Micks Mail - 2

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Hos/LTN

Either of you ever see the great TD play in person? Not talking preseason..... Date - where and impressions?

LTN - how many games did you see in person at Foxborough past 20 years?
Yes.

More than once.

He was crazy fast and what I call slippery.

Not sure why this is pertinent.

Probably isn't.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I was lucky enoght to ses Tony D circa 77/8-81 at the Meadowlands..... Saw Roger, Drew, TonY d and our Fab Front 4 on D.....

They ran as good a screen play as I ever saw. Roger and Drew Pearson were clutch/Money.

I was lucky as a kid to witness that at the Meadowlands.....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
junk said:
Doesn't really matter. Nors has watched his favorite team (the pats) live many times in the last several years. He is constanly prattling on about it.

However, he can't say anything more to the 3-4 other that it "attacks and confuses" and its "not a WUSSY 4-3 cover 2". Press him on it and the best he can do is pull out BP press conference references about it.

Then he has the nerve to mock people that go to games live....yet uses it as a rationale for any argument he wants to make. D'oh!
That was a clinic.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
I was lucky enoght to ses Tony D circa 77/8-81 at the Meadowlands..... Saw Roger, Drew, TonY d and our Fab Front 4 on D.....

They ran as good a screen play as I ever saw. Roger and Drew Pearson were clutch/Money.

I was lucky as a kid to witness that at the Meadowlands.....

You were lucky.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Mirages trick the eyes.
Yeah like that "mirage" you Lobos had that Bill likes Drew Henson.

Your eyes were tricking you... Tuna was really giving Drew a sounder thrashing than he did Todd Haley. :D

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Does anyone else think Hostile and Nors are one and the same. That there is some guy out there scheming how to mess with our heads, all while having 30 k posts in a little over 2 years? They seem way too obsessed with eachother to be an authentic rivalry.

The jigg is up Norhos...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tio said:
Does anyone else think Hostile and Nors are one and the same. That there is some guy out there scheming how to mess with our heads, all while having 30 k posts in a little over 2 years? They seem way too obsessed with eachother to be an authentic rivalry.

The jigg is up Norhos...
Bite your tongue. I play stupid for no one.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Bite your tongue. I play stupid for no one.
Thats exactly what someone who didn't want to get caught would say!!!

:eek:hboy:...hmmm...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tio said:

You know we mods have known about this charade for a long time now. :)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Tio said:

Tio, I think you're on to something here.

It isn't playing stupid..it's expressing the childlike and irrational side of your personality. The me-focused, chest thumping, endlessly redundant center-of-the-universe stage that Piaget maintained all toddlers pass through.

I miss that freedom too, TH.

Can I borrow your alter ego sometime?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
LTN:

Me thinks you analyze yourself into a perpetual and never ending cat chasing nuclear generated pulsesational transformance enduced macro apocalyptic little chicken enhanced sneek peek like waldenesque look into the abyss of windows eyes and sole mass like tizzy fizzle end start stop go no yes arghhhhh

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
46 defense making comeback in Southwestern Pop Warner
Santa Fe Gazette

The 46 defense (also known as the "46") is an American football defensive formation popularized by Chicago Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan who later became head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. The formation is comprised of four down-lineman, three linebackers, and four defensive backs.

The name "46" originally came from the jersey number of Doug Plank, who was a starting safety for the Bears when Ryan originally developed the defense, and typically played in that formation as a surrogate linebacker. It also refers to the idea that the cornerbacks often play bump and run coverage and blitz, acting almost like two extra linebackers.

The key feature of the "46" is that both outside linebackers play on the same side of the formation. The linebackers line up behind the linemen two or three yards from the line of scrimmage. The primary tactic is to blitz five to eight players on each play, either to get to the quarterback quickly or disrupt running plays. The scheme has many of the attributes of an aggressive 3-4 defense run by (See Coach Parcells, Bellicheck) American Coaches.

The formation was very effective in the 1980s NFL because it often eliminated a team's running game and forced them to throw the ball. This was difficult for many teams at the time because most offensive passing games centered around the play action pass.

Currently, the "46" is rarely used in modern professional and college football due to the emergence of the West Coast Offense, popularized by San Francisco 49ers head coach Bill Walsh, and other offensive schemes that rely on short, timed passes from formations that use multiple receivers. A major weakness of the "46" is that too many defensive players line up near the line of scrimmage to blitz, leaving areas wide open for receivers to catch passes. Also, the short, timed passes are thrown before the players blitzing have a chance to reach the quarterback. Another problem is that most teams do not have enough impact players to run the "46" as effectively as the 1980s Bears did.

A variation of the "46" defense is more often used in the modern game by bringing a fourth defensive back (usually the strong safety) up closer to the line of scrimmage.

[edit]
See also 3-4 Defense

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors said:
LTN:

Me thinks you analyze yourself into a perpetual and never ending cat chasing nuclear generated pulsesational transformance enduced macro apocalyptic little chicken enhanced sneek peek like waldenesque look into the abyss of windows eyes and sole mass like tizzy fizzle end start stop go no yes arghhhhh

That had a slight edge to it Nors...