Twitter: Michael Lombardi - Cowboys have their guy?

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Sean Payton: 130-77 record, .628 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 8-6 playoff record, 3 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring

Mike McCarthy: 125-77-2 record, .618 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 10-8 playoff record, 4 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Calm down, it's NOT Marvin Lewis. Here's my thinking and why;

Gary Kubiak as HC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Kubiak

Marvin Lewis as DC

No former HC coach out there can match Kubiak's experience and track record. The problem he recently shot down the idea of any interest as a head coach but all 3 of his boys in coaching. The oldest ( Klint I think ) is a QB coach for the Vikings. The youngest (Klein) is a scout for the Cowboys. I can see Gary doing it for a couple of years or so for his boys but he also allows the Jerry to keep Moore in training so to speak learning from Gary.

Also, talk about a coaching tree? check out assistants whose working under Gary

NFL head coaches under whom Kubiak has served:

Assistant coaches under Kubiak who have become college or NFL head coaches:

Of course he's currently still on the Vikes staff so they'll have wait in their season ends but my money:

Kubiak is our guy with Marvin coming as his DC.

Kubiak just said he has no interest in returning to the sideline as a head coach in November.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
McCarthy? An offensive coordinator who's offense was the least imaginative next to Jason Garrett?
I guy who has been laying around talking about how he suddenly believes in analytics?

No thanks.
It’s Garrett, Lewis, or McCarthy.

Those are your options.....what you gonna do?

I pick McCarthy, at least the dude has a ring, can’t be that bad.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Dude has not even been hired and so many on here are dogging him. Mike has a 60+ winning percentage and a SB ring.

Yeah and the cowboys have 5 SBs from the 70s and 90s.

I dont believe McCarthy can win in todays NFL atm.

Brax

Reaction score
why do people use "homers" so often? i use hate cause look around - JONES SUCKS - JONES THE DRUNK DRINKING AGAIN! all the doom and gloom from some people - what would you call it? emotional instability? misplaced rage? miffed at the events?

i'm far from a "homer" but they - whatever man.
And what is going to change????????

superonyx

Reaction score
Sean Payton: 130-77 record, .628 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 8-6 playoff record, 3 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring

Mike McCarthy: 125-77-2 record, .618 winning percentage, 6 division titles, 10-8 playoff record, 4 NFC title games, 1 Super Bowl ring
Looks similar to Brian Billick and Mike Martz. I dont want them either. Especially a neutered version without any power.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A "Breaking News" podcast is scheduled at 11pm central on DallasCowboys.com.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah and the cowboys have 5 SBs from the 70s and 90s.

I dont believe McCarthy can win in todays NFL atm.
I’m rooting for him to become the first HC to win a SB with another team. That should make us favorites next year. Lol

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
When mccarthy walks in he commands instant respect from players having a SB ring. Not only that he commands respect from other coaches and officials as well. Unlike garret who was pretty much challenged by the official this year in that one game. You think officials would do that to a coach they respected?

Mccarthy seems like he can be a no nonsense guy if need be. I also like that he's dealt with divas in Aaron Rodgers before. He knows how to deal with a circus type atmosphere.