Mike Ditka just said..

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
Is anything Ditka said incorrect? Jerry is what everyone says he is. Him going to the locker room to chew out the team is a perfect example of this. No other owner in their right mind (except Al Davis or Dan Snyder) would think of doing something like that. Doing that is the job of the HEAD COACH. But since Jerry hired ANOTHER lame duck to coach his team, he is left to do it himself.

The problems on this team - bad coaching hires, troublesome players, etc. all lead back to Jerry Jones.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Use Your Illusion;2361303 said:
Is anything Ditka said incorrect? Jerry is what everyone says he is. Him going to the locker room to chew out the team is a perfect example of this. No other owner in their right mind (except Al Davis or Dan Snyder) would think of doing something like that. Doing that is the job of the HEAD COACH. But since Jerry hired ANOTHER lame duck to coach his team, he is left to do it himself.

The problems on this team - bad coaching hires, troublesome players, etc. all lead back to Jerry Jones.

As some forum guy says. JJ is the one constant.

On the nosey.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Jerry is also the one constant in all the success this organization has had since he bought the team.

So, please give him his due, while you are trying to agree with an asinine poster.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
BHendri5;2361350 said:
Jerry is also the one constant in all the success this organization has had since he bought the team.

So, please give him his due, while you are trying to agree with an asinine poster.

Yeah the first years were great. Not so much the last ten or so.

ddh33

Reaction score
When in doubt as to why the Boys are struggling, talk about Jerry meddling. People will buy that.

I guess Jerry doesn't meddle when the team wins? I don't know...

ComicBookGuy

Reaction score
Givincer;2361383 said:
Seriously, what about last year?
Wasn't last years team the first #1 seed in NFL history to lose in the divisional round since the new format started? What was so great about that year?

Givincer

Reaction score
ComicBookGuy;2361457 said:
Wasn't last years team the first #1 seed in NFL history to lose in the divisional round since the new format started? What was so great about that year?

Honestly, quite a bit.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Ditka isn't the brightest light bulb, but he's correct on this point.

Jerry is a great owner in almost every way.

His major weakness: He is unable to draw an organizational chart that does not look like spaghetti.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
nothing was great about last year. it was a good year and fun to watch the boys and feel confident in them up until the games really started to count.

ComicBookGuy

Reaction score
Givincer;2361473 said:
Honestly, quite a bit.
What was great about it? There were some very nice moments, but the year ended in complete, epic failure at the hands of a wild card who just happened to also be a divisional rival. And it wasn't like it was just that one moment, the season had been circling the drain for several weeks by then.

It was an ok year that ended far too soon and in about as poorly a fashion as is possible.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
utrunner07;2360812 said:
Ditka is right...

Yes - Jerry needs to hire qualified football people to run football operations and stick to owning and running the business side of Dallas football.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I guess I don't see the issue here. We have a team that has a ton of talent and Wade got to bring in anyone he wanted to bring in other than the OC. The offense is about the only thing keeping us in games at the moment since every other facet of the game is sucking.

All the coaches for all the facets that are sucking are Wade's guys. I really don't understand.

Rogah

Reaction score
Wasn't last years team the first #1 seed in NFL history to lose in the divisional round since the new format started?
The 2007 Cowboys were the first #1 seed to lose in the divisional round since the San Diego Chargers did way back in 2006. And those Chargers were the first #1 seed to lose in the divisional round since the Indianapolis Colts did it way back in 2005.

So we can see how you might not remember those other examples, being that they were so long ago :D

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry is a great owner. It's the rest I don't care for. I wish he would just let the coaches coach. Their should only be one voice in that locker room. Wade should have yelled at the team, not Jerry.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

No, it wasn't.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
SacredStar;2360807 said:
That the problem with the Cowboys is the owner.

He related it to Jerry being meddling and the lack of quality coaches Dallas has employed.

He stated that Dallas had Landry for 30 years with no disfunction, and then Jerry takes over and has gone through 6 coaches in less than 20 years. He says Jerry needs to be the owner and not the coach. There are three coaches on this team, Wade, Garrett-a HC in waiting, and Jerry.

That is the problem according to him.

Hey Ditka, how bout a nice tall glass of "shut the hell up".

It is not like Jerry made one of the most ******** trades of all time and traded his entire draft for a pot head RB in drag. You know what I mean Ditka......

Oh wait.....

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2361805 said:
Hey Ditka, how bout a nice tall glass of "shut the hell up".

It is not like Jerry made one of the most ******** trades of all time and traded his entire draft for a pot head RB in drag. You know what I mean Ditka......

Oh wait.....

Put the bong down East. Some of us can't deal with the smoke.:laugh2: