Twitter: Michael Lombardi - Cowboys have their guy?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Lets put getting to 4 NFC championships into perspective. When your division has been the Lions, Bears, and Vikings you are basically the Patriots of the NFC. You only need to win 1 home playoff game in the frozen stadium which you have great home field advantage in. You have the best QB in football also.

As for Reid. Are you saying he isnt innovative? I must be misreading you.

No, I love Reid. Same with Payton. But I'm saying you can't discount McCarthy when he has identical records and playoff success.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
When mccarthy walks in he commands instant respect from players having a SB ring. Not only that he commands respect from other coaches and officials as well. Unlike garret who was pretty much challenged by the official this year in that one game. You think officials would do that to a coach they respected?

Mccarthy seems like he can be a no nonsense guy if need be. I also like that he's dealt with divas in Aaron Rodgers before. He knows how to deal with a circus type atmosphere.
He has the best resume of the retreads, the pickings are slim so our options are limited.

He is the best of what we got to choose from if we want somebody with HC experience.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Says a clueless fan who knows nothing about the happenings inside the front office. Lol.

All I know is that it's been reported that they've interviewed 2 candidates. 2! And neither inspires a lot of hope or confidence in better results ahead. If the hire is neither McCarthy nor Lewis, then I'll admit you were right. You ready to do the same if one of these is the new coach?
you nor I nor the media knows exactly who the Cowboys have had interviews with, only whos been leaked..

does it matter embrace Gartetts gone and M&M should, get a chance

McCarthy has an impressive career record, too. His regular-season head coaching record stands at 125–77–2 (.618). On top of that, the offensive guru has a 10–8 (.556) playoff record along with a Super Bowl XLV victory

also been to the playoffs NINE OF 13 SEASONS only 2nd to BB..

also know this McCarthy is not a jerry home grown parodical son , he will get 3-4 years and if its not done he will be gone..this wont be a Garett situation with a seemingly lifetime contract..

LittleD

Reaction score
But Rodgers is wrong about Mike McCarthy.

How can we tell. McCarthy isn't talking so we only have one side of the story. My take is that Green Bay Management chose Rogers over
McCarthy like many NBA teams do.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
you nor I nor the media knows exactly who the Cowboys have had interviews with, only whos been leaked..

does it matter embrace Gartetts gone and M&M should, get a chance

McCarthy has an impressive career record, too. His regular-season head coaching record stands at 125–77–2 (.618). On top of that, the offensive guru has a 10–8 (.556) playoff record along with a Super Bowl XLV victory

also been to the playoffs NINE OF 13 SEASONS only 2nd to BB..

also know this McCarthy is not a jerry home grown parodical son , he will get 3-4 years and if its not done he will be gone..this wont be a Garett situation with a seemingly lifetime contract..
Idk. Maybe MM is an upgrade over Garrett; garett certainly never beat him when it mattered. And, he's won a SB...but he should have when you have Rodgers as QB. Maybe he should've won more than 1.

All I'm saying is that more candidates should've been interviewed than just these 2....and maybe there were, but these types of things generally quickly make it to the media. I dont believe for 1 second secret interviews with other candidates were conducted.

superonyx

Reaction score
Harbaughs not recent I said recent the last few years with instant success?

BTW this is all the lockeroom needs to at least start off giving M&M their full attention and respect,

"McCarthy has an impressive career record, too. His regular-season head coaching record stands at 125–77–2 (.618). On top of that, the offensive guru has a 10–8 (.556) playoff record along with a Super Bowl XLV victory.."

you do realize that the lockeroom knows the structure and it starts with the Jionses and that wont change so crying about it wont change it...lets just embrace Garetts gone and that was hard for Jerry and lest give M&M a shot before instant negtivity onbhis imposed failure commences..
I believe Troy Aikman and many others nailed our problem.
I can’t even blame JG. He had no authority. Name me a coach in recent years that won jack squat with the level of authority Jerry gives?

and I’ll be hopeful of any coach that is known to demand authority. Nothing I know about. McCarthy tells me he is such a guy. In fact he was run out of GB for his non innovative offense.

superonyx

Reaction score
No, I love Reid. Same with Payton. But I'm saying you can't discount McCarthy when he has identical records and playoff success.
Of course I can. The situation in Dallas isn’t like it was in GB.
We have Jerry playing coach, in the locker room, in the coaches meetings, hiring all the assistants. The HC is void of any power at all. Zero.,no one answers to him.

McCarthy didn’t have that in GB. No coach can win with things this way. McCarthy is just Jerry’s next puppet.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Idk. Maybe MM is an upgrade over Garrett; garett certainly never beat him when it mattered. And, he's won a SB...but he should have when you have Rodgers as QB. Maybe he should've won more than 1.

All I'm saying is that more candidates should've been interviewed than just these 2....and maybe there were, but these types of things generally quickly make it to the media. I dont believe for 1 second secret interviews with other candidates were conducted.
I do ,maybe not official but there is technology that lets you have computer type conference calls with multiple people around the world, as well as FaceTime and ways to conduct pre-interviews..

get over the fact it didnt happen your way like the delay on announcing Garett's release, we have new HC and staff coming and its not garett..

give it a chance..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How can we tell. McCarthy isn't talking so we only have one side of the story. My take is that Green Bay Management chose Rogers over
McCarthy like many NBA teams do.
We'll just have to wait and see. I'll give him a fair shake with no judgement as he starts as HC. The truth about McCarthy will be known fairly soon, IMO.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Urban Meyer. So unlike Jerry to go conservative. Last time he went conservative we passed on Randy Moss.

Wade Phillips.

This hire feels eerily similar. McCarthy has actually won something as a HC, so I guess there's that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Harbaughs not recent I said recent the last few years with instant success?

BTW this is all the lockeroom needs to at least start off giving M&M their full attention and respect,

"McCarthy has an impressive career record, too. His regular-season head coaching record stands at 125–77–2 (.618). On top of that, the offensive guru has a 10–8 (.556) playoff record along with a Super Bowl XLV victory.."

you do realize that the lockeroom knows the structure and it starts with the Jionses and that wont change so crying about it wont change it...lets just embrace Garetts gone and that was hard for Jerry and lest give M&M a shot before instant negtivity onbhis imposed failure commences..

But...I want to feel like an expert and really in-the-know about NFL stuff by objecting to this hire, and ranting that "nothing changes with the Puppet Master in command".

Surely only a complete homer useful idiot will accept MM as HC.

blueblood70

Reaction score
accept? like we have say or
But...I want to feel like an expert and really in-the-know about NFL stuff by objecting to this hire, and ranting that "nothing changes with the Puppet Master in command".

Surely only a complete homer useful idiot will accept MM as HC.
can change this.. go route for another team, thats your only choice, if not and you remain a DC fan, you are in fact accepting it.. complaining changes nothing..here in the internet world, it means squat how you feel..

so if its not good enough BUhBYE,...come back when the new ownership takes over..

and calling a fan a homer is not knock, most fans support their team for the same reasons I listed above..like it or leave it..not liking it changes nothing...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
accept? like we have say or

can change this.. go route for another team, thats your only choice, if not and you remain a DC fan, you are in fact accepting it.. complaining changes nothing..here in the internet world, it means squat how you feel..

so if its not good enough BUhBYE,...come back when the new ownership takes over..

and calling a fan a homer is not knock, most fans support their team for the same reasons I listed above..like it or leave it..not liking it changes nothing...

I guess your sarcasm meter is broke? I thought I gave enough clues////hmmmm {shrug}.