Mike and MIKE

Diehardblues

Reaction score
W/ Cowherd on Fox and the NFL Network group being so entertaining, not that I know of.
I used to listen to The Herd when he was on ESPN Radio but he comes on too late on Fox. I’m doing other things by then. And I don’t like him on the pregame Fox show.

Just goes to show you some personalities are meant for Radio and some for TV.

On his ESPN radio I mainly liked his interviews and opening monologue on the Sundays games . The rest of his show was iffy.

And Mike and Mike ... Golic was the entertainment. Greeney was too whiney and stuffy. Apparently Greeney wanted to do more TV and less Radio but I suspect he’ll struggle on his own.

There’s too many local radio shows now I can recieve online with more on my team and interest without messing with these national personalities.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I used to listen to The Herd when he was on ESPN Radio but he comes on too late on Fox. I’m doing other things by then. And I don’t like him on the pregame Fox show.

Just goes to show you some personalities are meant for Radio and some for TV.

On his ESPN radio I mainly liked his interviews and opening monologue on the Sundays games . The rest of his show was iffy.

And Mike and Mike ... Golic was the entertainment. Greeney was too whiney and stuffy. Apparently Greeney wanted to do more TV and less Radio but I suspect he’ll struggle on his own.
Yeah, but w/ Greeney being the lead man and Golic popping in w/ some sarcasm and other funny stuff, it worked like a charm. Golic is terrible as the lead on his new show, and Greeney is boring by himself.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They sure caught lightning in a bottle. Either of them is like listening to paint dry by himself.
I haven’t seen either of their shows. Unless there’s a broadcast ESPN just isn’t an option anymore. So strange as you mentioned earlier but unless they’re broadcasting a live sporting event it’s not even a thought to go there. I actually use the Watch ESPN on line on the go more now or AP if I need a score.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
W/ Cowherd on Fox and the NFL Network group being so entertaining, not that I know of.
I never liked Cowherd he is annoying. If I watch a sports show it’s NFL Network or MLB network. In my truck I have XM I can listen to the NFL radio on there those guys are pretty good and accurate Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan are my favorite.

Rayman70

Reaction score
kurt warner and Irvin ARE annoying. Kurt with him on his moral highground ...and Irvin with his antics...LOVE THE PLAYMAKER and what he did on the field. You can't take that away from him. But as a man,human being..OR an analyst..he is terrible.

Verdict

Reaction score
I was just telling my girlfriend that I used to watch ESPN all the time and I really can't remember the last time I turned it on. It's irrelevant now that NFL Network has a channel.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I was just telling my girlfriend that I used to watch ESPN all the time and I really can't remember the last time I turned it on. It's irrelevant now that NFL Network has a channel.
espn HAS BEEN UNWATCHABLE for years now. They went into the tank in a multitude of ways. They have a political agenda..and when they went away from being a pure sports channel...and crossed over into "entertainment" and "OPED' shows,thats when they made a fatal mistake. They lost tons of fans as a result. NFL network is slowly heading that way in some ways.Kurt Warner..like the player he was,and even like some of his opinions on the QB position. Problem is he tends to get preachy..or gets on his soap box about certain things we aren't allowed to mention on this board. Same with Irvin. I just wish they would leave the moral stuff to someone else.Same with the politics.Leave that to politicians. When I start seeing/hearing these..what I call "State of the Union" type talks from players ,reporters,sports shock jocks, it makes me sick..then I turn it off. Dak and Zeke got it right..GOOD FOR THEM.They get it. They are ball players and they gonna ball,leaving that other stuff to others and another venue. Good for them. Won't watch espn again in my lifetime.

Rayman70

Reaction score
col
I never liked Cowherd he is annoying. If I watch a sports show it’s NFL Network or MLB network. In my truck I have XM I can listen to the NFL radio on there those guys are pretty good and accurate Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan are my favorite.
Colin Cowturd is ok once in a blue moon. Otherwise he is run of the mill sports shock jock. I can't tell ya the last time I may have watched ANY of these boneheads on TV. ONCE AND A WHILE I like Skip Bayless...at least he attempts to use solid facts and reason for his opinions. He's right more than he's wrong. Shannon Sharpe lol..MY GAWD...he is simply a meat head trying to be smart and innovative. He's more tolerable than some..but he mostly is just a moron.

Rayman70

Reaction score
To cap it off, we sports fans are simple. We bust are arses during the week and simply want to be entertained on weekends. We want to unwind with the drink of our choice..snacks etc...chill out and watch some good ball games with good FOOTBALL commentary. Last thing we want is some yahoo that thinks he needs to talk to the fans..using his "platform" for his own personal agenda..be it good or bad. Don't want it,don't need it. Fans have been forgotten by the networks and by the current players..and former. I think MAYBE they are starting to get the message. STOP IT WITH THE HIDDEN AGENDA IN PLAIN SIGHT CRAP! Stop the virtue signaling to the common fans that pay your bills! What I really like about Dallas...we were prolly the first team in the league to make a stand..pun intended. All this implied guilt by virtue signaling sports people is DUMB and its killing the NFL.Fans are turned off by this. Run for office Kurt..lol...but on sundays talk football.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
col

Colin Cowturd is ok once in a blue moon. Otherwise he is run of the mill sports shock jock. I can't tell ya the last time I may have watched ANY of these boneheads on TV. ONCE AND A WHILE I like Skip Bayless...at least he attempts to use solid facts and reason for his opinions. He's right more than he's wrong. Shannon Sharpe lol..MY GAWD...he is simply a meat head trying to be smart and innovative. He's more tolerable than some..but he mostly is just a moron.

Seems like most of them are entertainment over substance. I guess you can get by with that since so many fans are dumbed down now days. I can’t stand the shock jocks who know less about football than some people on here.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Seems like most of them are entertainment over substance. I guess you can get by with that since so many fans are dumbed down now days. I can’t stand the shock jocks who know less about football than some people on here.
STEPHEN A SMITH has got to be the worst one. Its like he looks at himself as Malcolm X of sports talk lol... YEARS AGO, I finally said enough of espn.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
STEPHEN A SMITH has got to be the worst one. Its like he looks at himself as Malcolm X of sports talk lol... YEARS AGO, I finally said enough of espn.
I can’t stand him I can’t even stand those Beef Jerky commercials he does makes me not want beef jerky and I love beef jerky.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Several years ago I just felt alienated by several of the hosts on that network. (ESPN). I felt as if they were infusing personal beliefs and opinion into the sport and it just got to a point I had enough of the soap box crap. Not just with the NFL analysts..all of the sports. Its just too left and PC to watch. Sports should NEVER EVER be in the political convo-arena . It belongs in its own category. ESPN has sullied themselves and the sports they report on..

Rayman70

Reaction score
i actually do not watch sports talk shows anymore. I think I saw undisputed 2 times since its airing. I get my takes from what I see in preseason and practices. Everything else is white noise. I tune it out. I refuse to watch espn and unsubscribed from that network long ago. Its mostly fakenews talk shows...kin to the view lol. Middle America deserves better.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ESPN is just about unwatchable other than for live sporting events. At some point , the network just went off the rails and delved into politics. They started focusing on individual athletes and their opinions rather than the teams and sports they represent.
yup...they are actually the ones that caved and began making media darlings out of certain players that fit their views and agenda. I call it implied guilt,aimed at the fans to sway our thinking. It goes against the spirit of ANY SPORT. Sports is suppose to be a time to get away from junk like politics for a few hours...not a venue for an agenda! Even NFL Network has gradually done this...most of what they do is implied. FANS DO NOT WANT TO BE TOLD HOW TO THINK! Football for example, is one of those sports where fans watch to NOT THINK. We want to unplug our brains for those 2 or 3 hours and not be hammered and peppered with nonsense. That was ESPNS FATAL FLAW AND CONTINUES TO BE.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
ESPN is just about unwatchable other than for live sporting events. At some point , the network just went off the rails and delved into politics. They started focusing on individual athletes and their opinions rather than the teams and sports they represent.
And some of the live sporting events are just about unwatchable too.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
ESPN invested 15m a year into Get Up with Greeny, Beadle and Rose and it has been a horrible flop

They were hoping to make it football season just to save it

It followed the utter failure of Jemele Hill and Mike Smith at the 6pm Sportscenter

They just won't listen to their OG fans and drop the politics and preaching and stick to the highlights and access.... that is all the hardcore fans want