Mike Leach on QB accuracy

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am going to be aggressive here...You Dak haters are stupid. Just plain stupid. Guy completes about 2/3 of his passes. YAC is solid. No one says Dak is Brees but can’t you haters factor in how bad the system he plays in is. Especially for him. Yet he still has gone to the playoffs twice in 3 years. Guy just turned 25. What the hell is wrong with you guys? Did you even watch the Atlanta game? That crap normally gets coaches fired. Not in Jerry’s world. That is just an example of what that young QB has had to deal with. He’s a winner. Arrow still points up for the guy plus his intangibles are tip top. For the love of God stop being so stupid.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cooper seems to have a different view, asking how many WR who switch teams in the middle of the year achieve 1000 yards receiving
“When I got to the Cowboys, it just worked out perfectly,” Cooper told NESN. “It seemed like it was God-ordained or something like that. Actually, I know it was God-ordained. Me and Dak were just on the same page as soon as I got there. Chemistry-wise, we kind of knew what each other liked already.”

The chemistry was evident in multiple big games as Prescott looked for his play-making wide receiver in the most critical moments. Cooper caught eight passes for 180 yards and two touchdowns in a 31-23 victory over the Washington Commanders on Thanksgiving day, showing off the ease in which he created big plays. Against the Eagles, Cooper became the only player in NFL history to bring in three go-ahead touchdowns receptions in the fourth quarter or later. He brought in 10 passes for 217 yards and three touchdowns in a 29-23 victory, catching the game-winning pass in overtime.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...fXLEUJaZKznaiD1NSZo9fI2OCRglBKDLlAFiF2vv_tC7A

Funny a guy who has no accuracy as some claim managed in mid season to click with a WR he had little time with. It was said after the trade if Cooper could not get it done with Carr why would anyone think Dak would do any better? Maybe because Dak is a better QB than Carr.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
There really are some "special" folks around here

It's "He has to be propped up by elite talent", "all QBs do", "NOT BRADY". Then they get mad when there are stats and facts that show how close they are to those upper echelon QBs in certain situations. "ARE YOU REALLY COMPARING DAK TO BRADY AFTER I JUST COMPARED DAK TO BRADY". Lmao.

It's simple.
If you dont think Dak is a "good"/average starting QB then your knowledge of football just isn't there.
If you're saying Dak isnt the most accurate in the league or top four or whatever then you're right, if you think Dak is inaccurate as a whole, again you're just not a bright person.

The baseless babble such as "he's a football player more than he is a QB", well no actually he's a football player and a QB. Which is pretty obvious.

It's beyond ridiculous. There's so few that think Dak is the best QB ever yada yada like WillFreedom does, there are so many more that take every chance to disparage Dak, just like @erod taking a random clip of Mike Gundy, even if there is absolutely no relevance. It's nuts. Y'all make people have to love Dak to make up for how ridiculously stupid and baseless your arguments are against him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact is not every team can have a Tier 1 QB and that doesn't assure them of a SB anyway. And these QB's that keep coming up in comparisons are not playing here anyway.

That bird in the hand is worth two in the bush applies when we see just how many fails there are at 1st round QB's and QB's in general. Another old saying, the grass is always greener, applies as well and considering the line of QB's we've seen since Aikman, might want to be happier with what we've got and focus more attention around him?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper seems to have a different view, asking how many WR who switch teams in the middle of the year achieve 1000 yards receiving
“When I got to the Cowboys, it just worked out perfectly,” Cooper told NESN. “It seemed like it was God-ordained or something like that. Actually, I know it was God-ordained. Me and Dak were just on the same page as soon as I got there. Chemistry-wise, we kind of knew what each other liked already.”

The chemistry was evident in multiple big games as Prescott looked for his play-making wide receiver in the most critical moments. Cooper caught eight passes for 180 yards and two touchdowns in a 31-23 victory over the Washington Commanders on Thanksgiving day, showing off the ease in which he created big plays. Against the Eagles, Cooper became the only player in NFL history to bring in three go-ahead touchdowns receptions in the fourth quarter or later. He brought in 10 passes for 217 yards and three touchdowns in a 29-23 victory, catching the game-winning pass in overtime.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...fXLEUJaZKznaiD1NSZo9fI2OCRglBKDLlAFiF2vv_tC7A

Funny a guy who has no accuracy as some claim managed in mid season to click with a WR he had little time with. It was said after the trade if Cooper could not get it done with Carr why would anyone think Dak would do any better? Maybe because Dak is a better QB than Carr.
He certainly is for Cooper.

erod

Reaction score
There really are some "special" folks around here

It's "He has to be propped up by elite talent", "all QBs do", "NOT BRADY". Then they get mad when there are stats and facts that show how close they are to those upper echelon QBs in certain situations. "ARE YOU REALLY COMPARING DAK TO BRADY AFTER I JUST COMPARED DAK TO BRADY". Lmao.

It's simple.
If you dont think Dak is a "good"/average starting QB then your knowledge of football just isn't there.
If you're saying Dak isnt the most accurate in the league or top four or whatever then you're right, if you think Dak is inaccurate as a whole, again you're just not a bright person.

The baseless babble such as "he's a football player more than he is a QB", well no actually he's a football player and a QB. Which is pretty obvious.

It's beyond ridiculous. There's so few that think Dak is the best QB ever yada yada like WillFreedom does, there are so many more that take every chance to disparage Dak, just like @erod taking a random clip of Mike Gundy, even if there is absolutely no relevance. It's nuts. Y'all make people have to love Dak to make up for how ridiculously stupid and baseless your arguments are against him.

First off, it's Mike Leach, not Mike Gundy. But Gundy probably agrees, too.

There's a long list of coaches and quarterbacks that have said this about Dak.

Sturm is a good listen and read, but he's got a "god" complex when it comes to certain issues. This is one of them.

The truth is, it's PAINFULLY obvious when you watch the games.

Defensive coordinators toy with Dak, especially in the red zone. The Cowboys are one of the lowest scoring teams in the NFL, and it's because of Dak primarily.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Sturm is a good listen and read, but he's got a "god" complex when it comes to certain issues. This is one of them.

Defensive coordinators toy with Dak, especially in the red zone. The Cowboys are one of the lowest scoring teams in the NFL, and it's because of Dak primarily.

Weird how the redzone wasn’t a problem in 2016 or 2017 with Dak as QB.

Must have needed an extra year of tape to figure that part out.

LOL that Sturm is the one with a god complex on certain topics. Might be a little bit of projection going on with that one.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He certainly is for Cooper.

Considering they only played a half season together and this was the 1st season for Gallup. I think a full off season working together and the simple fact most Rookie WR never hit their stride until their 2nd season I expect big things for Dak and this team.

erod

Reaction score
I am going to be aggressive here...You Dak haters are stupid. Just plain stupid. Guy completes about 2/3 of his passes. YAC is solid. No one says Dak is Brees but can’t you haters factor in how bad the system he plays in is. Especially for him. Yet he still has gone to the playoffs twice in 3 years. Guy just turned 25. What the hell is wrong with you guys? Did you even watch the Atlanta game? That crap normally gets coaches fired. Not in Jerry’s world. That is just an example of what that young QB has had to deal with. He’s a winner. Arrow still points up for the guy plus his intangibles are tip top. For the love of God stop being so stupid.

And yet, scoring a touchdown for this team is like studying Calculus with a Mandarin-speaking professor.

Why is that?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Yep.. it’s like we have another handicap. We already have to overcome our GM and HC surrounding them with enough . Now we have to surround our QB.

It’s a shame cause I like Dak. He’s a Gamer. Never quits. The Gump type. Gives you everything he has. Just wish he was a more prolific passer.

Now Leach is the kind of OC I’d like to see try to develop Dak. That’s the kind of help would be nice to mentor Daks skill set.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yep.. it’s like we have another handicap. We already have to overcome our GM and HC surrounding them with enough . Now we have to surround our QB.

It’s a shame cause I like Dak. He’s a Gamer. Never quits. The Gump type. Gives you everything he has. Just wish he was a more prolific passer.

Now Leach is the kind of OC I’d like to see try to develop Dak. That’s the kind of help would be nice to mentor Daks skill set.

Every team in the league, has to surround their QB with talent. Every single one.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
"Other players make Dak look better, good QBs make other players look better"

Cooper gets traded to the team and going from Carr to Dak makes Cooper go from afterthought to a star. He made Cooper better.

"He can't win without Zeke, Zeke makes the offense go not Dak"
Well the team averages 20.57 points per game in the 7 games Zeke has missed the last two years. Which is more than when Zeke has played the last two years, but sure it's Zeke. And the team is 4-3 in those games. The last two years we average more yards per pass attempt AND more yards per carry when he's not on the field than on the field too. But dont let facts fool you.

What am I missing?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Weird how the redzone wasn’t a problem in 2016 or 2017 with Dak as QB.

Must have needed an extra year of tape to figure that part out.

LOL that Storm is the one with a god complex on certain topics. Might be a little bit of projection going on with that one.
Great point . It wasn’t as big of problem. I’d say losing Dez and Witten really hurt us in Redzone this year.

erod

Reaction score

Dak is not horrible. But he's not that good either.

Hanging $150 million on him is not much different than the deals signed with Osweiler, Keenum, Culpepper, Tannehill, Schaub, Hoyer, Bortles, Glennon, old Palmer, etc, etc, etc.....

We can't be that team, can we?

Make him play and earn it another year under this contract.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Great point . It wasn’t as big of problem. I’d say losing Dez and Witten really hurt us in Redzone this year.

Agreed.

Dak isn’t perfect. He was part of the issues.

But he has also performed pretty well in the redzone with the right players around him too.

So erod insinuating the redzone issues are solely because of Dak, doesn’t hold water.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Every team in the league, has to surround their QB with talent. Every single one.
Not Brady and the 2nd stringers. Lol

But seriously every QB doesn’t need the leagues leading rusher, WR1 and 2 or 3 All Pro OL to be 22nd in offense.

erod

Reaction score
"Other players make Dak look better, good QBs make other players look better"

Cooper gets traded to the team and going from Carr to Dak makes Cooper go from afterthought to a star. He made Cooper better.

"He can't win without Zeke, Zeke makes the offense go not Dak"
Well the team averages 20.57 points per game in the 7 games Zeke has missed the last two years. Which is more than when Zeke has played the last two years, but sure it's Zeke. And the team is 4-3 in those games. The last two years we average more yards per pass attempt AND more yards per carry when he's not on the field than on the field too. But dont let facts fool you.

What am I missing?
What are you missing?

Subtract the completely meaningless Giants game, and readjust your average. That is terrible.

Then explain to me 15 consecutive quarters with a single touchdown.

Then please give me your reasons behind the Colts shutout and the Titans embarrassment at home.

This offense is bad, especially its passing game.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

I give you facts, you give me "if you watch the games" as if anyone here doesnt watch the games.

It's just embarrassing. That none of your arguments are fact based. None of them.

LMAO THE COWBOYS HAVE BEEN 4TH, 9TH, AND 19TH IN POINTS PER DRIVE in all three of Dak's seasons. So stop lying and saying one of the lowest scoring teams in the league. You're embarrassing yourself.

"Defensive coordinators toy with Dak, I have no evidence but I'm going to say it".