Twitter: Mike Nolan one to look for as DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think D law with his run stopping ability would make a great 5T. Quinn can probably play 3-4 olb. Could even move Jaylon to olb in certain looks with his ability to rush the passer

Yeah, and i can see Lawrence throwing a pity party for himself with that move.

Note, I am not saying that would be right, but I struggle to think this franchise would do something that would potentially piss off one of their best players.

Unless you think outside the box.............................. and try to trade Lawrence and revamp the D. Just spitballing here.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
2009-11 (DEN/MIA): 7th, 6th, 15th ranked DEF
2012-14 (ATL): 24th, 27th, 32nd ranked DEF

What happened in ATL?

He was LB coach for NO and they had a good LB unit.

Is that by yards?

I think Atlanta was 6th in scoring defense in 2012 but then fell off the map.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I am not advocating for Nolan.

But I am laughing at your continual denial that Richard was a big factor in our defense being mediocre this year. You love to throw it all on Marinelli, when in fact, it was Richard who was calling plays for the defense. You've been told this multiple times by multiple people. People have linked articles. And yet because you have some bizarre fetish for Kris Richard, you ignore all evidence that undermines your points.

It's weird, frankly.

Kris Richard wasn’t the DC.

I wish he was.

Things would have been different.

Sydla

Reaction score
Kris Richard wasn’t the DC.

I wish he was.

Things would have been different.

Kris Richard called the plays. He did basically everything a DC does except have the title.

You continual denial of this is hilarious.

Note this doesn’t let Marinelli off the hook. He wasn’t good either.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Kris Richard called the plays. He did basically everything a DC does except have the title.

You continual denial of this is hilarious.

i just go by the job titles listed on the Cowboys website.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yeah, and i can see Lawrence throwing a pity party for himself with that move.

Note, I am not saying that would be right, but I struggle to think this franchise would do something that would potentially piss off one of their best players.

Unless you think outside the box.............................. and try to trade Lawrence and revamp the D. Just spitballing here.
If he ain't on board trade him. Great against the run. 5 sacks. Duece Duece

EST_1986

Reaction score
I've never known Nolan to be a 4-3 scheme guy, and I think it's so key to stay in this vs totally re-routing and going thru years of adjustment for this defense.
I think it's very important to hit the ground running with minimum adjustment period with the current scheme, imo.
Missing tackles and leaving guys wide *** open? Yes let’s continue with that. Championship.

Sydla

Reaction score
i just go by the job titles listed on the Cowboys website.

The job titles are meaningless. Read up. Educate yourself. Richard called defensive plays. Basically, all Marinelli did was coordinate the DL and work on game plans with Richard. On Sundays, it was Richard to called the plays. It's been reported in multiple locations, multiple times. Shoot, while watching games, you could see it was Richard on the head set calling in plays.

But I get it. It doesn't fit with your worldview of how awesome Richard is, so its best to ignore all of that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yes, just get that 200 year old relic Marinelli out of here, my 8 year old daughter can call a defense better than that fossil.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The job titles are meaningless. Read up. Educate yourself. Richard called defensive plays. Basically, all Marinelli did was coordinate the DL and work on game plans with Richard. On Sundays, it was Richard to called the plays. It's been reported in multiple locations, multiple times. Shoot, while watching games, you could see it was Richard on the head set calling in plays.

But I get it. It doesn't fit with your worldview of how awesome Richard is, so its best to ignore all of that.

job titles seem to work everywhere else.

How jacked up is this team when people don’t know who the DC is? Or was.

RamziD

Reaction score
Is that by yards?

I think Atlanta was 6th in scoring defense in 2012 but then fell off the map.

Yes, by yards. I don’t know which teams he employed a 3-4 and which a 4-3, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.