"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao2:
4xsd4d.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give it a couple of months and then we will see. With the state of orthopedic medicine as it is now, what was career ending 30 years ago is a bump in the road now.
Especially when you consider the surgeon he's going to get.

If that's us, some resident at a drive up clinic is cutting. They knew exactly who they wanted the minute he hit the turf.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m honestly not that worried about it. We will know a lot more once the deadline for the tag comes and all that.

I have my doubts that Dak has a 20% chance of never playing again. That sounds really strong.

I don’t doubt there are concerns about the injury. There always is with major injuries. People still have concerns when guys tear their ACL’s even though that injury is common practice in the modern NFL

We will find out.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I basically said the same thing before the cart was even out of site. There is no way you can sign him to a long term deal before seeing that he is back to 100% and has no lingering long term effects. That goes for any and all 32 teams. He put himself in this position by continuing to say NO to incredibly generous market deals, guaranteed life changing money, because he wanted to cash in again a year sooner. This was the risk he took and he lost. He will be lucky to get the same offer he had on the table at any point in the coming year. If he does, he should take all of 1 second to say yes and sign it. Right now he is damaged goods and an unknown. I don’t see anyone giving him anything close to his previous asking price until he proves he is 100% again. Dallas may be willing to use the franchise tag and gamble that he gets back but they also may decide to move on. All he had to do was compromise on one issue. The team had already compromised on everything else. They just needed the 5th year to make it work better for the cap. He was unwilling to give at all on anything and that is why he is where he is today. I wish him the best but this is all on him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m honestly not that worried about it. We will know a lot more once the deadline for the tag comes and all that.

I have my doubts that Dak has a 20% chance of never playing again. That sounds really strong.

I don’t doubt there are concerns about the injury. There always is with major injuries. People still have concerns when guys tear their ACL’s even though that injury is common practice in the modern NFL

We will find out.
The question about the recovery is will that affect tagging him, if that's the plan. 37.7M for one year for a QB that they have any concerns about his mobility is as risky as it gets, even for Booger. Prescott is not a pocket guy like Brady, he has to be able to move laterally to buy time.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Anyone hear Cross Talk between Shan & RJ and the K&C Masterpiece this morning on the Fan? Mike Bascik flew off the rails on the Dak contract discussion and made some seriously bold claims.

He said he wasn't allowed to divulge the fine details, but mentioned that Dak is dealing with more than simply a broken ankle and these next 5 to 6 months are absolutely critical for rehab and basically determining if Dak can play football ever again. Mike said that there is a real "20 percent chance" that Dak never plays football again. Mentioned that the Cowboys are aware of the issue that he knows about, and said that it looks like almost an impossibility that the Cowboys fork over 170+ million dollars to a QB that's dealing with what Dak is dealing with. Also mentioned that releasing him after June with a franchise tag is also a realistic possibility.

I'm not strongly for or against Dak being signed here long term, but this certainly ignites some serious discussion. And for the clowns on this forum that will immediately dismiss this as fake news, Bascik is extremely plugged into the network in the Metroplex and also has numerous connections in the local medical network, since he himself is married to a physician. He was dropping hints of Dak having a second surgery over a month before national media got a hold of that story.

This is a crazy development.

At this point, nothing about Dak would surprise me any more. I'm just tired of all the Dak drama.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
The reality is this: JJ isn't going to hand over a big contract unless Dak is fully recovered or going to fully recover. He's a businessman and his oath only goes as far as his wallet.

If Dak has serious issues, no team is going to hand him a lot of cash so the market will be cold anyway.

If we really think we're screwed, guess that means they'll be super busy evaluating QB's the next two months.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The question about the recovery is will that affect tagging him, if that's the plan. 37.7M for one year for a QB that they have any concerns about his mobility is as risky as it gets, even for Booger. Prescott is not a pocket guy like Brady, he has to be able to move laterally to buy time.

1. Dak is a pocket QB who also has the ability to run but make no mistake. He is a pocket passing QB.

2. We will see. Again I don’t buy the 20% number. Concern due to a major injury? Sure.

20% chance of never playing again? ****

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alex Smith who nearly had his leg amputated and needed 21 surgeries came back. Enough said.
His was more on the infection side than structural and about as scary a looking leg as anyone would ever want to see looking down. I know he got used to it but watching that ESPN 60 on his ordeal gave me a rigor every time that showed his leg. I could only imagine what that was like for him as he watched it get worse every day with talk of amputation.

Aven8

Reaction score

I believe Mike. I listen to the Fan all the time and he’s a stand up guy. Played MLB and is from Duncanville. He also knew something about Earl Thomas earlier this year that couldn’t be said on air too.

This is scary news however. I’m ready to win and I don’t want to wait on an injury or some rookie.

I’m glad we have Mike who can develop QB’s.

DFWJC

Reaction score
20% seems high.

I will say this. Bacsik, a former Major League pitcher, has some pretty good ties to the sports surgical and rehab community here. He maybe even had the same surgeon and rehab team for all we know.

But 20%?
Come on

Then again, if it never happens, he can be truthful in saying it was 80% chance he does play.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sounds like total bull and Mike Bascik - whoever that is - is just trying to get clicks.

I don't know why people hang on this stuff as if there's any truth to it. This is entirely the opposite of every other repor.t

He’s a former Ranger pitcher and is on the radio.

Doesn’t seem like the type of guy to just make something up.. Especially something like this.

If he is saying it I do believe that someone in the know has told him and he isn’t just making it up.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Dak is a pocket QB who also has the ability to run but make no mistake. He is a pocket passing QB.

2. We will see. Again I don’t buy the 20% number. Concern due to a major injury? Sure.

20% chance of never playing again? ****
I do not see him as a pocket passer in the style of Brady. He moves and throws well on the run to either side. He might prefer to be a pocket passer but with that OL, mobility is necessary.

I don't know where the 20% even comes from or who established that.

I file this under the "Everybody's gotta have a Prescott story".

If this whole Prescott saga was a Netflix one, it would have been cancelled by now. I am growing weary of the must cover crap going on about this.