Twitter: Mike McCarthy says offense will be different

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
a

and with a shortened and abreviated offseason were probably looking at a team that takes 2 months to figure it out....which means the defense is going to need to keep them in games for the first half of the year...hate to say it, but this year feels like a 6-10 type of rebuild year with some solid wins down the back stretch but some a really bad start to the year....hope i am wrong but just has that kinda feel given the losses of personel and the changes.

Granted, i think the end result will be an amazing 2021 and 2022, but its just going to be tough in this environment.

Nope I see a strong start and finish.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I know in January he mentioned he was going to build off the old offense and try to use the same terminology but seems like the offense is going in a new direction.

What do you expect him to say, "the offense is going to remain the same"? He's not saying it will be better, just different. This is nothing to get excited about. A new direction does not mean the right direction.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Yes, this offseason will be a challenge for all teams, but particularly one that has as much change and turnover as this one.

It will also negatively impact second year players and guys returning from injury.

Yes and chances are Looney will be your center based on experience.

conner01

Reaction score

I know in January he mentioned he was going to build off the old offense and try to use the same terminology but seems like the offense is going in a new direction.

Terminology doesn’t matter
It’s easier for MM to learn than trying to teach all the players
Direction is what matters so that’s gonna be interesting
I just want to see guys running wide open like we see every week from other teams

Playmaker247

Reaction score
What do you expect him to say, "the offense is going to remain the same"? He's not saying it will be better, just different. This is nothing to get excited about. A new direction does not mean the right direction.
When did I ever say right direction or better direction. I simple said he said it’s going to be different. Where’s the disconnect?

Dre11

Reaction score
Most times , but you can scheme guys open. Pick plays were drastically under used by the offense, bunch formations cause confusion and we under utilized those too

I assume, you think they have NEVER ran a play that schemed a receiver open, what do you think they did with Beasley when he was here by opening up the underneath routes for him?

Dre11

Reaction score
You're right. It comes down to gameplanning which is coaching..............................................yeah :omg:

and game planning is executed by players, mainly the Qb making the correct adjustments at the line
......yeah:omg:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When did I ever say right direction or better direction. I simple said he said it’s going to be different. Where’s the disconnect?
The disconnect is you thought I was critiquing your commentary when I was actually just making some observations of my own. Stop being so defensive. It's not always about you.

Jipper

Reaction score
Nope I see a strong start and finish.

based on what? We had the most turnover in the nfc East and a new scheme that they will be trying to install in an abrevisted offseason....I think the challenge of trying to develop a relatively different roster with new schemes in this environment is going to be hard hence a slow start to the season

Last edited:

ItzKelz

Reaction score

West Coast!!!!!!!!!!!
4384c59c32abfbb65372a8538a70d26e.gif

RoboQB

Reaction score
except you'll still see them in the west coast short passing game.

I bet we don't.
4 wide receivers all running short curls on 3rd and 10, or more
is a Garrett staple.

Only time we'll see that is when we play the Giants.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Old boy is going to add some of his WCO plays and philosophies to the playbook for Moore to call.
Moore's been calling Jason Garrett's playbook with his own wrinkles.
Now he's going to be calling the most efficient of those plays that worked and some of McCarthy's faves.
This isn't hard to figure out.

But for a WR screen fad for a while, quick hitting passes have been missing from the offense since Kitna was throwing them to Felix. I've wanted them back for years. I just hope we're *adding* that to the offense, and not just swapping out that attack in time and space to leave something else unattacked.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Which I very much like his new change. Teach Moore to run his offense. Then he can add wrinkles and make changes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If offseason is that short and not a lot of time to integrate new offense he should just use same offense and add some new plays and wrinkles. Clearly there were some elements that worked.

nope.....implement new scheme. Stop thinking short term success.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I just want more crossing routes and less routes running back towards the QB lol

Exactly. I'd love to see where we ranked with YAC across the league. So many of our completions were the receiver coming back to the QB. Meaning a lot of times he was tackled right away. Coupled with all of Witten's dinky little routes that went nowhere.