Mike Fisher Dak's replacement?

tomokawan

Reaction score
Lots of options. Draft one in the first round. If he sucks, you get a high draft pick. Then move up to draft a better QB. If he's as good as Dak or close to it, you have that QB at a huge discount for 4-5 years.

The other option is to come to some short term deal with Lance at a fraction of the cost. That too gives us a high draft pick.
Draft one in the first round, if he sucks, you get a high draft pick. Then move up to draft a better QB. Yea, great plan. When do you expect the team to ever be good again?? SMH

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I agree, I guess I didn’t word my post as well as I could have. During the Romo years we didn’t do much to solidify the backup position. Kellen Moore and then we drafted Dak. Luckily Dak turned out to be a decent starter. During Dak’s years we haven’t done anything besides Rush and Dalton. But we didn’t really draft a young guy to groom to play QB. That’s what I meant by being lazy.

This past season trading for Lance was exciting for me. That’s the stuff I want to see. I’ve been a big defender of the Lance trade since the beginning. If Lance doesn’t pan out then I hope they keep doing this with other QBs and not get lazy like they did in prime Romo and prime Dak years. I’m hoping every year we draft someone to groom if Lance doesn’t pan out. Guys with a little more pedigree than Will Grier.
the problem is jerry got lucky with Romo, then Dak, so he thinks he can keep doing that, so no need to do what you suggest.
And once jerry gets a guy like romo or dak he keeps them way too long without any bkup guy of merit.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
warning. click bait. fish is a second rate reporter who tries to get click as some in media do as well, which is to say something outrageous about a topic of high interest.
how is this show or the title click bait? sounds like you judge books by the cover and title lol.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Problem the team has is all the void money in Dak’s deal. If he walks after this season, our cap still suffers in 25 and 26. If he signs a new deal, they can nullify the void dollars from his last deal. That gives Dak a ton of leverage.

Seems like one of Dak or Lance will be re-signed and Dak will have to fall apart with his worst season or suffer another bad injury to lose out.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's worked for the Eagles, Rams and 49ers who in the last few years have been in multiple super bowls with different QBs.

Obviously you and the Jone's method is netting what failed outcomes.

Of course you don't agree with that since we have discussed many that you think the last years have been successful while the majority of us disagree.

Maybe we should do a poll on that to see what the forum take is on that.
What the forum takes? Lol. The majority of the forum are clueless. They don't even have a better idea of how and who to replace Dak with.

Why don't we talk real football knowledgeable talk. Prove Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley wrong since you like to blame everything on Dak.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
What the forum takes? Lol. The majority of the forum are clueless. They don't even have a better idea of how and who to replace Dak with.

Why don't we talk real football knowledgeable talk. Prove Kurt Warner and Cole Beasley wrong since you like to blame everything on Dak.

I've seen it, he still blames dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
how is this show or the title click bait? sounds like you judge books by the cover and title lol.
its fish. its talking about dak (hot button issue if you haven't noticed). thus click bait.

did he produce any new information? any revelations? I am 99% sure he didn't. I leave the 1% just in case Fish can surprise me.

Flamma

Reaction score
Draft one in the first round, if he sucks, you get a high draft pick. Then move up to draft a better QB. Yea, great plan. When do you expect the team to ever be good again?? SMH
Good is not an option. But it seems fans only care about that now. Try winning a championship. I don't take any pleasure from us going 12-5 and being embarrassed in the playoffs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just watch it, he was perplexed dak made the throws based upon the play call and defense that was showing.
That's not what Kurt Warner said. Video starts at the 2:30 minute mark of Warner breaking down that pick-6 INT. Even included were several screen texts stating what Kurt Warner felt were the reasons for that failed play...

Screenshot-20240522-142900-You-Tube.jpg

Screenshot-20240522-142918-You-Tube.jpg

Chasing6

Reaction score
I know what the market is. If Dak asked for 100M a year and Dallas let him walk, would they still ask what plan we had in place when we went 6-11? I'm saying he's not worth market value. Whether there is a plan in place or not. Do what other teams do, move up and draft a QB.
No other team has walked from a top QB in this situation. Your fooling yourself.

Problem is GM Jethro created all of this with a no trade clause. We should have been able to trade Dak and immediately draft his replacement.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Why don't we talk real football knowledgeable talk........
AC Dak attack is just a guy lol
kurt and beasely have played.

There were some guys to replace dak with at start of FA, but other teams got them.
So now there is no one barring guys who get cut after PS.
I like dinucci, but jones boys dont so that wont happen. Also this Hohensee kid.

The jones boys have created the situation as it is, and no telling what they will do lol.

The main thing is I think cowboys would be better off with a cheap qb, than one who wants 30 mil a year and up.
Then beef up defense and off with extra $

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That's not what Kurt Warner said. Video starts at the 2:30 minute mark of Warner breaking down that pick-6 INT. Even included were several screen texts stating what Kurt Warner felt were the reasons for that failed play...

Screenshot-20240522-142900-You-Tube.jpg

Screenshot-20240522-142918-You-Tube.jpg

this is all on MM, but jerry kept him for another year, and may extend him! lol

Chasing6

Reaction score
this is all on MM, but jerry kept him for another year, and may extend him! lol
Well it is hard really to say.

Play design looks very poor, especially with the play fake. Not sure what the down and distance was, but it was clear, the defense was not buying the play fake.

Did the receivers run the correct routes, or was it designed for them to be the same route at the same depth at the same time? Not sure how we would know the answer to that.

Plus the safety made a good play.

At the end of the day QB always gets the blame. He could have changed the play, throw it away or taken the sack.

plymkr

Reaction score
agree with drafting and drafting high. regardless of Dak contract, he is 30.

low level trades and hope for what? miracles....how is that working out?
bottom of the roster? that's the Romo route. how often are you going to get lucky.
It’s kind of a balance act. If you got a starter and other needs you don’t want to be spending 1st rounders every other year on a QB. Likewise you don’t want to only scour the UDFAs. So my response is a balancing of the two. I’d be cool with spending a 1-3 rounder every 3rd year when you have an incumbent starter. That way you don’t get lazy but also don’t deprive other needs in the team.

Actually since August is the route I really like. We traded for a developmental guy (Lance) who has potential and has started previously on a team and we got him for a 4th rounder. I’m still confused how anyone can think trading for Lance was a bad idea. Also we got this new kid that Kurt Warner likes as a UDFA, if we sign him. To me this is the perfect way to do it. Spend some draft capital on a guy that can be developed and has already played as a starter. The only thing I wish was different was Lance had more years on his contract.