm just reporting what's going on with the team, which is my job. I'm being fair in how I'm reporting this. I'll point to how the team wins when he has a big statistical day and I'll report how some players are taking his side.

These sources that you're talking to ... Is this something people have wanted to talk about and it's just exploded this week?

Well, on teammate said it would be more beneficial if Romo stood up to him early on. Another says Romo is handling it just right by just ignoring him. The problem is he goes on television and blames Garrett's system and Romo in an interview with Deion, and in response the next day Wade is saying "He's right, we do need to get him the ball more" and Jerry is saying the exact thing. That's where the lack of leadership in the organization comes into play, because that would have been the time to step in.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
chinch;2484224 said:
sad that ed werder has more sensibility than anyone in charge at valley ranch

Ed's whole story is revolving around a lie and the more time that goes on, the clearer it becomes.

What is sad is you choose Ed over the Dallas Cowboys...Pathetic

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
5Countem5;2484231 said:
Ed's whole story is revolving around a lie and the more time that goes on, the clearer it becomes.

What is sad is you choose Ed over the Dallas Cowboys...Pathetic
what is sad is your reading comprehension & lack of reasoning.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This is simply not going to end until we make the playoffs. This is something that will likely linger all the way till then, if not all the way into the offseason.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
chinch;2484265 said:
what is sad is your reading comprehension & lack of reasoning.

What parts? That Garret called the meetings? Not TO, not Roy and not Crayton?

If the most basic aspect of his report is COMPLETELY WRONG, how do you give anything any credibility in the article?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Still don't get why this shows such a huge lack of leadership. The situation was a lot worse in Philly, and all Andy Reid and Banner get are nonstop kudos for how well they run the organization.

The fact is, TO has done this everywhere he's been. Actually, the last two years up to now are the best he's ever behaved. As IR and others have posted, you pretty much have to kiss TO's butt, because he'll go berzerk if you ever do call him out. We saw how well it worked when Parcells just ignored him.

But to Ed's story... It would be hilarious if Romo did stand up to TO like the one player said, and made Jerry decide between the two.

Dodger12

Reaction score
5Countem5;2484352 said:
What parts? That Garret called the meetings? Not TO, not Roy and not Crayton?

If the most basic aspect of his report is COMPLETELY WRONG, how do you give anything any credibility in the article?

I posted this on another thread regarding who called the meeting.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139527

Each player also asked wide receivers coach Ray Sherman for permission to talk to Garrett.

"I think it's a healthy situation when you see that," Sherman said. "Those guys want to make sure they are on the same page, and let's stay together. They asked me to talk to Jason, and they know Jason's door is open, and they know they can visit with him and talk to him."

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2484373 said:
The fact is, TO has done this everywhere he's been. Actually, the last two years up to now are the best he's ever behaved.

Specifically state, please, what he has done?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
You don't get why it's a lack of leadership?

Because someone has 2 broken arm does not diminish the problems someone else might face with only 1 broken arm.

Banner/Reid don't get kudos from fans, only for bean counters and being under the cap.

Chocolate Lab;2484373 said:
Still don't get why this shows such a huge lack of leadership. The situation was a lot worse in Philly, and all Andy Reid and Banner get are nonstop kudos for how well they run the organization.

The fact is, TO has done this everywhere he's been. Actually, the last two years up to now are the best he's ever behaved. As IR and others have posted, you pretty much have to kiss TO's butt, because he'll go berzerk if you ever do call him out. We saw how well it worked when Parcells just ignored him.

But to Ed's story... It would be hilarious if Romo did stand up to TO like the one player said, and made Jerry decide between the two.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
5Countem5;2484530 said:
Specifically state, please, what he has done?

Are you trying to say that TO hasn't had problems elsewhere?