Mike McCarthy Changed This Team

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You’re saying the offense wasn’t really good the last two years despite the numbers, but that the offense is good this year and implied that was despite the numbers being inferior. Both things are objectively incorrect.

I understood what you said. I’m just saying I don’t understand what point you’re trying to make in doing so, because what you said doesn’t make any sense.
Well you can think it’s incorrect. Thankfully the head coach agreed and made changes.

phildadon86

Reaction score
For you stat nerds who say we have #1 offense a year ago or whatever…

McCarthy is putting on a clinic on why scheme matters and your fools gold numbers are just that.
I am still waitiing for Kellen Moore to show the league how amazing he is now that he has a real QB.

Oh.....Wait....Yet another one of your ridiculous takes.

Plankton

Reaction score
McCarthy might never win the big game here, but he has significantly altered the franchise’s culture.

He was a far-from-sexy hire that I was not in favor of, but I’m glad I was wrong. Once he ditched the fake-analytics bit and went back to the core of what he believes in as a coach, he’s been doing a very fine job here.
There was an article that ran in The Athletic last week speaking about McCarthy and analytics. Apparently, he was very big into them in Green Bay, and was instrumental in what they built up there. It was a pretty fascinating read.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
There was an article that ran in The Athletic last week speaking about McCarthy and analytics. Apparently, he was very big into them in Green Bay, and was instrumental in what they built up there. It was a pretty fascinating read.
Not sure how much his investment, so to speak, in analytics mattered - but he was always way ahead of the curve as far as passing on first down.

Ghostwriter

Reaction score
I mentioned it in game threads but this guy is on the verge or getting us to multiple double digit seasons. Unfortunately he was saddled with Moore or we would be 2 seasons ahead I believe on O and Daks progression. This is a true Super Bowl contender. He’s a true leader!

I mentioned it in game threads but this guy is on the verge or getting us to multiple double digit seasons. Unfortunately he was saddled with Moore or we would be 2 seasons ahead I believe on O and Daks progression. This is a true Super Bowl contender. He’s a true leader!
Before the season, my wife asked me if MM was or should be on the hot seat. I told her that, IMO, this is actually the first season where you can legitimately start evaluating him as Cowboys HC. Told her that Jerry forced Kellen Moore on him and that now, we'll see what the offense looks like under MM's philosophy and approach. That when you hire a new HC, you let him hire his staff, then hold him/them accountable for results.

I think the offense was relying too heavily on the short passing game earlier in the season, but things seemed to take off when they started to stretch the field with the vertical passing game. Last several games, they seemed to mix the short/intermediate/deep passes well while also maintaining the running game in balance. Plus, they're involving Cooks more, and Ferguson is emerging as a viable threat.

They're developing an offensive identity and approach. Under KM, they seemed to be overly reliant on deep passes, unnecessarily got away from the run game at times, and ran crazy trick plays at questionable times. MM seems to be bringing a clear philosophy and cohesion to the playcalling. And he seems to genuinely care about his players.

Big_D

Reaction score
Before the season, my wife asked me if MM was or should be on the hot seat. I told her that, IMO, this is actually the first season where you can legitimately start evaluating him as Cowboys HC. Told her that Jerry forced Kellen Moore on him and that now, we'll see what the offense looks like under MM's philosophy and approach. That when you hire a new HC, you let him hire his staff, then hold him/them accountable for results.

I think the offense was relying too heavily on the short passing game earlier in the season, but things seemed to take off when they started to stretch the field with the vertical passing game. Last several games, they seemed to mix the short/intermediate/deep passes well while also maintaining the running game in balance. Plus, they're involving Cooks more, and Ferguson is emerging as a viable threat.

They're developing an offensive identity and approach. Under KM, they seemed to be overly reliant on deep passes, unnecessarily got away from the run game at times, and ran crazy trick plays at questionable times. MM seems to be bringing a clear philosophy and cohesion to the playcalling. And he seems to genuinely care about his players.

There was no rhyme or reason to the play calls. Down or distance didn't seem to factor in. The stupid trick plays happened way too often and if they didn't hit the home run, they usually struck out. Mike brings a level of experience and coaching that just didn't exist before. We're 13 games in and you see a huge difference from the approach to game day preparation. They're not just winging it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I am still waitiing for Kellen Moore to show the league how amazing he is now that he has a real QB.

Oh.....Wait....Yet another one of your ridiculous takes.
no one is happier Moore is gone than I am. However, he is hampered by his dumb HC Staley

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
There was no rhyme or reason to the play calls. Down or distance didn't seem to factor in. The stupid trick plays happened way too often and if they didn't hit the home run, they usually struck out. Mike brings a level of experience and coaching that just didn't exist before. We're 13 games in and you see a huge difference from the approach to game day preparation. They're not just winging it.
yeah the Broncos game of 2021 never happens this season

catiii

Reaction score
I loved the gadget play where Dak tossed up the ball as CeeDee was in motion for him to grab and end around.