Twitter: Mike Fisher: Cowboys re-engage Dak in contract talks

basel90

Reaction score
Agreed. Losing your all pro center + question marks at RDE, LG, and losing by far your best corner. Also health questions with LVE

Good chance this team takes a slight step back next year. Don't know if you want to be on a one year prove it deal if you can avoid it, especially when the alternative is a multi year deal with pay over 30 mil a year.....
very true / if i was dak i will want as long a deal as possible as dak will continue to regress . The NFC east will improve and he will be further exposed. He wants to avoid a "prove it" season like the plague .

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
he lost to wentz at the season finale. And wentz is not a super star QB by the way , so am not sure about your analogy that he beat wentz once. Dak is very mediocre because he is innaccurate and cannot read defenses , this is why 93% of his snapped were called from the shotgun . The offensive coaches know he cannot drop back and read defenses. This makes it easy for opposing defenses to read Dak.

Only season finale lost was 2016 when the team went 13-3 and the game did not matter. Dak played 2 series and left game when it was tied. If you are referring to wk 16 last year, then sure he lost. The team was in the tank at that point. I'm good with you calling Dak a mediocre and an inaccurate QB. All the better as he continues to beat the Birds.

I agree with you Wentz is not a super star QB. How could he be when he is contently compared to a scurb QB like Dak?

basel90

Reaction score
Only season finale lost was 2016 when the team went 13-3 and the game did not matter. Dak played 2 series and left game when it was tied. If you are referring to wk 16 last year, then sure he lost. The team was in the tank at that point. I'm good with you calling Dak a mediocre and an inaccurate QB. All the better as he continues to beat the Birds.

I agree with you Wentz is not a super star QB. How could he be when he is contently compared to a scurb QB like Dak?
we need a QB that can help take us to the super bowl. With all the offensive tools dak had last year ; RB , WR, DTs , OL etc , many of whom we will lose this year on OL and on Defense ; Dak was simply unable to even make the playoffs . What makes you think he can with all the players we lost ? If he was any good he would have at least had a winning season last year agains the weakest division in the NFL.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a surprise!! They're like the virgin 16 year old boy begging for a kiss in the back of the limo on prom night.

France and Prescott know, just wait, these fish will get reeled in with patience. They're the joke of the NFL with negotiating.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Man I miss the days of winners like these under center
Quincy Carter
Ryan Leaf
Clint Stoerner
Vinny Testaverde
Drew Bledsoe
Anthony Wright
Chad Hutchinson
Drew Bledsoe
Drew Henson
Randall Cunningham

Sure sucks we have to put up with Prescott for at least another 4-5 years. We need to get one of those guys back here so we can start winning Super Bowls.

You forgot to add Romo to that list.....

32BellyOption

Reaction score
"Next up" isnt all that simple when it comes to a starting NFL QB.

Tannehill didn't help. You won't hear from that team again for a decade though.

We could sign Jameis or Cam for a short term deal and draft one. I’m all for resigning Dak but not for making him the highest paid player in the league. He has done nothing to warrant such a huge commitment.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We could sign Jameis or Cam for a short term deal and draft one. I’m all for resigning Dak but not for making him the highest paid player in the league. He has done nothing to warrant such a huge commitment.
I'm way more into that than most people around here...Jerry also.

Jones has no leverage at all and will cave in every way. That's what he does.

triplets_93

Reaction score

I can't stomach Cam.... It would be Jameis for the short term deal.