Mike McCarthy for Coach of the Year?

cowboyed

Reaction score
Jerry would never let that happen. It would take away all of Jerry's glory.
Garrett was named coach of the year when he head coached the Cowboys. Besides that Jerry doesn't decide if McCarthy or any other head coach he ever employs is named coach of the year. Also Jerry is so old that he is dangerously close to being spoon fed like a baby and have a nurse attendant to daily change his adult diaper.

slick325

Reaction score
If McCarthy gets the Cowboys to 12 wins this season he should be lauded. That's whether he wins Coach of the Year or not. I just hope fans and the media remember that the organization (read Jerry and Stephen Jones) did absolutely nothing to help in the offseason. As a matter of fact, Jerry Jones said they will "have to win with less."

The only hope is improvement from within. If the 2023 and 2024 draft classes make big contributions that is on the coaching staff headed by McCarthy and he should get the credit. The front office didn't add much in free agency, even less than usual. Nor via trade to help this 2024 team. A 12 win type season under those conditions with a lame duck title and lame duck QB should stamp Big Mike as an excellent football coach. Flaws and all.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’m not sure about coach of the year, and McCarthy has his flaws but right now MM is not a huge concern for me with this organization and I think overall he’s done pretty good. Post season success needs to come obviously but he has us in the hunt and in the running every year, now he needs to capitalize on it
I think he needs a first round win to survive.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I like McCarthy as our head coach for the most part. Would you rather have the Clapping Clown back?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Biggest moments? Heck he can't even en handle penalties and discipline if it wasn't for Quinn turning the defense around in year 2 he'd been fired then.
All true brother and if I could add clock management into his collection of weaknesses.
That has also gone a long way to provide us with added embarrassment as cowboy fans

Blackrain

Reaction score
It's all just swell for the last couple decades Garrett was the king of getting us to eight and eight and missing the playoffs leaving us in NFL purgatory not bad enough to draft well and not good enough to compete in the tournament.

McCarthy has been the champion of the 12 win season we make it to the playoffs but the early exits are actually more embarrassing and gut-wrenching then suffering through knowing Garrett wouldn't get us there at all.

So we get to the playoffs and we play in one more game are we really any better off no we're still no closer to the super bowl and we draft farther back.

John813

Reaction score
Hell, with the lack of talent being retained or added, going 12-5 again, with the schedule as is, should get him some votes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It does for me. Like I said, I think MM has been a pretty good coach here, but if another coach did the same but also with some success in the post season, I don't know how you could ignore that difference.
Well with all due respect this thread is about the Coach of the Year award lol….you’re making your own rules for it lol.

gtb1943

Reaction score
It's all just swell for the last couple decades Garrett was the king of getting us to eight and eight and missing the playoffs leaving us in NFL purgatory not bad enough to draft well and not good enough to compete in the tournament.

McCarthy has been the champion of the 12 win season we make it to the playoffs but the early exits are actually more embarrassing and gut-wrenching then suffering through knowing Garrett wouldn't get us there at all.

So we get to the playoffs and we play in one more game are we really any better off no we're still no closer to the super bowl and we draft farther back.
Higher level of mediocrity maybe?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't really care. Just get to the SB.
Many still may say the NFCCG. However, if they do, many will still whine they lost the game.

So SB or bust.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Higher level of mediocrity maybe?
You hit that right on the head that really says it all Jerry has fine-tuned his level of mediocrity with the coach that can theoretically give us a little better chance but still come up empty in the end

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't really care. Just get to the SB.
Many still may say the NFCCG. However, if they do, many will still whine they lost the game.

So SB or bust.
I think most people would consider nfccg would be an improvement and step in the right direction....long as we go down fighting.

gtb1943

Reaction score
People really gonna be mad when we make the playoffs again lmao. And they call themselves fans lol.
you still going to be all pollyanna when we once again crap the bed in the playoffs?
with the virtual same cast of characters but a lesser roster what will be the difference?
I have some hope for ZImmer but with that being the only positive change I doubt we will go far.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
you still going to be all pollyanna when we once again crap the bed in the playoffs?
with the virtual same cast of characters but a lesser roster what will be the difference?
I have some hope for ZImmer but with that being the only positive change I doubt we will go far.
Bro you made up a whole argument with yourself. I said people are gonna be really mad when we make the playoffs again, that's it, nothing else. The narrative is we not even gonna make the playoffs. Stay on topic.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we win 12 games again, and McCarthy is named coach of the year, no one is going to care if we don’t go deep in the playoffs. However, I don’t see McCarthy winning coach of the year. I think this will be his last season with the Cowboys.