Twitter: Mike McCarthy talks Cowboys Offense

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I'm hoping Kellen Moore can make that second-year jump as a play-caller that we see most players make in the NFL. It's also interesting that McCarthy will adapt his scheme to the language the Cowboys players are already familiar with, it seems to suggest that Mike is putting success before comfort. It's not easy for a man to step outside of his comfort zone, right Jerry;)

Brax

Reaction score
I'm hoping the playcalling decision was MM's call not Jerry inserting himself.
And so it begins, more of the same, I hope you are right but it looks like JJ calling the shots. If Dak gets the big contract then JJ is still calling all the shots he just has a new puppet to pull the strings on and the fans are happy for a few more years of Jerry selling mediocracy

fivetwos

Reaction score
Head coach: "it's not about me"

Think that helped land you the payday Mike??

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They are running MMs offense...IMO its obvious that MM made the decision and based on his reasoning of the Kellen Dak relationship it makes sense to me. Its why most of us wanted Kellen back
MM said specifically in his offseason video that he decided he needed to be calling the plays next time with his offense. That it was very important. Now he is recanting?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
McCarthy: So Kellen! Prescott and you opened last season like both of you were on fire! What happened in New Orleans?
Moore: Jason.
McCarthy: Jason?
Moore: Yeah.
McCarthy: Dang.
Moore: Yeah.
Interesting, how you've been dabbling more and more with dialogue.
Me likey.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hope this is smoke and mirrors and his real plan is to build the best rushing attack in the league and use the cap space to overhaul the defense.

yah let’s build the offense around the fat, fading, lost a step, drunken idiot that just showed he isn’t worth the money.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And so it begins, more of the same, I hope you are right but it looks like JJ calling the shots. If Dak gets the big contract then JJ is still calling all the shots he just has a new puppet to pull the strings on and the fans are happy for a few more years of Jerry selling mediocracy

Either you don’t read or your not too bright. MM just said point blank he chose Dallas over other destinations because of dak. Doh!!!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'm hoping the playcalling decision was MM's call not Jerry inserting himself.
I doubt Jerrah or Stephen have much to say right now.

But once TC gets here..maybe then.

It also depends on how MM's contract reads.

The most interesting thing to me will be how it gets handled when some player Jerrah wants is out there..

but MM does not go along.

Then what happens?

I am going to think there are clearly defined boundaries for who is responsible for what when and who makes the.final decisions.

The HC or the GM?

We know how it went before.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
The grooming of Kellen for head coach in 2023 continues

garyo1954

Reaction score
Exceedingly interesting.

This is just the lead up to Jerry popping up with his announcement that, "Dak Prescott will be the QB leading the Cowboys to their next Super Bowl."

Mike put the nail in any coffin that that wasn't going to happen today.