Twitter: Michael Lombardi - Cowboys have their guy?

blueblood70

Reaction score
The old man is dillusional if he really believes he would need to teach guys like Urban Meyer, Rhule, or Riley how to coach football.

apparently guys like Saban, Petrino, Chip Kelley ,and others have came over and failed and they knew football did they not? thers no blueprint to which way is best..

I cant think of any recent hires from college that had instant or long lasting success.. its early but remind me...

playoff teams this year all experienced and came from NFL teams or were nfl HC at one point
BillB
Mcdermot
Caroll
BillObrien
Reid
Shanahan
Vrabel
Pederson
Harbaugh
only 1st year hc in Lafluer for GB but been in the nfl as an asst a very long time

who else?

now getting experienced NFL coridnator might be an option as its right down the middle but he does have point.. if we arent rebuiding , changing core players and have a team that has a playoff roster that sneeds tweaks an NFL experinced HC makes sense.. its who he briongs in as Coridnators..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Announcement about to be made on FS1 in a few minutes. McCarthy is the new HC, I'm guessing.

John813

Reaction score
Eh. Don't hate it don't love it.

Rather would of rolled with Lt. Dan if given the option between both but won't lose sleep over it

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hey guys, what would you all want to trade Minnesota to see if we can bring Mike Zimmer back? Is a first rounder enough, do you think?
LOL.......no thanks, I would rather keep my picks.

Besides, if it’s Lewis getting the HC job those picks might be pretty high!!!

superonyx

Reaction score
It’s Garrett, Lewis, or McCarthy.

Those are your options.....what you gonna do?

I pick McCarthy, at least the dude has a ring, can’t be that bad.
If rumors are true and he needs to keep Kellen Moore and since McCarthy is a OC by trade then what changes?

Just a fatter man clapping than JG.

Jerry will hire the defensive coaches also.

The purpose of a change is to change the dysfunction of this structure and create one where the players actually respect the coaching staff. Nothing about this change (if this is the change) tells me it changes a thing. Jerry picks the players, he hires the coaches, he sits in the coaches meetings.
Who care who the neutered puppet is?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He might be a jerk but, he's a fantastic QB who regularly whips our butts. Dak, on his best day, couldn't carry Rodgers jock.
But Rodgers is wrong about Mike McCarthy.

Last edited:

chicago JK

Reaction score
Well I guess I will see but the search leaves a lot to be desired. McCarthy has skins on the wall and has been a good coach. Not sure he is the guy needed to win in this environment. This was a classic opportunity for Dallas to keep an open mind and see if someone else would be a better fit by talking to a lot of people. Although I guess being comfortable was the most important factor.

We will see. I wonder if Jerry has told him yet who is on his coaching staff yet.

superonyx

Reaction score
apparently guys like Saban, Petrino, Chip Kelley ,and others have came over and failed and they knew football did they not? thers no blueprint to which way is best..

I cant think of any recent hires from college that had instant or long lasting success.. its early but remind me...

playoff teams this year all experienced and came from NFL teams or were nfl HC at one point
BillB
Mcdermot
Caroll
BillObrien
Reid
Shanahan
Vrabel
Pederson
Harbaugh
only 1st year hc in Lafluer for GB but been in the nfl as an asst a very long time

who else?

now getting experienced NFL coridnator might be an option as its right down the middle but he does have point.. if we arent rebuiding , changing core players and have a team that has a playoff roster that sneeds tweaks an NFL experinced HC makes sense.. its who he briongs in as Coridnators..
Jim harbaugh.......

But the difference between all the coaches you list and McCathy in Dallas would be the complete lack of authority the dysfunctional organizational structure creates. Unless you know more than Troy Aikman does. None of the guys listed about are basically coaching Puppets the way Jerry runs things.

This is the main reason for a guy like Urban Meyer. He automatically brings the crediblility and authority in the locker room. It would send a message to these players that a new chief is running the show.
Otherwise you just have another fall guy with no power.....like JG.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Nor do I want to find out. Andy Reid was innovative in Philly. He didnt reinvent himself. Philly was just impatient and didnt appreciate the success he brought them. Reids system has made McNabb, Foles, Alex Smith, Wentz into high level QB's. McCarthy's lack of innovation drove him out of town in GB.

We need a guy with authority to lead these men. Marshmallow man McCarthy will just be Jones puppet. He will accept Kellen Moore calling plays. He will accept Jerry hiring his Defensive Coordinators. He will basically be what JG was...... A neutered HC who is in his position to take all of the blame for the failings so Jerry can sit in his luxury box playing tummy sticks with Cris Christy, force his way into the coaches meetings and escape the blame yet take the credit if we do win.

Our issue is well know. Listen to Aikman and everyone who knows anything. The problem is the organizational structure. Nothing about McCarthy changes this problem.

I think a lot of what you say COULD be right but you are saying Reid was innovative, etc but McCarthy got to 4 NFC Championships, won a SB and was a couple of plays from a second. How is that bad? Won more than Reid. He developed Rodgers. I get your fears completely but he's done as much as Payton, Reid, etc.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The old man is dillusional if he really believes he would need to teach guys like Urban Meyer, Rhule, or Riley how to coach football.
The NFL is a different animal. Despite not having the horses, even Jimmy Johnson said the learning curve was steep.

superonyx

Reaction score
I think a lot of what you say COULD be right but you are saying Reid was innovative, etc but McCarthy got to 4 NFC Championships, won a SB and was a couple of plays from a second. How is that bad? Won more than Reid. He developed Rodgers. I get your fears completely but he's done as much as Payton, Reid, etc.
Lets put getting to 4 NFC championships into perspective. When your division has been the Lions, Bears, and Vikings you are basically the Patriots of the NFC. You only need to win 1 home playoff game in the frozen stadium which you have great home field advantage in. You have the best QB in football also.

As for Reid. Are you saying he isnt innovative? I must be misreading you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jim harbaugh.......

But the difference between all the coaches you list and McCathy in Dallas would be the complete lack of authority the dysfunctional organizational structure creates. Unless you know more than Troy Aikman does. None of the guys listed about are basically coaching Puppets the way Jerry runs things.

This is the main reason for a guy like Urban Meyer. He automatically brings the credibility and authority in the locker room. It would send a message to these players that a new chief is running the show.
Otherwise you just have another fall guy with no power.....like JG.

Harbaughs not recent I said recent the last few years with instant success?

BTW this is all the lockeroom needs to at least start off giving M&M their full attention and respect,

"McCarthy has an impressive career record, too. His regular-season head coaching record stands at 125–77–2 (.618). On top of that, the offensive guru has a 10–8 (.556) playoff record along with a Super Bowl XLV victory.."

you do realize that the lockeroom knows the structure and it starts with the Jionses and that wont change so crying about it wont change it...lets just embrace Garetts gone and that was hard for Jerry and lest give M&M a shot before instant negtivity onbhis imposed failure commences..

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
says a clueless fan who has no idea whats been going on behind the scenes..

the fact that Garett's lame duck year was over a month ago when Jones started criticizing the record and coaching after games

dont think for minute they havent had many facetime conversations with agents and other coaches over the last month but those who think the last 6 days where all you guys talked about was why is gaertt still here, that Jerry wasn't already conducting interviews..

the media thinks they knew what was going on , yet kept being very wrong on announcements etc etc

so saying it was half azz when you dont work as a DC FO insider is just a terrible opinion.. clueless..

they've had their list for a very long time and have had discussions that no one knew about...

BTW some of you are never happy, get rid of Linehan and the Line Coach and all you do is complain about the new guy , now finally garetts gone, 4 yrs too late, hes finally gone and now all the negativity to how they handled it and who they are interviewing him with or night be his replacement..

the constant whining will never stop, its part of some of you alls DNA and its sad really.. how about wit until it fails then comment on it..

I think its ironic a lot of you said we were way behind in the search and some how congratulating for Washington hiring Rivera and Del rio as that somehow would be any different then say MCccarthy if that who it is, I believe MCcarthy has a better record by far and a SB trophy then rivera..? but it could be curve ball and given the fact that Jerry seems to have a crush on bill belecheck then he might had already had Josh McDaniel's in mind and now that they lost yesterday , made the phone call and a FaceTime interview to get the discussion started..it makes sense JM been in NE along time and can be BB clone..

I dont worry as much about the HC vs who they hire as Coordinators, thats the news im waiting on.. the schemes thats they bring will be more important then the HC...

can we get through he hiring process and let the new staff have a few years to get it turned around before the wave of negativity start..take vacation jeez
Says a clueless fan who knows nothing about the happenings inside the front office. Lol.

All I know is that it's been reported that they've interviewed 2 candidates. 2! And neither inspires a lot of hope or confidence in better results ahead. If the hire is neither McCarthy nor Lewis, then I'll admit you were right. You ready to do the same if one of these is the new coach?