Mike McCarthy a fraud?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Well it'd be hard for the defense to get worse, they're already on pace to break the record for points allowed by like 81, or nearly a touchdown a game...
And as bad as it has been, there are a variety of reasons it's awful. Anything could turn things around.
I just don't have a lot of confidence in the defensive coaching.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, mostly this team. Garrett had a better OL and DL for that matter. And secondary now that I think of it.
But your point is mostly correct. I was expecting a much more disciplined team and this team is not. Too many fumbles, bad blocking, too many bad angles on defense or poor *** tackling. And I think the only reason the penalties aren't sky high is because the league seems to have told the refs to tune down the flags alittle.
McCarthy inherited a poorly coached 8-8 team. No way any of us expected this to get worse.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM is an offensive coach. Our offense is humming. The defense is devoid of talent. We have the worst secondary in the NFL and the linebackers and DL aren't far behind. No coach can overcome the lack of talent we bring to the game every week. The whole unit needs a reset.

Reactions: G2

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And as bad as it has been, there are a variety of reasons it's awful. Anything could turn things around.
I stick by that the defense going to be trash until Nolan is gone. It was a dumb *** hire and most of us called it this offseason. You trying to contend and trying to rebuild a defense with the same players who played in Maranellis system. Just dumb.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I stick by that the defense going to be trash until Nolan is gone. It was a dumb *** hire and most of us called it this offseason. You trying to contend and trying to rebuild a defense with the same players who played in Maranellis system. Just dumb.
Yeah, he's been bad at every stop. I never understood the hire to begin with.
The fact that they haven't adjust back to the more traditional 4-3 after getting abused in every game is beyond me.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The offense is the least of the problems, it’s the darn defense. They gave up the most rushing yards in franchise history. What a disgrace!

Nolan is bottled sewage water but labeled perrier.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah, he's been bad at every stop. I never understood the hire to begin with.
The fact that they haven't adjust back to the more traditional 4-3 after getting abused in every game is beyond me.
And he won’t. He’s gonna stick this out. He’s gonna ride it out until Someone fires him.

Bluedocd

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith seems to have regress intellectually. He never had a high football IQ, but I swear with some of his plays and angles he's getting dumber each game.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Cleveland had the same hurdles, and they look vastly better than Dallas. New coach there, too.

Yes, but do they have a much different defensive scheme? Their OC has 16 years as an NFL coach, how many does Moore have? Their DC has had very successful teams, leading the league and his team made the SB. Has Nolan done the same?

They're using their stud running back, we are giving ours 13 carries a game.

So they're probably not changing things up that much...

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy was asked what changes could be made from a personnel or coaching front on defense after Sunday’s loss. “Well, you know we’re in a scheme change from the prior scheme here and we’re not off to a good start. The worst thing we can do is narrow everything down and be a one-call defense. I refuse to do that. That’s not the path. We have a defense that fits our players, and we have to make sure we are getting those guys in position.”

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith seems to have regress intellectually. He never had a high football IQ, but I swear with some of his plays and angles he's getting dumber each game.
DOESNT HELP THE CAUSE WHEN HE STANDS AND WATCHES. He isnt very good.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think he needs great players next to him to succeed. He's not good enough to carry the unit.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy was asked what changes could be made from a personnel or coaching front on defense after Sunday’s loss. “Well, you know we’re in a scheme change from the prior scheme here and we’re not off to a good start. The worst thing we can do is narrow everything down and be a one-call defense. I refuse to do that. That’s not the path. We have a defense that fits our players, and we have to make sure we are getting those guys in position.”
soooo MORE OF THE SAME. Great. The Giants will beat us. BOOK IT.

Hadenough

Reaction score
5-13-1 in his last 19 games

Packers are 16-3 in their last 19 games.

:omg:
There is a reason he was sitting home on the couch last season. I think he rode Rodgers shirt tail until even Rodgers couldnt carry him anymore. This team looks so undisciplined and reckless like they are playing as individuals and not being coached.

Rayman70

Reaction score
stephen Jones says no changes again:facepalm: this morning and we like our roster

Bluedocd

Reaction score
Yes, but do they have a much different defensive scheme? Their OC has 16 years as an NFL coach, how many does Moore have? Their DC has had very successful teams, leading the league and his team made the SB. Has Nolan done the same?

They're using their stud running back, we are giving ours 13 carries a game.

So they're probably not changing things up that much...
The offensive line is a patchwork quilt. Zeke is no longer explosive and he's a fumbling machine. I don't know if you really can expect things to get better by increasing the number of carries per game.

75boyz

Reaction score
The Browns coach was arguably in a worse position and his team his playing well.

Yep, and a first year coach. Not a 20 yr, just had a yr off to study film and pick my staff SB winning coach.
Rhule in Carolina as a first year guy has his squad at 2-2 after losing McCaffery for the year.

Sooooooo...

Yeah.

Go Cowboys