Signed by Cowboys Mike Nolan is our new Defensive Coordinator

Verdict

Reaction score
Nolan is the guy who caused the stir by refusing to wear "officially licensed NFL gear" on the sidelines, preferring the Landry suit and tie.
He was referred to as the best dressed coach in the NFL.

cern

Reaction score
Stephen is cleaning out the barn. Keep sanjay lal. Cull the rest of the old guard. I expect a lot of roster turnover. Times are a changing.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I wonder if Nolan has his players sign an Effort Contract.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
love this hire

McCarthy i'm still coming around on

Really don't know what to think, although he did have 9 playoff appearances in 13 years with the Packers...

Guess we'll see...

MS17

Reaction score
and Jimmy and was a Cowboy for his final year as a player.
Im an old timer, and really like Mike Nolan's bloodlines, i.e. father Dick Nolan. His dad was on the sidelines as a Cowboy coach with Landry during the famed ice bowl. I think Dick played a few years with Landry with NY Giants and was a Cowboy assistant later.

bewp7

Reaction score
one thing i notcied from checking out saints message boards and whatnot is that they seemed to be very high on nolan, saying he did fantastic work with their linebackers, this was a big loss for their team, he was the best defensive coach on the entire staff, etc. some even said they wish he was their dc instead of dennis allen...so that’s probably a good sign.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Have to admit, I was rooting for Marvin.
There would have been an investigation if he was hired as d coordinator. It would look like Jerry just brought him in to satisfy the Rooney rule with no intention of ever hiring him for head coach. But it is something Jerry is arrogant enough to do

ksadler1

Reaction score
Saints fans don't seem too happy about Nolan leaving, not like the Seahag fans were about Richard. Some Saints fans were even speculating about bringing Richard in. Poor *******s have no idea...haha

fansince68

Reaction score
How the times have changed. Remember how last year some of us were raving on about Richard and now most of us want to kick him to the curb :muttley:? Adios Richard!
Im assuming that Richard has been kickED to the curb....
But yes, I became tired of his schemes and refusal to adjust despite the opposition walking us down the field.

_sturt_

Reaction score
There would have been an investigation if he was hired as d coordinator. It would look like Jerry just brought him in to satisfy the Rooney rule with no intention of ever hiring him for head coach. But it is something Jerry is arrogant enough to do

Well, of course, the investigation would start and stop with Marvin saying, "When they decided on Mike, Mike offered me the job, and I accepted. Done."

conner01

Reaction score
Man I’m already going crazy for the draft. I can’t wait till Nolan comes in the war room and tells Jerry “ give me the fattest DT guy left on the board”.
I suspect it’s gonna be defensive backs before fat boys
At 17 there is gonna be good cb and safety talent sitting there