Mike’s last season scenarios

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I may be dreaming..

but wasn't Big Mike hired on the belief he was a better than average "QB Whisperer" having developed Farve and Rodgers?

He was intentionally hired to answer whether or not Dak is the QB to go forward with and be deserving of a record deal?

Of course winning a SB trophy is another goal but Dak has to be decided on before any SB happens.

So if that's true..

settling that issue is McCarthy's chief obligation to the Franchise and down the line..

for the fans.

No?
Another disappointing season could place Daks career in Dallas in question. And I’m not sure Mike has much life if we lost Dak. My hunch is barring something bizarre as I outlined , I’d expect at least another year for both of them .

Mike was hired to win now with this core of stars not rebuilding the future. If he can’t get it done or show more progress his time will be limited.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Just wondering what would have to happen for Jerrah to realize what Packer fans already knew about MM, and let him go after one season. MM totally conned Jerry...Urban Meyer should be leading us right now. What would have to happen for MM to get one year? Because I’m in favorite of it.
:facepalm::banghead:

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Are you 8 years old, OP? Imagine being an adult and reacting this way to one game lol.

JayFord

Reaction score
The man is fresh off the plane

lets give him atleast one season

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Another disappointing season could place Daks career in Dallas in question. And I’m not sure Mike has much life if we lost Dak. My hunch is barring something bizarre as I outlined , I’d expect at least another year for both of them .

Mike was hired to win now with this core of stars not rebuilding the future. If he can’t get it done or show more progress his time will be limited.
Ok..

I re-read your post. Wanted to be sure what you are saying.

Probably so..your reason for McCarthy's hire.

I guess all of us see this year with different objectives. I agree about the winning with this core of players.

I guess thinking Big Mike is also being the final arbiter of DAKs ability to justify any deal is sort of reading b/w the lines. Nobody has come out and said that specifically.

It's just inferred maybe?

None the less it must be somewhere on McCarthy and Jerrah's master checklist.

:grin:

Whom else on the staff is. qualified to handle that evaluation?

I would not know.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ok..

I guess all of us see this year with different objectives. I agree about the winning with this core of players.

I guess thinking Big Mike is also being the final arbiter of DAKs ability to justify any deal is sort of reading b/w the lines. Nobody has come out and said that specifically.

I would not know.
Could be but my hunch is Jethro is already sold on Dak. Mike isn’t here to analyze him just optimize his talent. And a big part why he wanted to retain Moore. Because he brought out his best statistical season with a #1 offense.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Could be but my hunch is Jethro is already sold on Dak. Mike isn’t here to analyze him just optimize his talent. And a big part why he wanted to retain Moore. Because he brought out his best statistical season with a #1 offense.
Surely you are right about Jerrah calling shots on keeping Moore for Dak.

Which is exactly where we always end up making the wrong choices. Jerrah is keeping Moore over just having McCarthy just call the plays as he was supposed to do.

Jerrah is a lousy decision maker when it comes to football operations people. When he had the chance to keep Payton he should have.

When he fired Jimster he shouldn't have.

Parcells was his best hire but it didn't last long enough.

This McCarthy hire looks like it may not last either. If Dak leaves..then what happens to all these high-priced players we are collecting?

75boyz

Reaction score
Ok..

I would not know.

I share in your opinion that QB evaluator is part of coach Mikes responsibilities.

I also feel this is the year of evaluation not next. I differ from Diehard here in that I do not think they are joined at the hip for 2 years.

I think Mike brought Dalton in just in case as a security blanket. I do not care about public coach speak and what's said on camera regarding Dak's long term future. As you said, this coach is good at the smolescreen game.

Guess it will all have to play itself out but the sure fire determining factor for me would be if the offense both sucked and the won/loss record went south, and Dalton got a start in place of a healthy Dak.

That would kinda seal the deal in my eyes on whether I think Dak would be here another year.

Gonna be fun to watch it all unfold, lol

Cheers

Go Cowboys

Verdict

Reaction score
I wasn’t happy about the week one loss, but some of you guys should just go ahead and drink the hemlock and get it over with. Lol. Seriously, it’s been one week. Stop being complete drama queens. Lol.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I share in your opinion that QB evaluator is part of coach Mikes responsibilities.

I also feel this is the year of evaluation not next. I differ from Diehard here in that I do not think they are joined at the hip for 2 years.

I think Mike brought Dalton in just in case as a security blanket. I do not care about public coach speak and what's said on camera regarding Dak's long term future. As you said, this coach is good at the smolescreen game.

Guess it will all have to play itself out but the sure fire determining factor for me would be if the offense both sucked and the won/loss record went south, and Dalton got a start in place of a healthy Dak.

That would kinda seal the deal in my eyes on whether I think Dak would be here another year.

Gonna be fun to watch it all unfold, lol

Cheers

Go Cowboys
Fun?

:laugh:

Dr. Mengele must be your dentist.

Not my idea of a slap happy good time.

But I see all the irony involved here.

I'm with you.

I hate it sometimes if I am right when I really wish I was wrong.

:omg:

75boyz

Reaction score
Fun?

:laugh:

Dr. Mengele must be your dentist.

Not my idea of a slap happy good time.

But I see all the irony involved here.

I'm with you.

I hate it sometimes if I am right when I really wish I was wrong.

:omg:

True man.

In my almost apathetic state of fanhood nowadays Red, barring a complete family sale of the team by the Joneses, I'm just extremely pessimistic of any real distinguishable change happening based off all these same cast of characters and knowing their history like I do.

So my very high Tom Landry expectation bar has kinda finally bottomed out to expecting the speciaI kinda bizarre that only the Jones Cartel can annually deliver and if that includes a playoff berth then that's just icing on the cake.

Not a big believer in the last name Jones changing its stripes much at all.

At this point it is what it is.

Go Cowboys

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
True man.

In my almost apathetic state of fanhood nowadays Red, barring a complete family sale of the team by the Joneses, I'm just extremely pessimistic of any real distinguishable change happening based off all these same cast of characters and knowing their history like I do.

So my very high Tom Landry expectation bar has kinda finally bottomed out to expecting the speciaI kinda bizarre that only the Jones Cartel can annually deliver and if that includes a playoff berth then that's just icing on the cake.

Not a big believer in the last name Jones changing its stripes much at all.

At this point it is what it is.

Go Cowboys
Without a doubt.

:huh:

aria

Reaction score
I have to wonder how many of these over reactions are actually serious. Surely most people don’t really think like the majority of these threads after a loss imply they do :huh:

plasticman

Reaction score
In week #9, just before their bye, they play the Pittsburgh Steelers. If the Cowboys enter that game 2-6 or 1-7 and lose that game, it is over for both McCarthy and Moore. Nolan will take over as the interim and then Jerry Jones will clean house at the end of the season.

He may even fire Stephen eventually.

Mannix

Reaction score
------Meyer would have "required" full control to accept the job I think.

Sounds good to me.

BTW, my comments are not based on ONE game....MM should never have been hired in the first place. And yes, he did run a mighty slick con game to get hired.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Any Head Coach worth having would require it.

Can't win in this current environment/atmosphere. Players have to know the HC is in charge and answer to him.

75boyz

Reaction score

Sounds good to me.

BTW, my comments are not based on ONE game....MM should never have been hired in the first place. And yes, he did run a mighty slick con game to get hired.

Totally agree. On all counts.

Go Cowboys