Twitter: Mike Nolan one to look for as DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He cant tell you. It doesnt say that in the stats he keeps posting.
Do you know?
I honestly would like to know more about him and all everyone is doing is either griping, or arguing.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Bend don’t break, give the DL corny nicknames, let hotshot assistant that yells alot call the defense
Don't you do this to me Luca. You'll be sleeping with the fishes again. Lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Do you know?
I honestly would like to know more about him and all everyone is doing is either griping, or arguing.
I honestly dont know much about him to be fair. So i dont want to say anything.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No, it's actually exactly the way it goes when you have been unsuccessful as a HBC. Did you look at Marinelli's resume when he went O-fer in Detroit? Everybody ain't HC material but they sure as hell can coach'em up in other areas. Falcons hired a new coach in 2015 didn't they. So of course he would be out for the most part and SD and NO already had DC's. Mike Nolan is much better for us than say............oh............DC.

It’s not uncommon to go from HC to DC and then eventually back to HC (presuming that is the goal). However, it went to DC at different spots in quick succession and then to a positions coach.

That’s not the regular trajectory.

That’s like being a regional manager, getting fired, recreating yourself as a store manager, only to move onto night shift manager.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Don't you do this to me Luca. You'll be sleeping with the fishes again. Lol.

he has experience with both fronts. When he was younger he was a red hot HC candidate with the Niners, it didn’t go well.

He’s got some fire, but philosophically he’s all over the map. Hasn’t been a DC since 2014 with Atlanta.

Sydla

Reaction score
You dont say? Your last 100 posts about his stats didnt tell us that. We also "statistically" had the best offense in the NFL this season. What does that tell you?

Plus he seems to think Richard has no responsibility in our current defensive woes and that if we had only handed the reins over to him, we would have kicked *** defensively.

Sydla

Reaction score
Is Nolan aggressive? At least moreso than Richard and Marinelli? More blitzes, etc?

Carson

Reaction score
Is Nolan aggressive? At least moreso than Richard and Marinelli? More blitzes, etc?

He is. He has been a few places. But from what I do know is that he does play aggressive. His big knack I read, was in Miami. He would get passive late in games.

Now thats just from google searching. I'm sure an expert can prove me wrong

Sydla

Reaction score
He is. He has been a few places. But from what I do know is that he does play aggressive. His big knack I read, was in Miami. He would get passive late in games.

Now thats just from google searching. I'm sure an expert can prove me wrong

So he's like most DCs. Play one way until the last 5 minutes of game and then let the opposing offense shred your soft zones and move the ball 80 yards in 2 minutes?

LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.