Micks Mail - 2

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Post # 95.

Notice he acts like he never sees it and still does.

Football_For_Dummies Hey Hos they have one on the Slant too ;)

fg0-7645-5054-3_0605.jpg

Figure 1: In the draw play, the QB drops back to pass and then hands off to the running back (RB), who's pretending to pass-block.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Post # 95.

Notice he acts like he never sees it and still does.

95?

Now I am even more confused. :rolleyes:

All these years I've been considering a delay as a pass to a running back in which the tail fakes the D into thinking he is going to help out in pass protection, but instead he releases into a receiving pattern, and a draw as a run play that draws linemen into thinking pass.

That's what my dad taught me anyway. And he played semi pro tail.

Now I find out we were both wrong..... :bang2:

But of those two plays as I described them, regardless of the nomenclature, (I will accept anyone's differing definitions) which one was Tony best at?

Because I don't wanna go another sleepless night. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
95?

Now I am even more confused. :rolleyes:

All these years I've been considering a delay as a pass to a running back in which the tail fakes the D into thinking he is going to help out in pass protection, but instead he releases into a receiving pattern, and a draw as a run play that draws linemen into thinking pass.

That's what my dad taught me anyway. And he played semi pro tail.

Now I find out we were both wrong..... :bang2:

But of those two plays as I described them, regardless of the nomenclature, (I will accept anyone's differing definitions) which one was Tony best at?

Because I don't wanna go another sleepless night. :D
I don't recommend asking Nors. he's not good at "70's Trivia."

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
which one was Tony best at?
Both. Anyone who didn't have the opportunity to see him run really missed out on something. He was amazing after he got his hands on the ball.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Both. Anyone who didn't have the opportunity to see him run really missed out on something. He was amazing after he got his hands on the ball.
Somehow I knew that was gonna be the answer, Big Dog.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Tio SAID

It was one of those you send it things. HH saw it too (well, he saw one of them, not sure if its the same one...shoulda saved it.) and he was a merriman fan prior. Ware is a risk but just about every player in this draft save 4-5 are, in any other draft guys like ware and merriman would hope to go late 1st.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Football_For_Dummies Hey Hos they have one on the Slant too ;)

fg0-7645-5054-3_0605.jpg

Figure 1: In the draw play, the QB drops back to pass and then hands off to the running back (RB), who's pretending to pass-block.
Yeah, but do they have the passing tree?

I had to break that out before. I actually felt bad for the guy who got whooped with it.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Nors said:
Tio SAID

It was one of those you send it things. HH saw it too (well, he saw one of them, not sure if its the same one...shoulda saved it.) and he was a merriman fan prior. Ware is a risk but just about every player in this draft save 4-5 are, in any other draft guys like ware and merriman would hope to go late 1st.

I stand by everything I said as well. Ware would be a late first rounder in say, 2003's draft.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yeah, but do they have the passing tree?

I had to break that out before. I actually felt bad for the guy who got whooped with it.

Here ya go Hos :)

passingtree2.gif

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hos/LTN

Either of you ever see the great TD play in person? Not talking preseason..... Date - where and impressions?

LTN - how many games did you see in person at Foxborough past 20 years?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
Somehow I knew that was gonna be the answer, Big Dog.

He was a threat to go all the way at anytime. We ran beautiful screens back in that day and Tony really scared the opposing D with his speed. He was a RB with true 'vision' that is why they called him "Hawkeye".

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Would someone please tell Nors that if I had seen Tony D play in person, I wouldn't be asking the board these questions about him.

Yes, some of us can admit when there is something we don't know.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Rack, I found a picture of him.

I google searched "legacy."

furst.jpg

Flounder.

I guess someone else is darned good at looking up stuff too huh?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
Hos/LTN

Either of you ever see the great TD play in person? Not talking preseason..... Date - where and impressions?

LTN - how many games did you see in person at Foxborough past 20 years?

Nors that isn't right to call Barb out.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Nors that isn't right to call Barb out.
Instigator. :rolleyes:

I'll answer his question tho...since I hate his team the f'in Pats with an unbridled passion, not many.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Would someone please tell Nors that if I had seen Tony D play in person, I wouldn't be asking the board these questions about him.

Yes, some of us can admit when there is something we don't know.

Doesn't really matter. Nors has watched his favorite team (the pats) live many times in the last several years. He is constanly prattling on about it.

However, he can't say anything more to the 3-4 other that it "attacks and confuses" and its "not a WUSSY 4-3 cover 2". Press him on it and the best he can do is pull out BP press conference references about it.

Then he has the nerve to mock people that go to games live....yet uses it as a rationale for any argument he wants to make. D'oh!