Might sound crazy but release Dak and Sign Brady

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Just imagine San Francisco running the ball running the clock out. Imagine hitting the receiver in the Endzone the game would’ve been over and Mahomes would’ve been the laughingstock of the league. No he throws up a Hail Mary that is wide receiver circles back for. The kid Shot through the entire playoffs just a great coach and team around him. I love that Terry Bradshaw said the same thing basically
I hear you but I'm not going to do the one thing equals the overall average because if that's the case you should be expletive on Dak for that second Eagles game using your logic. That's the thing people aren't consistent and it makes them look funny in the light.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I would love to see what Tom Brady could do with Zeke, Amari, Gallup, Pollard, Jarwin and this offensive line. It almost makes TOO much sense.
But I also understand it's not realistic because Dak has ingratiated himself into the Jones family and into the leadership of this team.
What's sad is that if Dak doesn't improve, we likely will have blown a sure-fire chance at a Super Bowl.

Wapp5200

Reaction score
1)rescind tag on Dak or trade him(right for a bag of doughnuts)
2)Sign Brady for two years
3)Trade next 3 years #1's to move into the top 5

Go ahead and pile on...call me an idiot lol
Id take Brady now, where do I sign?

dallasdave

Reaction score

Hey if you can get a first rounder for Dak the deal signs good.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I would love to see what Tom Brady could do with Zeke, Amari, Gallup, Pollard, Jarwin and this offensive line. It almost makes TOO much sense.
But I also understand it's not realistic because Dak has ingratiated himself into the Jones family and into the leadership of this team.
What's sad is that if Dak doesn't improve, we likely will have blown a sure-fire chance at a Super Bowl.
People like think say I'm hating but being realistic how many players period improve their skill level noticeably after 4/5 years of starting in any sports league? That list isn't long where a player was already starting not a player who wasn't playing and finally got time remakes themselves to be some great player. That list is short so I'm betting on some beloved Dak to not be one of the few outliers. As a fan I'm hoping I'm wrong but realistically I doubt it tbh because it rarely happens.

For you Dak fans I feel that way about Romo too before any of you ask your disingenuous questions. That's some of y'all's standard retort so save your keystrokes if that's where you're going with the questions.

SSoup

Reaction score
I'll take Dak plus three 1st rounders instead of an old man and a rookie without 1st rounders being spent on their supporting cast or the defense.

Though I have to say: I love that the "we don't hate Dak for irrational cosmetic reasons, we just don't want to pay huge money to a QB when it's more advantageous to install a cheap young guy and make the most out of his cheap years" crowd is now coming up with plans that involve paying huge money to a QB and also wasting several of the "cheap years" of Burrow's rookie contract. Finally abandoning all pretense and admitting it's solely about you hating the idea of someone like Dak getting paid. Cool, cool, cool.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
People like think say I'm hating but being realistic how many players period improve their skill level noticeably after 4/5 years of starting in any sports league? That list isn't long where a player was already starting not a player who wasn't playing and finally got time remakes themselves to be some great player. That list is short so I'm betting on some beloved Dak to not be one of the few outliers. As a fan I'm hoping I'm wrong but realistically I doubt it tbh because it rarely happens.

For you Dak fans I feel that way about Romo too before any of you ask your disingenuous questions. That's some of y'all's standard retort so save your keystrokes if that's where you're going with the questions.

I think Brady is different. He wasn't known for his mobility. He basically sat in the pocket throughout much of his career. So with one of the best offensive lines in the league, a top 3 running back and a precise route-running wide receiver, I think at 43 or 44, if he was kept clean in the pocket, he could pull it off. For the most part, he's been healthy. He was injured late in his career like Peyton Manning, who had the neck injury, or Tony Romo, for that matter.

I'd just like to see it, but, like I said, it's not going to happen - at least not in Dallas.

the_h0wey

Reaction score

I don't think it sounds crazy, just stupid.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I think Brady is different. He wasn't known for his mobility. He basically sat in the pocket throughout much of his career. So with one of the best offensive lines in the league, a top 3 running back and a precise route-running wide receiver, I think at 43 or 44, if he was kept clean in the pocket, he could pull it off. For the most part, he's been healthy. He was injured late in his career like Peyton Manning, who had the neck injury, or Tony Romo, for that matter.

I'd just like to see it, but, like I said, it's not going to happen - at least not in Dallas.
You do know my post was talking about Dak improving right because your whole post is about Brady.

I think Brady could work for a few years but I’m more in the draft a first rd qb camp even though that’s not going to happen because the Joneses are in love with the Toyota Camry at quarterback.

SSoup

Reaction score
People like think say I'm hating but being realistic how many players period improve their skill level noticeably after 4/5 years of starting in any sports league?
So many QBs who didn't break through and win it all in their first 4 or 5 years went on to put it together and get it done after their 4th or 5th year in the league. For every Troy Aikman or Tom Brady who wins it out of the gates earlier in their career, there are tons who didn't win their first until after their 4th or 5th year in the league. Young, Favre, Elway, Peyton, Brees, Dilfer, Johnson, Foles, Rodgers.

And before you try and turn around and say you weren't talking about winning Super Bowls, that you were just talking about players improving in general, you might want to actually go dig into the stats of some really good quarterbacks.

In Peyton Manning's first four years, 1998 through 2001, he posted passer ratings of 71, 90, 94, and 84. His average passer rating in his first four years was about 85, with a ceiling in the mid 90's and a floor in the 70's. From 2003 through 2014, he averaged a passer rating of 103 with a ceiling of 121 and a floor of 91. He improved noticeably after his first four years, don't you think?

In Tom Brady's first four years, 2000 through 2003, his passer rating never climbed out of the mid-80's. You probably don't even need me to recite the stats to tell you how much he improved from there, right?

Same with Drew Brees.

Same with tons of guys.

Your premise that a QB can't improve on his first 4 or 5 years is so wrong it's bananas. It's one of the positions where guys not remaining in the physical prime of their early- and mid-20's is besides the point because so much of a quarterback's growth and development and success is about what's going on between their ears.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Dak is not 1/2 the Qb Brady is. He can't make all the throws that Brady can. Dak would have been a disaster for NE and they wouldn't have even made the playoffs.
Brady can't even make the throws that Dak makes last season. You guys need to stop thinking about Brady from the past because he isn't that guy anymore.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
So many QBs who didn't break through and win it all in their first 4 or 5 years went on to put it together and get it done after their 4th or 5th year in the league. For every Troy Aikman or Tom Brady who wins it out of the gates earlier in their career, there are tons who didn't win their first until after their 4th or 5th year in the league. Young, Favre, Elway, Peyton, Brees, Dilfer, Johnson, Foles, Rodgers.

And before you try and turn around and say you weren't talking about winning Super Bowls, that you were just talking about players improving in general, you might want to actually go dig into the stats of some really good quarterbacks.

In Peyton Manning's first four years, 1998 through 2001, he posted passer ratings of 71, 90, 94, and 84. His average passer rating in his first four years was about 85, with a ceiling in the mid 90's and a floor in the 70's. From 2003 through 2014, he averaged a passer rating of 103 with a ceiling of 121 and a floor of 91. He improved noticeably after his first four years, don't you think?

In Tom Brady's first four years, 2000 through 2003, his passer rating never climbed out of the mid-80's. You probably don't even need me to recite the stats to tell you how much he improved from there, right?

Same with Drew Brees.

Same with tons of guys.

Your premise that a QB can't improve on his first 4 or 5 years is so wrong it's bananas. It's one of the positions where guys not remaining in the physical prime of their early- and mid-20's is besides the point because so much of a quarterback's growth and development and success is about what's going on between their ears.
I swear you guys get on your emotional bs and just post bs afterwards smh.

A lot of offense on this but how emotional are you right now? How the heck could I try to turn around and say improving in general when it’s literally what the whole dang post is speaking about? I didn’t even mention no damn super bowl in my post. Get out of your feelings Dak groupie.

Spare me the googled numbers that don’t tell the whole story at all. I see you’re another one of these Dfs players that let out of context numbers tell you who’s good or not. My premise is actually so right that only the Honda accords would argue otherwise. I also said anybody even in different leagues not just qb smh. Reading comprehension is deteriorating at a rapid rate. Hopefully people being forced to stay home will help improve that.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

This is not crazy. In fact it is a very good plan.

But it has no chance as long as we have JJ and his sun sitting in the FO and making decissions.

SSoup

Reaction score
I swear you guys get on your emotional bs and just post bs afterwards smh.

A lot of offense on this but how emotional are you right now? How the heck could I try to turn around and say improving in general when it’s literally what the whole dang post is speaking about? I didn’t even mention no damn super bowl in my post. Get out of your feelings Dak groupie.

Spare me the googled numbers that don’t tell the whole story at all. I see you’re another one of these Dfs players that let out of context numbers tell you who’s good or not. My premise is actually so right that only the Honda accords would argue otherwise. I also said anybody even in different leagues not just qb smh. Reading comprehension is deteriorating at a rapid rate. Hopefully people being forced to stay home will help improve that.
I'm not emotional at all. I dispassionately addressed your "quarterbacks are what they are and don't ever improve after their 4th or 5th year, y'all" argument and did it by approaching from two different directions because I knew you would try to move the goalposts and claim you meant something else if I only addressed it by approaching it from one direction.

And even now, you're attempting to move the goalposts by saying even facts don't matter because you've made up your mind and won't entertain facts that disagree with your gut. Which is *you* being emotional instead of rational.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I'm not emotional at all. I dispassionately addressed your "quarterbacks are what they are and don't ever improve after their 4th or 5th year, y'all" argument and did it by approaching from two different directions because I knew you would try to move the goalposts and claim you meant something else if I only addressed it by approaching it from one direction.

And even now, you're attempting to move the goalposts by saying even facts don't matter because you've made up your mind and won't entertain facts that disagree with your gut. Which is *you* being emotional instead of rational.
You're very emotional because if you wasn't you wouldn't miss anything I said to say stuff I never mentioned. How can I move the goalpost when my actual expletive words are there for anybody to see? This is that low level stuff I'm talking about.

Facts always matter but when I was speaking about improvement it wasn't about stats. It was about actual skills. Dak is the same QB missing people in stride from his college days that got him drafted in the fourth rd. If I never listened to facts if wouldn't be better than most in my dealings IRL. I understand its convenient to say I don't care about facts so you can be right but Daks or most players skillset doesn't change after 4/5 years starting. If you care enough to check the stats and see for yourself on any position you'll see that for the vast majority. You'll know what a player is by then. Maybe you don't want to do that so you can feel right. If you want to call me emotional because I did it to yo first ok but I'm not going by just "gut" at all history agrees with em too overall.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
No one wants Brady. New England won’t resign him even at the reduced rate he’s willing to take. I swear some of you are really Eagles fans in disguise. Y’all just love to throw some ridiculous mess out to get a stir.

Proof

Reaction score
I think Brady has had a great career but frankly some of the passes he threw up for grabs when under pressure was un-Brady like. I think the guy is done and will not have success outside of the system they had in place in NE. No way would I give up on Dak for a 42 year old QB.

I’m not sold on him holding up honestly, especially if the Patriots are cutting him loose. However he would be under far less pressure here, be working with the best wr he’s had since moss, the best back he’s ever had, and pollard definitely has James white traits.