Mike McCarthy a fraud?

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Can Dalton play defense?

Dalton had a talented offense also in Cincinnati but not as talented as Dallas. So this thing that he never had talent is Bull@#$!.

Face it, Dalton is nothing more than a backup and will be for a very long time. Dak will get paid whether his in Dallas or not.

When he leaves we will become nothing more than bottom dwellers of the NFL. Take a look at Washington as an example.

The Eagles, at 1-2-1, are actually ahead of us in the division standings. We are one fluke on side kick away from being 0-4

I got news for you we're already bottom dwellers

Why would you pay "market value" to avoid losing the "key pieces" of an awful team?

MMObserver

Reaction score
The Cowboys coaching staff is the 2005 Niners in reverse.

Mike Nolan is DC instead of HC, McCarthy is HC instead of OC.

From the Wikipedia page on the 2005 Niners.....

"Despite having a better record than the 2–14 Texans and 3–13 Saints, statistics site Football Outsiders calculated that the 49ers were actually, play-for-play, not only the worst team in the NFL in 2005, but the worst team they have ever tracked."

After that disastrous 2005 season, Big Mac evaluated QBs in anticipation of the 49ers having the first overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft.

He determined that Alex Smith was the better prospect than Aaron Rodgers -- the local product from Cal who grew up dreaming to play for SF.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
But think back to our head coaching search.

It was not expansive.
No it was not.

Jerrah made a very sudden decision based on one visit

That's like asking a girl to marry you after the first date. Or after the first sleepover.

Ain't recommended.

Stop and ask other people what they think of your new flame. Go out with some friends and see what they say.

None of this took place.

I was really surprised when he actually had several top college coaches interested and they were suddenly dropped for McCarthy.

Now look at us.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The Eagles, at 1-2-1, are actually ahead of us in the division standings. We are one fluke on side kick away from being 0-4

I got news for you we're already bottom dwellers

Why would you pay "market value" to avoid losing the "key pieces" of an awful team?

What key pieces do we have? Dlaw? Jaylon Smith? Zeke? Those 3 players alone take up a significant amount of our cap. I don't trust Jerry to do the right thing in signing players. I rather put it into a QB like Dak.

Yes we are bottom dwellers. But not as bad as Washington. Wait to you see what happens when Dak leaves the team. We will be a very bad team for years to come.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

"Despite having a better record than the 2–14 Texans and 3–13 Saints, statistics site Football Outsiders calculated that the 49ers were actually, play-for-play, not only the worst team in the NFL in 2005, but the worst team they have ever tracked."

After that disastrous 2005 season, Big Mac evaluated QBs in anticipation of the 49ers having the first overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft.

He determined that Alex Smith was the better prospect than Aaron Rodgers -- the local product from Cal who grew up dreaming to play for SF.

If it was his decision to play Steele instead of Knight, then I guess he hasn't learned much being a coach and talent evaluator all these years.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score

My understanding is that Nolan thought he and Rodgers didn’t have congruent personalities so that’s why he picked Smith. He then went on to fight publicly with Smith over the legitimacy of an injury.

Yeah, you’re an idiot Nolan and I surmise our players don’t enjoy playing for you. Too early to say that with any real definition regarding this team but dude has a track record he brought here.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
No preseason

A squad made of 99% Garrett guys

Give it time
No one else had a preseason either. I keep hearing this and it make no sense to me. I guess you need an preseason to learn how to coach too .Because that stupid watermelon kick was just plain dumb stupid. I don’t know if any of these coaches are worth keeping

MMObserver

Reaction score
My understanding is that Nolan thought he and Rodgers didn’t have congruent personalities so that’s why he picked Smith. He then went on to fight publicly with Smith over the legitimacy of an injury.

Yeah, you’re an idiot Nolan and I surmise our players don’t enjoy playing for you. Too early to say that with any real definition regarding this team but dude has a track record he brought here.

My understanding was that Nolan deferred to McCarthy in the selection to select Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers, but you could be correct that as head coach he had the final say and, in any event, he was ultimately the one responsible for that decision.

But it has become pretty clear that even if he did not have the final say, Big Mac also preferred Smith over Rodgers:

"Mike McCarthy was the offensive coordinator of the 49ers in 2005, and he became the Packers coach in 2006. But Rodgers never forgot about San Francisco's decision to draft Smith, a decision to which McCarthy contributed."

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...b-playoffs-history/1nzzx8az3wtys1biwa4mxilfx3

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What key pieces do we have? Dlaw? Jaylon Smith? Zeke? Those 3 players alone take up a significant amount of our cap. I don't trust Jerry to do the right thing in signing players. I rather put it into a QB like Dak.

Yes we are bottom dwellers. But not as bad as Washington. Wait to you see what happens when Dak leaves the team. We will be a very bad team for years to come.

Dak left in the 3rd quarter and we doubled our win total for the year

I'm not "mocking" his injury

It was gruesome and I feel badly for him. As I would any player in that situation

But we're not a good team and Prescott leaving didn't make us any worse