Mike Fisher Dak's replacement?

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Because NO ONE can EVER replace Dak........ Right?

He won't be in Dallas forever, hate to break it to you.
No one is anywhere forever. He never said no one can EVER replace Dak. Dak has had a pretty good regular season record, it's his playoff record that is not stellar. He is going to be here for at least another year, so you might as well get used to it.

plymkr

Reaction score
the problem is jerry got lucky with Romo, then Dak, so he thinks he can keep doing that, so no need to do what you suggest.
And once jerry gets a guy like romo or dak he keeps them way too long without any bkup guy of merit.
We got extremely lucky with Romo and Dak. Sometimes I think we’d be better off as a franchise if we didn’t get these guys because it gave Jerry and DNA boy false confidence they are adequate GMs. Those guys need to be humbled before real change will happen.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I agree, I guess I didn’t word my post as well as I could have. During the Romo years we didn’t do much to solidify the backup position. Kellen Moore and then we drafted Dak. Luckily Dak turned out to be a decent starter. During Dak’s years we haven’t done anything besides Rush and Dalton. But we didn’t really draft a young guy to groom to play QB. That’s what I meant by being lazy.

This past season trading for Lance was exciting for me. That’s the stuff I want to see. I’ve been a big defender of the Lance trade since the beginning. If Lance doesn’t pan out then I hope they keep doing this with other QBs and not get lazy like they did in prime Romo and prime Dak years. I’m hoping every year we draft someone to groom if Lance doesn’t pan out. Guys with a little more pedigree than Will Grier.
Sans Lance, the Cowboys would be forced to take action at the QB position. Whether through the draft or trade would be up to the front office but they are not lazy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The market is whatthe market is.

Goff got 53 million. It stinks, but Dak is getting 54 to 60 million IMO. We shall see.

Lets say we let Dak walk, and we go 6-11 the next season..... those same people saying Jerry would be a fool to sign Dak will then be calling him stupid for not having a "Plan," in place to replace him....lol
That's the thing , it doesn't stink...

it literally sets the market and actually Jerry and Stephen have a little bit of leverage there to not pay him 54 to 60 because Jared Goff just went to an NFC championship game for the second time with two different teams....

I realize it was more the teams but he's been to a Super Bowl he may have lost it but this guy has as many skins or more than Prescott even though I would take Prescott over goff...

really in the end they should be paid very similarly.

So as much as Prescott's agent are gonna argue he deserves more all the Jones family needs to do is point that out I mean some of these other quarterbacks making 54 to 60 have been to championship games and Super Bowls even though we all know it's a team thing but it doesn't matter when you're negotiating Prescott can't claim he's a better quarterback because that guy just took the second team he's been on to an NFC championship game regardless of who was coaching and who they had put around him he still can claim it man been to a Super Bowl matter of fact I believe that 2018 Rams team with goff beat the Dallas Cowboys in the second round..

So maybe now you can go to Prescott and say hey we'll give you 53 we'll up the guaranteed money a little bit but I also would want something back and take the no trade and the no transition tag clauses out of the contract for more guaranteed money..

blueblood70

Reaction score
You can condense this. You write a lot of stuff that I usually don't disagree with. Like the last line I put in bold. Bottom line is, I don't care what other teams pay their crap quarterbacks. If your son walked up to you can said, Dad, I want a brand new Mustang GT. Johnny got one across the street and he's a pot smoking bum!!

I already know our front office don't go out of their way to support our QB. Which is the reason we need to look for an elite QB to have any chance to win a championship. And it won't be easy even with one of them. As you've already pointed out that Brees, Rodgers, and Favre only have 1 apiece. But paying Dak 50-60M is not the answer with this front office. Not unless you never want to win a championship and happy to just make the playoffs and embarrass yourself.
Well we're not always gonna agree on everything it's good that some of us can at least come to some kind of compromise and I don't think either one of us would be wrong nor would it be wrong for the Joneses to sign Prescott to $53 million contract it is what most teams are doing but it wouldn't be surprising if he let them go but I'm telling you right now Prescott's not the quarterback here in 2025 I'm not resigning CD Lam or Parsons and I'm gonna try to trade them and Trayvon diggs and get rid of Martin and tank.​
I'm literally cleaning house getting as many draft picks as possible go and looking for our next quarterback and then we can rebuild everyone around here thinks we should pay all them dudes because they think if we get the core rate over the next two or three years we can win with just any mid-level quarterback and I'm just not seeing that anymore,

I know it can happen if you had a ridiculous defense but you don't see that kind of defenses built nowadays like the 2000 Ravens and some of the other special defenses it got names they literally held teams under 13 points for the entire season and the playoffs I mean try to build a team like that sure then you don't need much of A quarterback but I haven't seen that I see it the other way around Patrick mahomes is elite he's winning with less and I've seen it with pretty much quarterbacks on Prescott level getting paid and falling short but they're being paid because they give their team a chance because they're getting in the playoffs and that's all you need you need a chance...

I don't know about the depth I don't know if we have a team that can make it to the Super bowl but I know this with the way the Jerry Jones family builds this team reliant on the quarterback there's no way we're putting a championship defense like a suffocating shutdown defense on the field along with that type of run game that the Ravens had and some other teams have had along the way in order to carry some mid level quarterback

so this is a true conundrum for fans to debate but also for the Joneses decide whether they wanna pay him that but also are they willing to just start over totally rebuild and I don't wanna hear how we need to keep those other guys so we can figure out how to win with a mid level quarterback that doesn't happen around here it doesn't happen around the league unless there's a very rare year you get lucky like with Nick Foles but that doesn't happen very often anymore you either gotta try to have a really good quarterback under a rookie contract and you build the best team around them you possibly can and then eventually you have to pay the piper pay that quarterback to give him more time to finish the job...

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well it is hard really to say.

Play design looks very poor, especially with the play fake. Not sure what the down and distance was, but it was clear, the defense was not buying the play fake.

Did the receivers run the correct routes, or was it designed for them to be the same route at the same depth at the same time? Not sure how we would know the answer to that.

Plus the safety made a good play.

At the end of the day QB always gets the blame. He could have changed the play, throw it away or taken the sack.
However, if he throws it away or takes a sack. He still gets the blame.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

it literally sets the market and actually Jerry and Stephen have a little bit of leverage there to not pay him 54 to 60 because Jared Goff just went to an NFC championship game for the second time with two different teams....

I realize it was more the teams but he's been to a Super Bowl he may have lost it but this guy has as many skins or more than Prescott even though I would take Prescott over goff...

So as much as Prescott's agent are gonna argue he deserves more all the Jones family needs to do is point that out I mean some of these other quarterbacks making 54 to 60 have been to championship games and Super Bowls even though we all know it's a team thing but it doesn't matter when you're negotiating Prescott can't claim he's a better quarterback because that guy just took the second team he's been on to an NFC championship game regardless of who was coaching and who they had put around him he still can claim it man been to a Super Bowl matter of fact I believe that 2018 Rams team with goff beat the Dallas Cowboys in the second round..

So maybe now you can go to Prescott and say hey we'll give you 53 we'll up the guaranteed money a little bit but I also would want something back and take the no trade and the no transition tag clauses out of the contract for more guaranteed money..
I dont disagree with that at all. Id offer 55 just to get the deal done and move on.

tomokawan

Reaction score
Good is not an option. But it seems fans only care about that now. Try winning a championship. I don't take any pleasure from us going 12-5 and being embarrassed in the playoffs.
Glade you are not a GM with that plan. Suck, draft a first round qb, if he sucks, draft another one. LOL

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know what the market is. If Dak asked for 100M a year and Dallas let him walk, would they still ask what plan we had in place when we went 6-11? I'm saying he's not worth market value. Whether there is a plan in place or not. Do what other teams do, move up and draft a QB.
Don’t know how you can say he’s not worth market value based on his regular season performances and the fact that he has 2 playoff wins. Moving up and drafting a QB could land you a Trey Lance, Mitch Trubisky or Bryce Young. They were all traded up for leaving their teams without some future draft picks. The Panthers could have had a better QB prospect a few weeks ago if they didn’t make the trade for Young. You fans that think all you need to do to get better than Dak is draft a QB in the first round must not have been following football very long.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Did the receivers run the correct routes, or was it designed for them to be the same route at the same depth at the same time?
Yes that has been pointed out before, also winding up in same area lol
I saw some of the kurt videos, and he pointed out that a lot of cowboy plays dont make much sense !

Flamma

Reaction score
Don’t know how you can say he’s not worth market value based on his regular season performances and the fact that he has 2 playoff wins. Moving up and drafting a QB could land you a Trey Lance, Mitch Trubisky or Bryce Young. They were all traded up for leaving their teams without some future draft picks. The Panthers could have had a better QB prospect a few weeks ago if they didn’t make the trade for Young. You fans that think all you need to do to get better than Dak is draft a QB in the first round must not have been following football very long.
Those are bad examples, but I get your point. I never liked Bryce Young due to his height. But hold off on him for a moment. Stroud is lucky he wasn't drafted by Carolina, or else people would be calling him a bust right now.

I don't care about Dak's regular season performance. If I was paid for their regular season success, I'd say sure, pay him 60M a year. But I'm looking for a championship. We're not winning one with him because our F.O. doesn't support him enough.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
If not Dak, then who?
Fish goes thru this and ....well watch the show.

Non exclusive franchise tag cost 2 first round picks. Jerry was a Dumbo GM for making the trade but he had to pay 2 1st round picks according to the rules of non exclusive franchise tag.

The last time a player who had the non-exclusive tag placed on him changed teams was 2000, when the Seattle Seahawks declined to match the Dallas Cowboys' offer sheet for wide receiver Joey Galloway and received two first-round picks in return.Feb 20, 2024.

This is why I do not listen, watch, subscribe, or hit a like button. Old fish stinks.

P.S. Daks first playoff win was against Russell Wilson's Seahawks. The other win was against Tom Brady's Buccanners. The problem is the GM and Head Coach. Both happen to be Jerry Dumbo GM Jones.

plymkr

Reaction score
Who is the QB that is going to be Dak’s replacement? I haven’t watched the video because I’m not in the mood for Fish’s Jerry impersonation or Fish singing to Marsha.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Those are bad examples, but I get your point. I never liked Bryce Young due to his height. But hold off on him for a moment. Stroud is lucky he wasn't drafted by Carolina, or else people would be calling him a bust right now.

I don't care about Dak's regular season performance. If I was paid for their regular season success, I'd say sure, pay him 60M a year. But I'm looking for a championship. We're not winning one with him because our F.O. doesn't support him enough.
Dak's and every QB's contract is based on the regular season, unless you put in bonuses for playoff performance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You’re wrong if you think the Panthers would be just as bad with Stroud. Houston was worse than Carolina in 2022. They only won 3 games and Stroud turned them into a playoff team in one season. The Panthers would have been a lot better last season with him. I gave you just a few examples of QBs that went bust after being traded up for. If our FO isn’t supporting Dak enough what makes you think they’ll support the next QB with even better talent? Unless we build a better playoff defense we aren’t winning crap regardless the QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
You’re wrong if you think the Panthers would be just as bad with Stroud. Houston was worse than Carolina in 2022. They only won 3 games and Stroud turned them into a playoff team in one season. The Panthers would have been a lot better last season with him. I gave you just a few examples of QBs that went bust after being traded up for. If our FO isn’t supporting Dak enough what makes you think they’ll support the next QB with even better talent? Unless we build a better playoff defense we aren’t winning crap regardless the QB.
What you said is pretty much what I said talking to some Panther fans. Then they went on to show me the difference in offenses for both teams last year. Yes, Houston not only had a better offense, but better OL as well. One of the biggest problems the Panthers had is their 6th overall pick at LT.

With the way the Cowboys choose to build a team, we need a much better QB than Dak. Elite level or we're not winning anything.

Flamma

Reaction score
Who is the QB that is going to be Dak’s replacement? I haven’t watched the video because I’m not in the mood for Fish’s Jerry impersonation or Fish singing to Marsha.
All crap. Not even worth mentioning.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
I really don't think Mike could play, he looks to be fit for his age but not for NFL defenses.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

If Jerry Jones offers Dak a deal that Todd France feels is more valuable than Dak becoming a free agent I believe he’d advise Dak to accept it. Jerry knows what it will take to sign Dak. If he decides he wants to keep Dak he’ll make the necessary offer. Fans may be emotional about it, but Jerry Jones and Dak Prescott are not.