Mike McCarthy has been beyond horrible this season as Head Coach

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry is 78. net worth is 8.6 Billion USD.

If Jerry wants to win, then time is not on Big Mike's side.

There are many coaches who want the job.
he will get 3 seasons, marked improvement by end if season needed like 2nd round or better in playoffs to get a 4th year..thats my best feel for MM time frame..
he deserves 3 and this was a pass for year that players injurys, off season issues, and the FAs never panned out..hes coaching a preseason roster , you get an I for incomplete..

khiladi

Reaction score
Would the Jets, Jags, Texans, Giants, Vikes, or Falcons coaching staff suit you better?

If other teams have awful coaches and players that may be worse than ours, does that mean we should follow the mediocrity?

khiladi

Reaction score
When Big Mike was hired, I said that we needed to see wins.

It didn't work.

We need a new coach that will recruit talented coaches, and not his old buddies and best friends.

Yeah, most people don’t realize that many of the coaches here, like Philbin are his old buddies and best friends. I’m more than glad Columbo is gone with Garrett, who also brought back Dooley to the Giants, but there are plenty of other talented coaches one can hire.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
he will get 3 seasons, marked improvement by end if season needed like 2nd round or better in playoffs to get a 4th year..thats my best feel for MM time frame..
he deserves 3 and this was a pass for year that players injurys, off season issues, and the FAs never panned out..hes coaching a preseason roster , you get an I for incomplete..

Jerry will be 81/82 by then.

Does he gamble his time on a coach who blew up the season? who's best buddy is Nolan? and Philbin as the OL coach?

Or go out and find another head coach....

garyo1954

Reaction score
If other teams have awful coaches and players that may be worse than ours, does that mean we should follow the mediocrity?

Your choice. If Big Mac is bad, how bad are the rest of the coaches around the league?

khiladi

Reaction score
Your choice. If Big Mac is bad, how bad are the rest of the coaches around the league?

The Texans suck because they stuck around with a bad coach for years. The Giants suck because they chose an awful play caller in Garrett, who sucked. Atlanta contributed to suck because they are going with Quinn.

I’m not sure what your point is? I’m not saying let’s hire these retreads. Is that what you are saying? I’m all for letting McCarthy take over play calling from Moore, because Moore has proven as a coach, he’s in over his head right now.

garyo1954

Reaction score
The Texans suck because they stuck around with a bad coach for years. The Giants suck because they chose an awful play caller in Garrett, who sucked. Atlanta contributed to suck because they are going with Quinn.

I’m not sure what your point is? I’m not saying let’s hire these retreads. Is that what you are saying? I’m all for letting McCarthy take over play calling from Moore, because Moore has proven as a coach, he’s in over his head right now.

Its not an argument. Its a question. Sorry you didn't understand it. I can't help you there. You have to read what is written, not what you think was being said.

khiladi

Reaction score
Its not an argument. Its a question. Sorry you didn't understand it. I can't help you there. You have to read what is written, not what you think was being said.

There are plenty of coaches not sitting at 2-6 and have better records also..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I imagine coaching this team this year is like play ping pong using a teaspoon for a paddle. Sure, winning isn't impossible, but the other guy has a paddle!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This is a horribly coached football team.

Name one improvement this team has made compared to last season.

McCarthy HAS to be gone at the end of this year.
I agree McCarthy is struggling.

I definitely think his staff is not a well oiled machine.

There was not one assistant he hired that was considered a good coach at their area.

Nolan was the worst and then the poor FA parade of failures on defense compounded everything.

McCarthy got a 5 year deal so he is not leaving anytime soon.

But as for the rest of the coaches..we need to be looking. We also could use a new OL coach..that used to be our crown jewel.

gongjr

Reaction score
The offense is WAY better, injuries notwithstanding.

The defense had no chance to be better, because the talent got significantly worse.

I just can't call an offense that continually turned over the ball before any injuries way better. It takes all sides of the ball to get down double digit scores in every game, and this was before the injuries. I'm fine with a mulligan because of COVID, but this was bad from the start.

J12B

Reaction score
I agree McCarthy is struggling.

I definitely think his staff is not a well oiled machine.

There was not one assistant he hired that was considered a good coach at their area.

Nolan was the worst and then the poor FA parade of failures on defense compounded everything.

McCarthy got a 5 year deal so he is not leaving anytime soon.

But as for the rest of the coaches..we need to be looking. We also could use a new OL coach..that used to be our crown jewel.

Did he really get a 5 year deal?

That's so sick to think he could be here that long.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is how you look up 1 day and realize it's been 20 years since this team accomplished anything.

You gotta fail.. Fail again.. Fail again.. THEN we can make change.

Just move on. It was a bad hire and he's not shown a single thing worth keeping him.
I don't think any team would fire their coach after only one season and with the circumstances.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If mike continues to be a good puppet, then he will get at least 10 years !:eek:
And if you guys dont blame him, then surely the jones boys wont either.

Other teams had the same offseason, and a bunch of injurys and players out with covid, and have looked better than the cowboys.
Wade and Campo didn't get 10 years. McCarthy isn't a Jason Garrett - a guy Jerry envisioned being his own personal Tom Landry.