Mike McCarthy Changed This Team

TWOK11

Reaction score
For you stat nerds who say we have #1 offense a year ago or whatever…

McCarthy is putting on a clinic on why scheme matters and your fools gold numbers are just that.
We have the number one offense in points per game and the number three offense in yards per game. I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make? Our numbers this year are fantastic.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We have the number one offense in points per game and the number three offense in yards per game. I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make? Our numbers this year are fantastic.
If you don’t understand what I’m saying then that’s on you bud.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I'll give him credit for leading a good team through some tough losses. And I give him A LOT of credit for revising the offense so that Dak is the undisputed leader of the offense, not the running game. The running game is simply a compliment to Dak...this is Dak's offense. And really, it's Dak's team. This team needs to get a lead, so that the defense can have more opportunities to be aggressive on 1st and 2nd downs, to set up 3rd and longs. All this goes away if the Cowboys can't get a lead.

And McCarthy realizes this, so the Cowboys now come out much faster, throwing right off the bat. No more run, run, pass to start the game. About time.

BUT, I still don't trust McCarthy's game management decisions. I hope he gets better, I really do.

Though today, he lined up for some long FGs, thank goodness. Aubrey is so, damn, good. I hope he kicks more and stops being so needlessly aggressive on 4th downs, especially early in games.

So, for me, the book is still out on McCarthy as the Dallas HC, though he's certainly gotten better...and the consecutive home wins are truly impressive. But if he bungles clock management or goes for it on 4th down in a strange situation in the playoffs, and costs this team in a close game, all this current praise will be for naught....no matter how many home games in a row this team wins.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Our players obviously love him. They play for him. They play for each other because of his leadership and Dak is helping to create that Super Bowl culture.

I wanna stomp everyone from here and on til we get number 6

plymkr

Reaction score
I mentioned it in game threads but this guy is on the verge or getting us to multiple double digit seasons. Unfortunately he was saddled with Moore or we would be 2 seasons ahead I believe on O and Daks progression. This is a true Super Bowl contender. He’s a true leader!
3 years ago I wanted him gone. 2 years ago I would have said No. now I’m a believer in Mike. Especially after this game. He has changed the team.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Philly D got ROBOCOP cheesecaked yep not a steak.

Hey Eagles and your trash can fans DAK SAYS...

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I mentioned it in game threads but this guy is on the verge or getting us to multiple double digit seasons. Unfortunately he was saddled with Moore or we would be 2 seasons ahead I believe on O and Daks progression. This is a true Super Bowl contender. He’s a true leader!
My eye test is that Dak's more comfortable doing something, by scrambling, rather than standing in the pocket hoping someone gets open. His checkdown appears to be on himself, which has extended plays and probably more importantly meant teams cant sit in coverage. It'll be interesting if he's encouraged to do if we play the 9ers again, as the three loses started from an inability to run (penalties G1, Pollard inj G2, blown away early in this years meeting).

Kingofholland

Reaction score
No head coach is perfect for example McCarthy's time management isn't always fantastic, but three years in a row heading to the playoffs hasn't been done by this team in 2 decades so there is a ton going right! Hats off to McCarthy!!

Brooksey

Reaction score
Big Mac doing a great job but a lot of work to do

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
It's not just the play calling. McCarthy has built a team of competitors. With Garrett, it always felt like we would fold at the slightest provocation, and the players were just there to do their job and complete the process.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM and this team is still being minimized, even after the big win.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
He’s done a good job, but come on now. Let’s not forget Quinn. Dallas has a never had a turnover inducing defense in the past 20+ years like Quinn’s. They took away the ball three times where Philly was on the Dallas side of the field and in scoring position (at least for field goals). People don’t seem to understand that it all works together. Had the Cowboys D played like they did against the Seahawks which became a shootout, I doubt they would’ve beat Philly.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
He’s done a good job, but come on now. Let’s not forget Quinn. Dallas has a never had a turnover inducing defense in the past 20+ years like Quinn’s. They took away the ball three times where Philly was on the Dallas side of the field and in scoring position (at least for field goals). People don’t seem to understand that it all works together. Had the Cowboys D played like they did against the Seahawks which became a shootout, I doubt they would’ve beat Philly.
Definitely! I wasn’t trying to minimize Quinn. I was just saying the level of competence and confidence they have going the O his way had trickled down to the QB and beyond.

TWOK11

Reaction score
If you don’t understand what I’m saying then that’s on you bud.
You’re saying the offense wasn’t really good the last two years despite the numbers, but that the offense is good this year and implied that was despite the numbers being inferior. Both things are objectively incorrect.

I understood what you said. I’m just saying I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make in doing so, because what you said doesn’t make any sense.