Mike Ditka just said..

SacredStar

Reaction score
That the problem with the Cowboys is the owner.

He related it to Jerry being meddling and the lack of quality coaches Dallas has employed.

He stated that Dallas had Landry for 30 years with no disfunction, and then Jerry takes over and has gone through 6 coaches in less than 20 years. He says Jerry needs to be the owner and not the coach. There are three coaches on this team, Wade, Garrett-a HC in waiting, and Jerry.

That is the problem according to him.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Ditka should go trade his whole draft again for a pot smoking runningback.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I don't think it's as bad as Ditka thinks it is, but I would like Jerry to get LESS involved in the actual football operations.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
SacredStar;2360807 said:
That the problem with the Cowboys is the owner.

He related it to Jerry being meddling and the lack of quality coaches Dallas has employed.

He stated that Dallas had Landry for 30 years with no disfunction, and then Jerry takes over has gone through 6 coaches in less than 20 years. He says Jerry needs needs to be the owner and not the coach. There are three coaches on this team, Wade, Garrett-a HC in waiting, and Jerry.

That is the problem according to him.

that's original

I guess he forgot about Hollywood Henderson, Duane Thomas etc

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ajk23az;2360847 said:
Really? I actually never heard of him doing that before. :eek:

e_rwmd_i.jpg

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Wasn't just a few weeks ago that folks were claiming Jerry Jones should be GM of the Year.

Of course, alot of people thought he should have been last year.

I listened to the NFL Network while working out at the gym, Jerry Jones is definately taking a beating today.

But the funny thing about it, after bashing Jerry Jones, they were asked if the Cowboys would make the Playoffs and they all said yes because they were too talented.

So on one hand Jerry Jones is the reason for the problem but he has assembled a team that is so talented that despite the talespin they are in, they will still make the playoffs?

Weird.

TheStar

Reaction score
Yeah....The Tuna sure gave us a bunch of playoff wins. Is Ditka saying BP wasn't quality?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;2360871 said:
So on one hand Jerry Jones is the reason for the problem but he has assembled a team that is so talented that despite the talespin they are in, they will still make the playoffs?
Welcome to another edition of "As The World Turns In Big D" :laugh2:

SacredStar

Reaction score
TheStar;2360880 said:
Yeah....The Tuna sure gave us a bunch of playoff wins. Is Ditka saying BP wasn't quality?

Nothing was said about Parcells.

When asked about Jerry bringing in people to help the team win, Ditka replied "What People?"

Ditka then went on to say that Jerry is just "buying names" hoping to help Dallas. He was referring to Pacman and Tank, whom he said has produced little results.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
utrunner07;2360812 said:
Ditka is right...

He is?

Todd Grantham was a well known D-Line coach before becoming the Browns D-Coordinator and went back to being our D-Line coach. Campo has a good reputation working with D-Backs, has had success as a D-Coordinator, is a former head coach and is now back working with our D-Backs. I find it hard to claim that Garrett is not a quality coach since his offenses have averaged 30 points a game since he's been the O-Coordinator. Hudson Houck is arguably the greatest O-Line coach of all time. Ray Sherman is a well respected WR coach.

And I'm afraid to tell Ditka that this team in large part was built through the draft.

Ditka hates Owens and everything he stands for and I think he takes it out on the Cowboys and Jerry because Jerry signed Owens. But does anybody really believe that the reason why Dallas lost those 3 games is due to Owens? I sure don't.

YAKUZA

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2360831 said:
that's original

I guess he forgot about Hollywood Henderson, Duane Thomas etc

my thoughts exactly............