Mike McCarthy was absolutely dreadful tonight

Mark

Reaction score
Most of the penalties were on the defense this game. Kearse is clearly our enforcer but that’s 2 games in a row where he gets us a huge penalty early in the game. Love the physicality but he has to clean up the unsportsmanlike, face mask and unnecessary roughness calls.
TWO penalties for 12 men on the field. That's just disorganization.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He should be fired for that debacle at the end of the half, alone.
Should have been fired after the first time we lost to SF in the playoffs when he said "im going to take care of the penalites in the off-season"

32BellyOption

Reaction score
MCCarthy was *** last night. And I defended him before. But come on man. LA’s pass defense sucks and is predictable and we chose to run it up the middle on 1st and 2nd down so we could get Dak in 3rd and long. Personally I’d like to see more passing in first down.

starfan1

Reaction score
Would have like to seen one attempt with motion of Ceedee or Brooks to create some seperation. One goes to the front of the end zone pylon and the other to the back of the endzone pylon. If Dak doesn't like what he see, throw it out of the endzone. Surely that can can be run within the 8 second time span.
completely agree I just was responding to the jump ball comment more than anything else

Praxit

Reaction score
..he started out really well. Offense showed spontaneous bust.

By 3rd qtr, he mellowed out. Dallas OL was having problems containing rush.

Chargers seemed to be blitzing every other play.

I was yelling, pitch it to someone or Dak bootleg, screeen, delayed draw...etc....

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
MM epítome of only weak coaches looking for one last pay day gonna take Jerry's money.

Mike McCarthy was absolutely dreadful tonight.. :facepalm:

The Way We Saw It MM Went Play For Play Calling Against K Moore Who Didn't Really Lite The Fire.

Also The Cowboy Players Executed A Lot Better
Against The Chargers..

Great Win MM & The Boyz..

A Win Is A Win..RS12 . :yourock:

Last edited:

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Glad someone posted it. He's Bozo the Clown. The only way he gets out is to turn the offense over to Schottenheimer. It's the worst since Campo otherwise. Won in spite of him tonight.
Schottenheimer isn't any better... Moore, McCarthy, Schottenheimer all one of the same...

75boyz

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm seeing people defend MM, I mean this was and has been one of he worst coaching jobs in Boys history. The lack of discipline and the stupidity is a huge coaching blunder, his terribly old boring offense is not working, and his time management is and has always been utter disaster. Regardless of wins or losses, this team if they win a super bowl(extremely unlikely) will be in spite of him, and yet if/when they lose in the playoffs will be in large part due to him like the previous two seasons
Cheers brother.
Spot on.
Lack of discipline and stupidity.
Case closed.

75boyz

Reaction score
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being best and 1 being worst, Jason Garret was a 3. Mike McCarthy is a 5. I have never felt differently about McCarthy. He is only slightly better than Garrett as a game manager, but he seems to be a little better leader than Garrett. But regardless, McCarthy is a 5 at best. We can to better, but Jerry does not look for the best coaches, he looks for the ones who will bend the knee.
This.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
The clock "management" was amateur hour. Wow.
It was not gutsy , but he is HC , he is entitled to play the way he saw the game. But his play call in the earlier 4th and 1 was absolutely wasted opp.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MG was dreadful,the line was dreadful, the flags were dreadful. There I fixed it.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Mike McCarthy was absolutely dreadful tonight.. :facepalm:

The Way We Saw It MM Went Play For Play Calling Against K Moore Who Didn't Really Lite The Fire.

Also The Cowboy Players Executed A Lot Better
Against The Chargers..

Great Win MM & The Boyz..

A Win Is A Win..RS12 . :yourock:
this. Then, if MG catches a dime by Dak, we score a long TD. MM then looks much better.