Mike Fisher Says Kettle and Kittle are the Same

blueblood70

Reaction score
Go to the 7:10 mark to hear him say the Kettle turkey celebration is the same as Kittle's **** Dallas T-shirt. I totally disagree. One is an insult aimed at a specific organization. The other is an annual tradition regardless of opponent.

while I don't agree with what he said about the whole kittles thing if you listen to the rest of it he makes a lot of great points it's not his worst video he's made,,,

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That's the only similarity. When will the league understand that the Red Kettle stuff boosts Salvation Army donations around this time every year? I can't think of any other celebration unique to a team that also helps charity. I hate when other teams go near the kettle, but that probably brings attention to the cause too. I saw no taunting or insults thrown the Commanders way.
The way I view it is the Salvation Army kettle should be seen as part of the field since the players did not bring it out as a prop, which makes celebrations using it no different than dunking over the goal posts, etc. Now, I can understand not allowing the turkey leg celebration where we brought out more props because the league doesn't want to get back to the days when players carried props to celebrate with. But things like the whack-a-mole should be viewed no differently than other coordinated celebrations (potato sack race, bobsled) that are allowed in the end zone.

Bagman

Reaction score
With no disrespect to Boyzmamacita, who's posts I always read and admire, I can't believe anyone would listen to 7:10 worth of Mike Fisher commentary. He's a giant windbag.

rambo2

Reaction score
With no disrespect to Boyzmamacita, who's posts I always read and admire, I can't believe anyone would listen to 7:10 worth of Mike Fisher commentary. He's a giant windbag.
How would you know if you don't watch? He has a lot of good content.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
He also said it's the same thing. It's not.
Dallas disrespected the Washington team in a blowout by throwing a bomb for a TD in a game that was already out of reach and then handing out turkey legs after it......no different than Kittle with a undershirt on with a slur on it......just like when Kittle did it, Fans on here were outraged by it so I can see why Washinton fans were upset by it too...

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Dallas disrespected the Washington team in a blowout by throwing a bomb for a TD in a game that was already out of reach and then handing out turkey legs after it......no different than Kittle with a undershirt on with a slur on it......just like when Kittle did it, Fans on here were outraged by it so I can see why Washinton fans were upset by it too...
There is a big difference there, though. It's up to Washington to stop us from scoring. Nobody can stop a guy from wearing a shirt especially when nobody knew he was wearing it till he revealed it.

And FTR, I don't really care that Kittle wore that shirt. I cared that we didn't show up for that game.

Mark

Reaction score
You can't really believe a professional sports league should be okay with players showing off "Bleep those guys" t-shirts during games.
Totally agree. For all the rough-around-the-edges types they are forced to employ, the League eagerly - and quite wisely - wishes to remain a family-friendly show.

To those who think Kittle's stunt (which in no way, with straight face, may be characterized as a good-natured "celebration") was on par with the Kettle-leap, which event would you prefer to have your 8-year-old son witness, or emulate?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not the same, though. Even if they're both insults in your opinion, that doesn't make it the same. One was aimed at a team/city. The other was continuation of an annual celebration against all opponents.

Dakota

Reaction score
Go to the 7:10 mark to hear him say the Kettle turkey celebration is the same as Kittle's **** Dallas T-shirt. I totally disagree. One is an insult aimed at a specific organization. The other is an annual tradition regardless of opponent.

What a Froidian slip, "Bland is going to the Pro Bowl". The goal is to not go to the Pro Bowl. Only players not playing in the Super Bowl go to the Pro Bowl. But on the other hand, who doesn't enjoy a competetive game of flag football and the chance to watch your star players have some fun.