Might Dak/WRs/Moore make Zeke expendable?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Joseph Randal(it's embarrassing you don't remember his name and shows how much of a moron you are) averaged 6.7 yards per carry in 2014

1.6 higher than Zeke's best season

Want to know why?
The Oline, scheme, and passing attack

Lol ***** boy. Gtfoh and don't come at daddy again

Unless of course you think Joseph is better than Zeke
OR I chose to not remember such a bad players name and you are the moron who wants to remember it..he wasn't worth my time..OH and Moron YPC on how many carrys over what given time? NO RB that starts and gets a ton of carrys gets those numbers, nice try..

you didnt own me or this debate but if winning a Internet battle gives you some kind of perceived win, go for it..

I have better things in life then TRY hard to win an internet debate with name calling keyboard know it all heroes.. I bet you are flexing in the mirror, well your keyboard fingers must be yoked..:rolleyes:

using QC in your name and knowing DB name and numbers gives you less credibility than more..:muttley::facepalm::lmao2:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
why does anyone think franchising Zeke is ok, but doing it to Dak is wrong> We need to keep Zeke at all costs until he is no longer the player he is today. I personally would franchise Dak this year, and I would franchise Zeke for 2 years after that and NOT have to give up a long term deal. Hey, if you give me a set of rules to play by, and I am management, IM going to play by those rules to do what is best for the team.

The problem is Zeke has two years left on his rookie deal, and he's way under paid.

If they don't fix his money, he could stay out. He has too. If her gets hurt, he is losing $$$.

Same deal with Coop and Jones. They are risking serious money if they are hurt playing on a bad deal.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It depends on if Pollard can exceed expectations........Zeke is a top 2 RB, he just seems to lack self control and suspensions are almost automatic.......he could possibly bring a pretty good return in a trade from a team like KC.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The problem is Zeke has two years left on his rookie deal, and he's way under paid.

If they don't fix his money, he could stay out. He has too. If her gets hurt, he is losing $$$.

Same deal with Coop and Jones. They are risking serious money if they are hurt playing on a bad deal.
neither coop or jones are playing on "Bad deals." They are playing on rookie deals. Thats the deal the players negotiated. The rookies got screwed and thats just the way it is. If im an owner and a player under a rookie deal was to hold out, Id let them sit and rot. No way I would ever redo their deal.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
% breakdown of rushing output:

40%- Oline
30%- Scheme
20%- Passing attack
10%- Quality of RB
99% of statistics are completely made up.

Having said that I agree that quality of RB is the least important aspect of a team's rushing attack.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Bear with me for a second... By no means do I think that Dak is a top 10 NFL quarterback. But I do believe that Linehan held him back and we have not seen his best yet. With a top tier OL, an ascending WR corps (with a true #1, a solid deep threat #2, and a playmaking slot, not to mention a dangerous 3rd down RB), and a new offensive coordinator who will modernize and open up the offense, what happens if Dak lights it up this year? And the downfield passing game becomes as big of a threat as the running game?

Do you then re-up Zeke $15 million+/year? Or do you franchise him a year or two and spend the long-term money on Cooper, Jaylon, B Jones, Cobb?

Don't get me wrong, Zeke is the 1st or 2nd best RB in the game. And I love how he plays in all facets of the game. But this is a new NFL that stresses passing to win. And Zeke is one more significant offseason mistake from a year long or indefinite ban. And like we've seen with Gurley, RB's have a limited shelf life.

Thoughts?

I think this is the beginning of Dak taking over the offensive load. Hes in his 4th year, we finally have a nice stable of pass catchers and hopefully Moore will open up the offense.

But if this continues to be a conservative, run first, predictable, 2 and 3 TE offense with Garrett's influence then that is just the way its going to be.

Dak clearly thrives in the hurry up, spread offense. Many times with a no back set.

If they continue to employ a offense that doesn't suit the skills of Dak then it will be more of the same.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Zeke doesn't have a short shelf life. I say that comfortably because he is built in the same mold as Adrian Peterson. IMO. Zeke is Adrian Peterson without the injuries. A true generational player.

Keep Zeke. GO COWBOYS.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Bear with me for a second... By no means do I think that Dak is a top 10 NFL quarterback. But I do believe that Linehan held him back and we have not seen his best yet. With a top tier OL, an ascending WR corps (with a true #1, a solid deep threat #2, and a playmaking slot, not to mention a dangerous 3rd down RB), and a new offensive coordinator who will modernize and open up the offense, what happens if Dak lights it up this year? And the downfield passing game becomes as big of a threat as the running game?

Do you then re-up Zeke $15 million+/year? Or do you franchise him a year or two and spend the long-term money on Cooper, Jaylon, B Jones, Cobb?

Don't get me wrong, Zeke is the 1st or 2nd best RB in the game. And I love how he plays in all facets of the game. But this is a new NFL that stresses passing to win. And Zeke is one more significant offseason mistake from a year long or indefinite ban. And like we've seen with Gurley, RB's have a limited shelf life.

Thoughts?

We're not a team that stresses passing to win. We're made to be run first. I see us bringing in lots of players to complement Zeke in the run game.

My own preference is to churn running QBs. Keep Zeke short term. Churn him in a few years.

Techsass

Reaction score
No salary cap for most of their time
Somebody (I think I know who, but I'm nothing if not lazy) just posted a link recently that showed we were #17 on how much we spent on our players at the time.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Name one that makes zeke expendable. Our best years recently have been when we've had an elite rb.

That's not what was asked, again you can't name a couple of conditions that have changed since Emmitt?

Man, you're calling Murray and Barber elite? Geeze. Elite used to mean something. Although both Murray and Barber were more efficient than Zeke last year, I will give you that.

jay94

Reaction score
Give me average or above qb and scrub rb all day paying both your defense will suffer and haven't we seen enough of that? Apparently not. Mcfadden did great with a 31st passing attack and 31st most penalized offensive line we can't pay just the offensive side of the ball. Rbs EVERY single year perform from all rounds, it is the easiest position 1 to find and 2 to transition from college to pro.

cern

Reaction score
That's not what was asked, again you can't name a couple of conditions that have changed since Emmitt?

Man, you're calling Murray and Barber elite? Geeze. Elite used to mean something. Although both Murray and Barber were more efficient than Zeke last year, I will give you that.
I don't equate barber to Murray. Murray was much better imo.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Thoughts?

I'm on board....No way I give this knucklehead a long term deal...Besides there are some RBs in next years draft I'd take over hm in a heartbeat.