Might sound crazy but release Dak and Sign Brady

pavalley

Reaction score
This is not crazy. In fact it is a very good plan.

But it has no chance as long as we have JJ and his sun sitting in the FO and making decissions.
I've always liked Dak but this contract standoff seems like he is eating his own cheese. He is on every piece of everything because he is QB of americas team, not because he is elite. If he won't take a deal that offers $100M guaranteed then he's not the guy i thought he was or the guy he presented himself to be, he can easily make another $50m just on endorsements. He isn't that good to be the poster boy for the NFL, doesn't he realize that ? Imagine the splash of signing brady and grooming a high draft pick qb, why not ??

pavalley

Reaction score
No one wants Brady. New England won’t resign him even at the reduced rate he’s willing to take. I swear some of you are really Eagles fans in disguise. Y’all just love to throw some ridiculous mess out to get a stir.
Not even close, see my reply below, lived in eagle land in the 90's they suck. ive seen more cowboys games then you can dream of. Dak cant hold roger or aikmans jock

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Not even close, see my reply below, lived in eagle land in the 90's they suck. ive seen more cowboys games then you can dream of. Dak cant hold roger or aikmans jock

Never said Dak was better than Aikman or Staubach. No one in this thread has even insinuated that and anyone who does is just an ignorant fool. However, this thread about signing Brady and letting go of Dak is right up there with being an ignorant fool. So foolish, it seems non-Cowboys fans would recommend it. Doesn’t take common sense to see that Belichek (and Kraft) is letting his boy Brady go for a reason. The writing is on the wall. He’s 43 years old. Read that again, his age. When age cause skills to go, it goes as fast as a Dodge Demon through the quarter mile.

pavalley

Reaction score
Never said Dak was better than Aikman or Staubach. No one in this thread has even insinuated that and anyone who does is just an ignorant fool. However, this thread about signing Brady and letting go of Dak is right up there with being an ignorant fool. So foolish, it seems non-Cowboys fans would recommend it. Doesn’t take common sense to see that Belichek (and Kraft) is letting his boy Brady go for a reason. The writing is on the wall. He’s 43 years old. Read that again, his age. When age cause skills to go, it goes as fast as a Dodge Demon through the quarter mile.
So you would pay Dak $35M+ per ? He is what he is, and has negotiated himself out of a lot of fans hearts.... talk about ignorant fool...you must be related

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I’m not sold on him holding up honestly, especially if the Patriots are cutting him loose. However he would be under far less pressure here, be working with the best wr he’s had since moss, the best back he’s ever had, and pollard definitely has James white traits.

I think the system in NE fits him like a tee, he knows that offense like the back of his hand. He also has a HC who runs a well disciplined team who rarely beats themselves. Most of Brady passes are the dink and dunk variety but within the Pats system it all works. Outside of that system at this stage of his career I’m not sold that he can go else where under a new system and have the same results. Maybe I am wrong, we will find out. But no way would I give up on a young QB who has shown the improvement I wanted to see for a 42 YO QB.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
So you would pay Dak $35M+ per ? He is what he is, and has negotiated himself out of a lot of fans hearts.... talk about ignorant fool...you must be related

Oh yeah, I must be related because I won’t sign Brady? And yes, you have to pay Dak now. You want to try and pay him when Mahomes breaks the bank next year? Let’s throw something else foolish out there, “trade Dak for 2 first rounders!!”. Yeah, now how about we get back to the real world..,,

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I think the system in NE fits him like a tee, he knows that offense like the back of his hand. He also has a HC who runs a well disciplined team who rarely beats themselves. Most of Brady passes are the dink and dunk variety but within the Pats system it all works. Outside of that system at this stage of his career I’m not sold that he can do else where under a new system and have the same results. Maybe I am wrong, we will find out. But no way would I give up on a young QB who has shown the improvement I wanted to see for a 42 YO QB.

Bingo.

pavalley

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I must be related because I won’t sign Brady? And yes, you have to pay Dak now. You want to try and pay him when Mahomes breaks the bank next year? Let’s throw something else foolish out there, “trade Dak for 2 first rounders!!”. Yeah, now how about we get back to the real world..,,
more like pay him never ignorant fool...you are related cuz u r both ignorant fools...take a deep breath sparky and read more than just the words...trade hell release him

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You do know my post was talking about Dak improving right because your whole post is about Brady.

I think Brady could work for a few years but I’m more in the draft a first rd qb camp even though that’s not going to happen because the Joneses are in love with the Toyota Camry at quarterback.

I get your point.

Loso86

Reaction score
1)rescind tag on Dak or trade him(right for a bag of doughnuts)
2)Sign Brady for two years
3)Trade next 3 years #1's to move into the top 5

Go ahead and pile on...call me an idiot lol
You dont just release Dak...that is all lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

People crave attention. Maybe this will be your 15 minutes...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree I am just worried in big games he has to be better to get us further.
Dak has been really good in big games, problem is in a year where the team quit on Garrett and Dak had an injury they want too point to the last eagles game as Dak not playing well in big games and that's so far from the truth.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People like think say I'm hating but being realistic how many players period improve their skill level noticeably after 4/5 years of starting in any sports league? That list isn't long where a player was already starting not a player who wasn't playing and finally got time remakes themselves to be some great player. That list is short so I'm betting on some beloved Dak to not be one of the few outliers. As a fan I'm hoping I'm wrong but realistically I doubt it tbh because it rarely happens.

For you Dak fans I feel that way about Romo too before any of you ask your disingenuous questions. That's some of y'all's standard retort so save your keystrokes if that's where you're going with the questions.

Did you say that during his tenure? Or are you using that statement to cover your bias?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think Brady is different. He wasn't known for his mobility. He basically sat in the pocket throughout much of his career. So with one of the best offensive lines in the league, a top 3 running back and a precise route-running wide receiver, I think at 43 or 44, if he was kept clean in the pocket, he could pull it off. For the most part, he's been healthy. He was injured late in his career like Peyton Manning, who had the neck injury, or Tony Romo, for that matter.

I'd just like to see it, but, like I said, it's not going to happen - at least not in Dallas.
I'd like to see it, but, like u said, it's not going to happen.
Jones boys have tunnel vision, and all they see is dak, they therefore dont consider
any other options.
They are all in on dak, and wont even get a bkup that would maybe threaten dak a little.
If they had brought in brady for a interview, I wonder how dak would have reacted to that?
We will never know now.
Seems like brady is going to tampa, which is a team I just dont like, which is a bummer,
I would like to root for tom, but hard to root for tampa bay.

I think Tom is not done, just was needing to move on for something different, and a team
with some Off weapons.
People talk about tom like without BB he is nothing, but BB was mostly def coach,and it was always Tom and different OC's.Brady was a big part of the NE offense.
Tom is like a coach on the field , he will do well if they give him say in offense and some freedom, heck I would let him call his own plays.
I guess we find out this season if he is done or not.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No way I like kicking Field goals and Beating only lousy teams!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Brady signed w/Tampa. This topic has been discussed over and over already.
Move on....