Signed by Cowboys Mike Solari new OL coach

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Time for some new blood….here’s your new 70 year old offensive lineman coach!!! I kid I kid I have no idea how he’ll do but not the sexiest pick

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Is anyone else concerned that the OL coach was hired BEFORE the OC? Should the new OC be bringing in guys he wants to work with?
Nah, I always worry about Jerry hiring his coordinators before the HC, but this shouldn't be an issue. It's McCarthys team and his decision on who he brings on from top to bottom. Plus with a McCarthy calling plays the new OC that gets brought in is most likely doing more of the grunt work involved with the OC title that McCarthy doesn't have the time for.

Zordon

Reaction score
Coach who was really good like 20 years ago and with ties to Landry. Remind you of anyone?

5f97f3d2f21803001222c22c

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
At least it isn't Philbin, but this dude looks like he's kind of a dud, too.
He's had success at times, and seems like he's primarily into zone blocking.

He was with the Dallas Cowboys as assistant offensive line coach and special teams coach.

Solari joined the San Francisco 49ers in 1992 as tight ends coach and assistant offensive line coach. There he won a Super Bowl ring as a member of 1994 49ers coaching staff.

In 1997, he joined the Kansas City Chiefs as their O-line coach. And for many years, tutored some of the best lineman in the NFL, including Pro Football Hall of Famers Will Shields and Willie Roaf. Upon the retirement of Dick Vermeil and the signing of incumbent OC Al Saunders by Washington, Solari was promoted to Offensive Coordinator in 2006. After the conclusion of the 2007 season, Solari was fired by the Chiefs following a 4-12 season and was replaced by former Georgia Tech head coach and long-time NFL coach Chan Gailey.[1]

Solari joined the Seahawks staff in 2008, he changed its offensive line scheme to more zone blocking.[2]

On January 21, 2010, Solari was named offensive line coach for the San Francisco 49ers.[3]

Solari joined the Packers staff as an offensive line assistant following the 2014 season.[4]

On January 21, 2016, Solari was hired by the New York Giants as offensive line coach.[5]

On January 15, 2018, Solari was rehired by the Seattle Seahawks as their offensive line coach.[6]
Those KC lines back in the day were pretty good. Probably just goes to show that a lot of OL coaches can succeed when they have talented players and fail when they don't.

Carson

Reaction score
I wonder if he’ll bring anybody… yeah no that never happens

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Gawd, I don't get it. A dude that was coaching under Landry? Gee, the knock on him in Seattle was the OL didn't protect Wilson well enough. What could go wrong in Dallas?