Mike Fisher Dak's replacement?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If the excuse to sign him at 54M is not having a better choice in 2025, why should Dak stop at 54M? Why not 74 or 84M? Because it's too much, right? So is 54M.
Yep, the issue isnt the $$$, it's whether you think that particular QB can win it all (well if the objective is to win a SB). If you evaluate his skillset and conclude you need XYZ to elevate the team (but cant do it on the budget).....why continue?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yes!

Not only that, but draft them frequently.

Create competition in a way that gives the team more than one viable candidate.
That's what they don't want, they hate finding a starter and having someone that could possibly cause a QB controversy

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That's what they don't want, they hate finding a starter and having someone that could possibly cause a QB controversy
I think it's a reflection on the FO putting everything into the draft and cant afford to continue spending capital on a position (in which they're happy). Going back to December they were more than happy with extending Dak (for me, Lance was traded for to nudge Dak to the table.....even Jerry realized that having Rush wasnt going to bring to the extension table).

DuncanIso

Reaction score
As much as a choke artist as Dak is in the playoffs, we don't have a better QB on the roster and our incompetent GM refuses to get one, so we're stuck with Dak for now. There are currently no replacements and that sucks because it guarantees we won't make the NFC championship any time soon.
#Lance

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'm fine, especially since I know what I'm talking about. Dak's time no longer as a Cowboys QB will come some day..., but that day is not anytime soon (as in years). How are you going to make it through another 4+ years? lol
I will admit it's harder for us fans that want Dak gone as opposed to yourself.

Since you don't care about post season success, as we have discussed many times.

You consider a winning season and one in done in the playoffs a success, people against Dak don't.

Obviously if I believed like you that seasonal play was my only determinate, then I would also shell out 60 million a year for a playoff choker, because the rest really doesn't matter.

It must be nice to not look at the whole picture, I assume that was how you HS career as a center went to, win a few HS games but know championship, yet every one got a trophy. How nice :rolleyes:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Notice what I actually quoted. I was only agreeing to one thing.
Okay....i assume its the " fo office did nothing" rather than the assertion dak deserves a ton of money for playing so cheaply 1st few years?

Flamma

Reaction score
Okay....i assume its the " fo office did nothing" rather than the assertion dak deserves a ton of money for playing so cheaply 1st few years?
Yes. We had a QB for 4 years that was practically free, yet they stubbornly stayed the course. I think Dak was somewhere around a 1M cap hit going into 2018, and we had one of the worst groups of WRs in the league. Same guys are in charge today.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. We had a QB for 4 years that was practically free, yet they stubbornly stayed the course. I think Dak was somewhere around a 1M cap hit going into 2018, and we had one of the worst groups of WRs in the league. Same guys are in charge today.
We added amari, ceedee. Some might say cooks is a worthy add.
Yer saying we must give dak top wespons, but he doesnt bear any responsibility for making what we do have better?
To a certain extent...sure.
star top 5 mvp runner up should excel at it.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a good team than a great qb. Hell, Mahomes couldn't even do it without a good team around him.

Getting rid of a good QB, just to gamble your future trying to find the next Mahomes is a terrible bet. Especially when there's no potential players on the horizon to replace him....

People that think any and every qb is better than Dak dont live in reality.
You're never going to win anything without a great QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
We added amari, ceedee. Some might say cooks is a worthy add.
Yer saying we must give dak top wespons, but he doesnt bear any responsibility for making what we do have better?
To a certain extent...sure.
star top 5 mvp runner up should excel at it.
They had to add Amari. I'm saying it is a shame it had to come to that. He's also the only big named player we added since 2012. I could be wrong. Be he is all I remember. Cooks is fine. But he's not the player he was in 2017.

Dak needs top weapons, and a solid if not very good run game. Do you think he makes what we have better? They make him better. Similar to Tua out there in Miami.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They had to add Amari. I'm saying it is a shame it had to come to that. He's also the only big named player we added since 2012. I could be wrong. Be he is all I remember. Cooks is fine. But he's not the player he was in 2017.

Dak needs top weapons, and a solid if not very good run game. Do you think he makes what we have better? They make him better. Similar to Tua out there in Miami.
Agreed.
If we cant greatly improve o line run blocking and have a revived healthy zeke (at least somewhat) , well see that same wr problem with our rbs this year.

Have to go out and reach? Im not sure jerry will do that unless its very terribly embarrasing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If not Dak, then who?
Fish goes thru this and ....well watch the show.

warning. click bait. fish is a second rate reporter who tries to get click as some in media do as well, which is to say something outrageous about a topic of high interest.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of signing Dak to an expensive extension but regardless I feel we should be drafting QBs or scouring the low level trades (Ala Lance) or churning the bottom of the roster (Ala Honehee) no matter what every single year.

I feel strongly that this organization failed the QB position by getting lazy. We need to do what Green Bay does. Keep looking for the QBs even if you’re happy with the starter because the starter.
agree with drafting and drafting high. regardless of Dak contract, he is 30.

low level trades and hope for what? miracles....how is that working out?
bottom of the roster? that's the Romo route. how often are you going to get lucky.

Flamma

Reaction score
Agreed.
If we cant greatly improve o line run blocking and have a revived healthy zeke (at least somewhat) , well see that same wr problem with our rbs this year.

Have to go out and reach? Im not sure jerry will do that unless its very terribly embarrasing.
We didn't have a great run game last year. At best, we're a similar team to last year. A 10-11 win team. At worst, we take a 2016-2017 drop off. Might still make the playoffs now with 8 or 9 wins. I'm worried about the passing game more than the run game.