Mike McCarthy dumbest coach in NFL

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Really? That is the way you think each half is played? Blow off playing to possibly score at the end of the first half using a time out?
time outs have more value in 2nd half at end of game. thats imo .
getting a 1st down at that point with a challenge is way more important than not risking a to, because you "might" need it at end of 1st half, which they didnt.

Had they got a 1st down there that could have led to a score, fg or td, and change the game.

But mike chose to not risk a to and give phil the ball in our territory instead of punting.
sometimes games are won or lost based on field position. better to punt and make phil drive a long drive there.
and if he challenges and wins, then you dont have to punt, and can keep driving.

mrmojo

Reaction score
getting a 1st down at that point with a challenge is way more important than not risking a to, because you "might" need it at end of 1st half, which they didnt.

Had they got a 1st down there that could have led to a score, fg or td, and change the game.

But mike chose to not risk a to and give phil the ball in our territory instead of punting.
sometimes games are won or lost based on field position. better to punt and make phil drive a long drive there.
and if he challenges and wins, then you dont have to punt, and can keep driving.
This^

stinkface

Reaction score
This clown completely blew the Ceedee Lamb first down challenge along with the refs. McCarthy needs to go.
Certainly the only reason we lost the game was that one call.
come-on-man-ku92mw.jpg

GINeric

Reaction score
This clown completely blew the Ceedee Lamb first down challenge along with the refs. McCarthy needs to go.

I understand your frustration, but you can't be the dumbest coach in the NFL with a Superbowl ring on your resume..... im just saying.

If that's the case then many more head coaches need to become the "dumbest".

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I'm guessing KM did, with MM's approval, from what I remember of the quote MM gave. Don't get me wrong, I'm not spewing venom at Mike for that incident. It seemed like one of those comedy of errors miscommunication situations. It could have been prevented, but if the pass had been caught we wouldn't even be discussing this.

So, you are saying that MM has to give approval of every play before it is run?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

I doubt he " chose to give" the ball to Philly. I agree losing the 4th down was critical. But there is a great deal of assumption in your ideas of what transpired. My position is simple. There are things we, as fan, do not know about the workings of that specific sequence. Labeling him the dumbest coach, which was the OP's reaction borders on being ridiculous.

What I find to be humorous about the time management argument so many complain about is the fact the first two years Jimmy was not that swift at managing the clock, himself.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, you are saying that MM has to give approval of every play before it is run?
No. I'm saying that what from I remember of his answer, when asked about the situation, is that they had the hurry up play already planned, and since he didn't stop and change it, he must have been okay with going ahead with the play as called.

RonWashington

Reaction score
First down challenges on measurements have never gone well . Usually they say the “ ruling on the field stands “ blah blah blah . What I never heard in the broadcast is how Noah Browns TD didn’t stand his body fell down in the end zone ? One outstanding. Catch wasted . A momentum changer . Dallas was on its way to taking a game they were down 20-0 . On the road no less .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I doubt he " chose to give" the ball to Philly. I agree losing the 4th down was critical. But there is a great deal of assumption in your ideas of what transpired. My position is simple. There are things we, as fan, do not know about the workings of that specific sequence. Labeling him the dumbest coach, which was the OP's reaction borders on being ridiculous.

What I find to be humorous about the time management argument so many complain about is the fact the first two years Jimmy was not that swift at managing the clock, himself.
first two years Jimmy was not that swift at managing the clock, himself........jimmy was new to nfl, and with a rebuilding team , knew he would not win much
and didnt want to win those 1st 2 seasons.

Mike has been a HC in nfl since what 2009? he should not make gaffs like he has with cowboys.
AS for dumbest HC, maybe not, but he isnt exactly the smartest either.

do not know about the workings of that specific sequence...... this is true, we can only speculate with what we saw.
As fans most of what we talk about is speculation because we will never have all the info.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I heard the wifi in the stadium went down right when Mike was in the middle of looking at the analytics of the situation.

That makes sense. Could have been intentional.

In the future, the Cowboys should have someone on it, specifically. And have their connection on a separate line.