Mike McCarthy raves about Dak's work ethic and focus as he plays through his contract negotiations

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The biggest reason is probably their kicker missing a chip shot but go ahead and blame Kelly.
I would say having 7 more INTs than TDs in the playoffs is a huge problem.

I know you Dak fans want nothing more than to downplay the importance of the QB position, but your wants don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I have no doubt that Dak has a great work ethic, and is able to put all this noise behind him. We all know it's easy to do this knowing that he will con some team into signing him to a stupid contract in the off-season, and it won't be Jerry. If we don't sign him, and it's the Raiders or NYG that does, neither is close to a title so all the money they' be paying him would be a waste

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I'm glad these two have each other.

Lame ducks recognize lame ducks.
Seriously. The guy says Dak is "as good as any he's ever been around"......

Didn't he coach a couple guys named Favre and Rodgers?

Talk about hyperbole....

Or just blatant dishonesty. Either way a ridiculous statement for sure

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Talk about hyperbole....

It's not the first time he's bold faced lied to the media.

He thought it was super funny that he lied about all that tape he watched while he was jobless.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Talk about hyperbole....

You haters need to read more, travel more or somehow broaden your horizons. MM was talking about Dak being the best he’s seen at handling contract negotiations and not allowing it to interfere with his preparation. Either you chose to ignore that fact or you didn’t understand the English. Which one is it?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hey hater

Rockport when he enters any thread.
giphy.webp

Chasing6

Reaction score
I have no doubt that Dak has a great work ethic, and is able to put all this noise behind him. We all know it's easy to do this knowing that he will con some team into signing him to a stupid contract in the off-season, and it won't be Jerry. If we don't sign him, and it's the Raiders or NYG that does, neither is close to a title so all the money they' be paying him would be a waste
Steelers

GINeric

Reaction score
This is such a ridiculous argument. It is based entirely on a SB victory as the measure of success. It also ignores a host of extenuating circumstances not fully shared among all your examples.

Very few fans here, if any, would dog Prescott if he played well through the entirety of a SB or NFCCG only to suffer a loss because of deficiencies in other areas of the team. To date, every playoff loss is in part because the offense went productionless for long stretches before a furious comeback attempt after the game is pretty much decided.

Marino and Rodgers aren't even in the same conversation as Foles. Dilpher and Prescott when considering how far they did actually get their flawed teams.

Foles was a backup making backup money who made some legit clutch plays to help his team win one. Dilpher was a backup posing as a starter who rode a generational defense and a top notch running game to help his team win one. Prescott hasn't taken advantage of his opportunities to make those legit clutch plays to help his team advance to the levels all your examples did.

So, no. We don't have to put all your examples in the same class. It would be foolish to do so.

Either winning is a quarterback stat or a team stat.... which one is it? When one team fails to do something, it's on the quarterback. When another team fails to do something it's on the team.

When will the hypocrisy and double standard end??

If it's about quarterbacks winning when it really counts then yes, Foles and Dilpher should be given more credit than Kelly and Marino according to the standards I've read here.

I have absolutely no problems with those standards, BUT..... IF standards are in place for one quarterback then, we measure all by the same standards. It can't be one way for this argument and then another way for a different quarterback's argument. Nah....

GINeric

Reaction score
Personally I think Marino was something different. He breathed Superbowl air, he made it to conference finals. With him you had the feeling that it could happen any year. I honestly haven't felt it with Dak since January 22. Not anymore.

And that's not just because of the play off results. It's because of regular season games against KC or SF, that also made it pretty obvious. Some pieces of the puzzle are missing here and imo, while of course not the only one, Dak unfortunately is one of them.

But as I wrote in another thread, if they extend him I'll be there every January hoping for the best and wish him luck. I just won't let those stat padding regular season wins against the little guys get my hopes up anymore. 12-5 by itself means nothing.

Great post. Marino was special, but not good enough to win a Superbowl. Nick Foles and Trent Dilpher won a Superbowl. So I'm trying to figure out how I should assess that situation according to expectations placed on quarterbacks in a team game.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah, takes bravery to concentrate on your job if you've already got more money than you can spend, and are waiting to see if you can get enough money for 3 lifetimes or not.
I agree, unbelievable bravery and concentration when you’re going to make 34,000,000 dollars between now and January. I’m amazed at how brave he is. Hopefully his girlfriend can do some couponing on the side to save a few bucks during this lean year. So, so brave.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree, unbelievable bravery and concentration when you’re going to make 34,000,000 dollars between now and January. I’m amazed at how brave he is. Hopefully his girlfriend can do some couponing on the side to save a few bucks during this lean year. So, so brave.
Duesche. He could easily hold out if he wanted to.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Great post. Marino was special, but not good enough to win a Superbowl. Nick Foles and Trent Dilpher won a Superbowl. So I'm trying to figure out how I should assess that situation according to expectations placed on quarterbacks in a team game.
I'm not trying to tell anyone what to think. Heck I wouldn't have any problem even with the hardest homers if they'd stop telling other people what a "true" fan is or to go follow another team.

So my personal approach is some kind of lethargy lol. I enjoy the wins but won't let them get me hyped all up anymore. I know stats padding when I see it. Stopped buying merch too.

On the other hand I'm looking forward to watching the new o line gel, our seconary, the development of Fergie, FGs from Aubrey... playmaker catches from CD. There are still quite a few things to enjoy about this team. So that's fine.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I believe Dak is an adult that works at his craft and truly wants to be the best he can be.........and that's where it ends. We've seen his ceiling.

I don't believe hes wasted one iota of God given talent.....it's just not enough
Dak's not holding back. He is giving/has given all he has to give.
And that unfortunately will never be enough.
For any team with SB hopes.