Mike McCarthy dumbest coach in NFL

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
This clown completely blew the Ceedee Lamb first down challenge along with the refs. McCarthy needs to go.

1. Do you think there were assistants in the booth also advising McCarthy what they saw in the replay?
2. Do you believe the fact the team was being whipped pretty easily by the Eagles, McCarthy might have considered the time out wasted if he used the red flag and lost to be a more prized possession at that time?
3. Do you think McCarthy had confidence in getting the first down and saved the time out?
4. Is it possible, you sitting in your Fruit of the Looms and watching on TV that your perspective is not the same as the way he viewed it, thus his decision was different from yours?
5. Is it possible he is not the dumbest coach in the NFL and this is just your hurt feeling after a loss being regurgitated in your post?

6. Is it possible they saw Cee Dee's elbow on the ground as he stretched and thought they would not win the challenge?
7. And if you agree with six in any degree, and knowing the refs are human and make mistakes, even outlandish ones, is it possible, even with you "knowing in your heart that what you saw was a first down" the refs could have denied it anyway?

You go to a mechanic with a flat tire. He pulls out a huge nail. He tells you he needs to patch it. You tell him to put the nail back in and just fill it up. "It will hold the air if you push the nail in far enough," you say.

By all means let's ignore the mechanic in this scenario.

fansince68

Reaction score
Do you guys remember when MM was the coach of the Packers and Garrett was the Cowboys coach, every game Rodgers would catch us with 12 men on the field penalty. Every game! We also went through that stage of winning the coil flip and accepting the 1st half kickoff where we would promptly go 3 and out. Smh

DandyDon52

Reaction score
and the speed at which it was ran? who hurry's up on a bad call against you lol
yeah that was bizarre lol
that tells me he never considered a challenge and no one in booth said anything , which shows just how disorganized they are.
Heck they should have the tv broadcast on and then they would know

glimmerman

Reaction score
They likely showed it on the big screen. I am sure Lamb and other probly telling him he got it. At least call a time out.

75boyz

Reaction score
Lemme see I'm scared to comment at the risk of piling on and becoming a so called HC troll.
But since there are already
Dak Trolls,Rush Trolls,Zeke Trolls, Kellen Trolls,Jerry Trolls and even that one guy is an LVE troll...

I'll just say that I'm not his biggest fan.

Silly

Reaction score
Really? That is the way you think each half is played? Blow off playing to possibly score at the end of the first half using a time out?

I don't know. They cowboys needed to set up some offensive rhythm. They needed that first down. With every consecutive play the defense gets weaker and the offense stronger.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They likely showed it on the big screen. I am sure Lamb and other probly telling him he got it. At least call a time out.
I didn't see Lamb saying he got it. I'm not sure he, or most of the offense even knew he hadn't. The hurry up was called in advance, and they may have been so focused on that, that they never even checked.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know. They cowboys needed to set up some offensive rhythm. They needed that first down. With every consecutive play the defense gets weaker and the offense stronger.
Until you call an idiotic play.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

I am not saying they didn't need the first down. I am saying making a judgment call on McCarthy because of that play is ignorant.

There are too many variables involved to know what he saw, and what he was advised, and ultimately what he thought.

The fault finding I have here is the immediate blame for something we who watch on the TV screen seem to leap to because of our emotions.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am not saying they didn't need the first down. I am saying making a judgment call on McCarthy because of that play is ignorant.

There are too many variables involved to know what he saw, and what he was advised, and ultimately what he thought.

The fault finding I have here is the immediate blame for something we who watch on the TV screen seem to leap to because of our emotions.
There was a thread in which he explained what he was told, and why he thought challenging it would be fruitless. But at that point, he should've called a time out and changed the play, at least, unless he was planning on not getting the first down and going for it on 4th with that ridiculous pass play.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
There was a thread in which he explained what he was told, and why he thought challenging it would be fruitless. But at that point, he should've called a time out and changed the play, at least, unless he was planning on not getting the first down and going for it on 4th with that ridiculous pass play.

Who called the pass play?

Aftershock

Reaction score
Not every HC has the luxury of viewing the game from a wide-camera view up top and see yellow and red lines that indicate the LOS and first down markers. Actually, none of them do. They are worried about a thousand other things live in-gametime.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who called the pass play?
I'm guessing KM did, with MM's approval, from what I remember of the quote MM gave. Don't get me wrong, I'm not spewing venom at Mike for that incident. It seemed like one of those comedy of errors miscommunication situations. It could have been prevented, but if the pass had been caught we wouldn't even be discussing this.