Twitter: Michael Lombardi - Cowboys have their guy?

EST_1986

Reaction score
McCarthy? An offensive coordinator who's offense was the least imaginative next to Jason Garrett?
I guy who has been laying around talking about how he suddenly believes in analytics?

No thanks.
Look I’m not thrilled but if he’s not clapping and icing his own kicker I’m smiling. Atleast for 6 weeks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry might make a hire in spite of everyone making him run Jason off. Lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I guess we believe McCarthy will be the 1st NFL HC to win a SB with another team?

lol... He won't.

This is a status quo / lazy hire.

Find the guy who is the most desperate to come coach under the Jones's terms.

If they hire this guy i'm checking out as much as a lifelong Cowboy fan can.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If true, my money is on Marvin Lewis. Defensive HC which will allow Kellen Moore to run the offense.
The dude who coached like 50 years in Cinci and never won a single playoff game?

That is who is replacing Clappy?

The rest of the league is going to laugh their arses off at us, man it’s going to be brutal.

Little Jr

Reaction score
lol... He won't.

This is a status quo / lazy hire.

Find the guy who is the most desperate to come coach under the Jones's terms.

If they hire this guy i'm checking out as much as a lifelong Cowboy fan can.
Does that mean less time here in this forum?

Valkyr

Reaction score
76595bd5d8fdcbc68afa6f8b138ddee4.gif

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is the guy and he already has his own staff ready to plug and play. Bye Kellen Moore, bye Mark Columbo, bye Keith O'Quinn.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
McCarthy as head coach, Lewis as DC, Jerry pulls the strings? say hello to 8 and 8 again.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy is the guy and he already has his own staff ready to plug and play. Bye Kellen Moore, bye Mark Columbo, bye Keith O'Quinn.
Not so quick. Rumors are Jerry wants to retain Moore and Kitna who are still under contract . And possibly bring in Lewis as DC.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hate ?????? why to homers use that term so often?
why do people use "homers" so often? i use hate cause look around - JONES SUCKS - JONES THE DRUNK DRINKING AGAIN! all the doom and gloom from some people - what would you call it? emotional instability? misplaced rage? miffed at the events?

i'm far from a "homer" but they - whatever man.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey guys, what would you all want to trade Minnesota to see if we can bring Mike Zimmer back? Is a first rounder enough, do you think?

superonyx

Reaction score
Look I’m not thrilled but if he’s not clapping and icing his own kicker I’m smiling. Atleast for 6 weeks.
Honestly if its McCarthy then it may as well be JG. The organization structure issue that Jerry started which led to the puppet squad of Campo, Gailey, Wade, JG will just continue and the result will be the same.
These are grown *** men who need a leader who has respect and authority. They will see this marshmallow as another puppet. If its McCarthy then Jerry will do what Jerry does. He will hire all the coordinators. He will have everyone reporting directly to him. The coach will be effectively neutered of any real power aka authority.

This team has plenty of talent. What they lack is direction, fire and leadership.

Nothing about hiring McCarthy tells me we are any closer to winning and righting this than we were with JG.