Twitter: Mike Fisher: Cowboys re-engage Dak in contract talks

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo was much more accurate as a passer and engineered some comeback wins . i cannot say this about Dak.

Admittedly Dak isn’t quite as accurate as Romo, but I didn’t say they were identical. I’m just saying playing a balanced offense limits QB stats, just as it did with Romo in 2014. And I still think it’s pretty nonsensical that some fans downgrade based on not accumulating big stats the first 3 years, then in the 4th year stat accumulation is no longer the standard, winning games is. If the standard shifts to fit the narrative it’s a false narrative.

As for come from behind wins, Dak actually was very successful at that his first 3 seasons. Admittedly not much last season though.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
in 2018 we finished 10-6...won the division and made the playoffs.
that year Zeke led the league in rushing and finished with 4.7 yds per carry.
i'd rather have 72 than not....but for cowherd to say this will be Dak's FIRST TIME without him at center is wrong.
for him to not mention going thru the '18 season without him and Looney filling in...admirably...is dishonest.
and to suggest to his Cowboys insider we must draft a C......when we already did in '19 with Connor McGovern...who played C at penn st before moving over to OG...and for his insider to not mention either....is dishonest.
no one will replace Frederick.
but this isnt the first time we've gone thru a season w/out him.
the success of '18 and the possibility of McGovern being better than Looney...gives me hope.
they dont need to be Travis Frederick.
they cant.
all they need to do is their job.
Cowherd is a big Eagles fan that does not let facts get in the way of his agenda. He thinks Wentz is up there with Russell Wilson and Aaron Rogers. When he compares Dak to Wentz he always leaves out stats and overall record but talks about the last game they played in Philadelphia. He forgets Dak is better head to head, won more playoff games, has better stats, and simply has been the better player since both have been in the league. One minute he likes Dak then the next minute he rates Danny Fumbles above him. He also tried to start the Brady to Cowboys rumors that some of the Dak haters ate up.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
So only last year counts? Did he melt against the Seahawks in the playoffs? The game that he engineered a 4th qtr winning drive. Something Wentz has never done. Foles has though.
Don’t let facts get in the way of Dak hate.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Unfortunately Dak is not the answer at QB for a top caliber team such as the cowboys . Therefore , any long term deal is a waste of time for a team that is serious about a Super Bowl run. When your QB cannot beat the jets or score a TD against a depleted Eagles team , or is 1-6 against winning teams , then he writing is on the wall.

The Jones's make bank on "The Brand" and Championships ARE NOT vital to that equation.

Paying Dak 35 will not bring a Championship, but, it will complement "The Brand," where The Bottom Line lives.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Man I miss the days of winners like these under center
Quincy Carter
Ryan Leaf
Clint Stoerner
Vinny Testaverde
Drew Bledsoe
Anthony Wright
Chad Hutchinson
Drew Bledsoe
Drew Henson
Randall Cunningham

Sure sucks we have to put up with Prescott for at least another 4-5 years. We need to get one of those guys back here so we can start winning Super Bowls.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Quincy Carter
Ryan Leaf
Clint Stoerner
Vinny Testaverde
Drew Bledsoe
Anthony Wright
Chad Hutchinson
Drew Bledsoe
Drew Henson
Randall Cunningham

Sure sucks we have to put up with Prescott for at least another 4-5 years. We need to get one of those guys back here so we can start winning Super Bowls.
Last I checked Dak hasn't won a SB either. Heck we haven't even been any further with him than Romo so I wouldn't use that as no reason to hype Dak up

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Quincy Carter
Ryan Leaf
Clint Stoerner
Vinny Testaverde
Drew Bledsoe
Anthony Wright
Chad Hutchinson
Drew Bledsoe
Drew Henson
Randall Cunningham

You left out everyone’s favorite football announcer Toney Romo.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This LizLozaFF who broke this story definitely has a solid source inside of the agency representing Dak.

basel90

Reaction score
Who cares what you see in Dak. Let's keep it with the facts. Dak the 4th round comp pic has better stats than Wentz and has beaten him H2H and has played and won more playoff games. I'm sure you saw the games and saw IT when he lit up the scrub DBs Howie provided.

As for you thinking Dak only had 3 comeback wins. Maybe you forgot about the four 4th qtr comebacks and game winning drives he has against Philly? Did you see IT then? Or were you blocking out getting beat by the 4th rd scrub QB?
he lost to wentz at the season finale. And wentz is not a super star QB by the way , so am not sure about your analogy that he beat wentz once. Dak is very mediocre because he is innaccurate and cannot read defenses , this is why 93% of his snapped were called from the shotgun . The offensive coaches know he cannot drop back and read defenses. This makes it easy for opposing defenses to read Dak.

basel90

Reaction score
The Jones's make bank on "The Brand" and Championships ARE NOT vital to that equation.

Paying Dak 35 will not bring a Championship, but, it will complement "The Brand," where The Bottom Line lives.
you are very right , it is about merchandising the Brand . The team needs so much help all over and especially on defense , and they want to pay dak 35+

jnday

Reaction score
Quincy Carter
Ryan Leaf
Clint Stoerner
Vinny Testaverde
Drew Bledsoe
Anthony Wright
Chad Hutchinson
Drew Bledsoe
Drew Henson
Randall Cunningham

The point that you Dak-lovers don’t get is that Dak will not take the team anywhere that the QBs on the list hasn’t took them. There is no difference between Dak and the QBs in your list. Dak just plays with more talent surrounding him.

basel90

Reaction score
lol that is what the holdup is, jerry wants a 7 year deal ! is that "too long"??
absolutely, especially if most of it is guaranteed. the cowboys wil probably be ready to move away from dak by end of next season