Mike McCarthy raves about Dak's work ethic and focus as he plays through his contract negotiations

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You know a player really sucks when his coach uses those last resorts in the presser like "he is working his butt off" or "he is a great leader".
But this time he said, “He’s the best I’ve ever been around”. Are you dyslexic?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I'm glad you mentioned Nick Foles. I'm going to toss one more quarterback in there. Trent Dilpher.

I agree with everything you had to say regarding Dak. With that said, this is still a team sport, but you've mentioned things that DAK did or didn't do in a certain amount of years.

That's fair. Ok, so if that's the way we judge quarterbacks, shouldn't we respect and revereTrent Dilpher and Nick Foles MORE than we do Dan Marino and Jim Kelly?? This thing is bigger than regular season success.

Foles and Dilpher led their teams to Superbowl victories. Marino and Kelly couldn't. Therefore according to holding quarterbacks accountable in a team sport, that places Foles and Dilpher ahead of Marino and Kelly as far as the "respect for winning quarterbacks" go, am I right?

We also need to put Foles and Dilpher in the same category as Aaron Rodgers. These three quarterbacks all won one Superbowl apiece. Correct???
This is such a ridiculous argument. It is based entirely on a SB victory as the measure of success. It also ignores a host of extenuating circumstances not fully shared among all your examples.

Very few fans here, if any, would dog Prescott if he played well through the entirety of a SB or NFCCG only to suffer a loss because of deficiencies in other areas of the team. To date, every playoff loss is in part because the offense went productionless for long stretches before a furious comeback attempt after the game is pretty much decided.

Marino and Rodgers aren't even in the same conversation as Foles. Dilpher and Prescott when considering how far they did actually get their flawed teams.

Foles was a backup making backup money who made some legit clutch plays to help his team win one. Dilpher was a backup posing as a starter who rode a generational defense and a top notch running game to help his team win one. Prescott hasn't taken advantage of his opportunities to make those legit clutch plays to help his team advance to the levels all your examples did.

So, no. We don't have to put all your examples in the same class. It would be foolish to do so.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At work ethic and focus, not talent or leadership. I read the post, did you? MM wasn't calling Dak the best QB he's ever been around. Somehow you ended up with a totally different interpretation.
I never said that he was the best QB he’s ever been around. WTH is wrong with you?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This is such a ridiculous argument. It is based entirely on a SB victory as the measure of success. It also ignores a host of extenuating circumstances not fully shared among all your examples.

Very few fans here, if any, would dog Prescott if he played well through the entirety of a SB or NFCCG only to suffer a loss because of deficiencies in other areas of the team. To date, every playoff loss is in part because the offense went productionless for long stretches before a furious comeback attempt after the game is pretty much decided.

Marino and Rodgers aren't even in the same conversation as Foles. Dilpher and Prescott when considering how far they did actually get their flawed teams.

Foles was a backup making backup money who made some legit clutch plays to help his team win one. Dilpher was a backup posing as a starter who rode a generational defense and a top notch running game to help his team win one. Prescott hasn't taken advantage of his opportunities to make those legit clutch plays to help his team advance to the levels all your examples did.

So, no. We don't have to put all your examples in the same class. It would be foolish to do so.
Also why did he bring up Jim Kelly?

That dude has 7 more INTS than TDs in the playoffs.

Dak fans will tell you that isn't a huge reason why his Bills team never won anything though. Because "team" stuff.

rambo2

Reaction score
It's not just that. Heck, most people 100% supported Dak some time ago. It's just that it's been too long since there has been any progress.

Homers really love to ignore time. For whatever reason they don't care about the last 28 years and they don't care about the Cowboys play off performance since Dak took office.

I mean he's doing the exact same thing he's done in his inaugural season. Leading the team to a great regular season and early play off exit. Back then I supported him as the starting QB in the play offs even with Romo returning. Simply because he had earned it. And while of course disappointing I didn't have that much of a problem with the loss because I thought it was just the beginning. The beginning of something great.

Little did I know that that was his ceiling right there. He was and always will be the classical bus driver. He goes as far as the team goes. Can't push it one inch further.

So could he win more play off games this year? Sure, if all stars align for this team he could have his Nick Foles moment. But since that hasn't worked in 8 years I'm just ready for a new guy. Jerry held on for too long to Romo, now he's doing the same thing with Dak.
More like a John Elway moment than a Nick Foles moment.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Well welcome to NFL football!!! There are multitudes of players who have this same bravery who already got more money than they can ever spend and waiting to see if they can enough money for 3 lifetimes.

This is nothing new and the Dallas Cowboys aren't the first team to have a player or players demand these salaries.
Really??

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's no different than when golfers or hockey players try to get the biggest contracts they can to feed their baby mammas and new kids. So why should it be different for football players?
Yeah, like we'd be any different than Dak, if in his shoes....

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Also why did he bring up Jim Kelly?

That dude has 7 more INTS than TDs in the playoffs.

Dak fans will tell you that isn't a huge reason why his Bills team never won anything though. Because "team" stuff.
The biggest reason is probably their kicker missing a chip shot but go ahead and blame Kelly.